* Official Auburn vs. Texas A&M Game Thread *

abw0004

Just now, Tiger4life25 said:

Who else is half @$$ watching the game and really not into it. Auburn is a huge part of my family’s life and our Saturday’s revolve around Auburn football and we have all our gear on with all the food and drink but all of us don’t seem to really care. It’s really sad that we are at this point.

I overslept and missed the first quarter. Normally I would be up at 6AM bc I can't stop thinking about the game.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let us see if we can make some adjustments at halftime. Maybe we can somehow change it up on defense in the second half. I would sell out to stop the run. Make Mond beat us. And he may very well do that, but we have to stop the run.

2 minutes ago, Sully to Beasley said:

Gus is a coward. H is not man enough to run a few plays utilizing 3 timeouts. I will say it again, the man is a coward and has no business being the Auburn Head Football coach. FIRE HIM TODAY! 😡

So what are you really trying to say?

1 minute ago, aucanucktiger said:

aTm left tackle jumped before snap on their 1st TD. Not called.

I have said this for many many years. This is pre-determined that we will get almost no calls today in our favor, or at least the ones that really affect plays, like holding and PI. SEC wants a 6-1 team to beat a 5-3 team for rankings, bowls, playoffs, and MONEY.  We will have to battle aTm and the refs the entire game. There may be a random call here and there (like the chop block) or at the end of the game to pad the penalty stats. We have been on both sides of this over the years. 

2 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

If I’m AU I throw everything at them . Flea flickers, 2 point conversion. Show that we want to win . 

We run flea flickers against teams like Kent state on the regular, idk how much that is going to show that we want to win. 😂😂

Yep, there was 25 seconds and we should have used it, but NOPE! I guess CGM plans on using the first string Offense and Defense in the 2nd Half? We have no way of stopping their Offense, so Gus ought to be throwing everything and anything at them to get points. He should at least try.

3 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

If I’m AU I throw everything at them . Flea flickers, 2 point conversion. Show that we want to win . 

We’re saving that for Miss State. 

4 minutes ago, Sully to Beasley said:

Gus is a coward. H is not man enough to run a few plays utilizing 3 timeouts. I will say it again, the man is a coward and has no business being the Auburn Head Football coach. FIRE HIM TODAY! 😡

He played it safe in a one score game. Pretty much text book. If a fumble or pick occurred, you guys would be bashing the HELL out of him also. Either way, he obviously has no fans in here no matter what he does. 

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Douche or not. He puts together a nice little defense.

I’ve not been a fan of some of the stuff that’s been said on his treatment of certain players, but that being said, the intensity that he instills in his players is top notch.

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

If Douche wins football games then I’m ok with dropping Under Armor for Summers Eve

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Agree. Some coaches are much better coordinators than they are head coaches. Another coach besides Muschamp comes to mind....

You have Anthony freakin Swartz, the Willie Gault of college football.  I guy that can take the top off of any defense yet Gus rarely sends him on routes past 10 yards.   Just stupid.  Example 1001 that our OC's aren't really the OC

1 minute ago, wcware said:

If Douche wins football games then I’m ok with dropping Under Armor for Summers Eve

I even bet their cleats won’t stink!

6 minutes ago, Tiger4life25 said:

Who else is half @$$ watching the game and really not into it. Auburn is a huge part of my family’s life and our Saturday’s revolve around Auburn football and we have all our gear on with all the food and drink but all of us don’t seem to really care. It’s really sad that we are at this point.

All of this. Gus makes me feel like I’m wasting 3 1/2 hours of my life on Saturdays. I love Auburn and always will, but, geez, the man is killing the fun of Auburn football. 

When we lose this game, Gus needs to be asked why he chose to forfeit our last offensive possession of the first half.   Our defense is obviously not going to pitch a shutout in the second half so why wouldn’t we attempt to score when we had 3 timeouts? 

Just now, wcware said:

I would normally agree, but he left us without a second thought last time when we gave him a second chance after abstract failure. He is a moron for thinking he has the ability to be a head coach. He obviously sucks as a head coach and is a great DC. He’d do it again unless he was DC at UGA probably. 

1 minute ago, jw 4 au said:

I would normally agree, but he left us without a second thought last time when we gave him a second chance after abstract failure. He is a moron for thinking he has the ability to be a head coach. He obviously sucks as a head coach and is a great DC. He’d do it again unless he was DC at UGA probably. 

We knew that would happen when we hired him. It was a forgone conclusion 

3 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

He played it safe in a one score game. Pretty much text book. If a fumble or pick occurred, you guys would be bashing the HELL out of him also. Either way, he obviously has no fans in here no matter what he does. 

Sorry that textbook was outdated with the 3yds and a cloud of dust.   You have nothing to lose, no reason not to try to at least get some points.  Especially when your defense can't stop water.   Just gave away a possession 

9 minutes ago, Tiger4life25 said:

Literally going through all the social media sites(AUF, FB, Twitter) and getting a good chuckle. Y'all are cutting Gustav ZERO slack..

1 minute ago, wcware said:

We knew that would happen when we hired him. It was a forgone conclusion 

I sort of agree, but would you do it again?  Especially, as someone else just pointed out, with another guy as head coach who is only qualified to be an OC?  We would be a staff full of coordinators still. 

Archived