* Official Auburn vs. Texas A&M Game Thread *

abw0004

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so sick of this. Carrying 3 time-outs into the locker room with the ball. That says everything you need to know about our current staff. Just giving a possession away. At the very least....run one play and then with 4-5 seconds left try throwing a deep shot to the fastest guy in CFB. I am just sick of it.

Just now, wareagleguy said:

So, do we now have 6 TOs for the 2nd half?!

Gus Post game: “Yeah the first half was a bit ugly, but we didn’t even have to use a timeout. So we’ll use that and build on it next week.”

I don't understand anything about a Gus coached team, but why isn't Steele giving some young guys more playing time?Zacoby is my favorite player but he has to be beat up, why aren't we seeing some rotation with Steiner?   Same can be said for other DL's.  I definitely think Smoke's back-up should be playing more, I'm afraid he checked out on this season a while ago.  Steele/Garner used to rotate regularly even when the 2nd string guys weren't all that experienced, or good, but they did it situationally to give the starters a break.  

Defense was one area I didn't spend too much time scratching my head, until now.

Just now, gr82b4au said:

This defense is the worst I have seen since 2014. The difference is that we had offense that year. Really really really really really really bad defense. 

Too young, LBs way too small, DE recruits - older ones - are busts, DBs most always out of position, no leadership, consistently bad calls by Steele- disaster.

Undersized and tired LBs and DTs being manhandled by massive O linemen. Just like last week. And zero adjustments by our vaulted coaches Steele, Garner,  and TWill. House cleaning much overdue. 

6 minutes ago, shabby said:

Steele's defenses have a history of getting progressively worse against the run. Look no further than his stint at LSU. I hear Muschamp needs a job. Font think he will be a heaD coach anywhere in the near future

Yeah, I've always wondered how much credit for the defense from 2016-19 Steele vs. Muschamp deserves.

Considering it should probably be a blowout... at least we get the ball to start the second half lol. Don’t get wrong I’m on the Gus needs to go train, but nothing would make happier than to spoil A&M and especially Jimbo’s playoff hopes.

Nice clock management again by Gus.  He is sack-less and his team knows that.  He figures if he uses his timeouts, we may foul up on offense and let a&m score again.   Such a pitiful, defeatist attitude.   Thank God Gus wasn't a General in WW2

2 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

Gus is such a vagina

-Hans Gruber voice-   AHEM....an extremely well-paid vagina...and since Im stepping up to total coaching malfeasance....you should be more respectful."

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Rehire Muschamp!!!! We can be his vacation home. We let him come in and fix everything up and then send him off to greener pastures when he’s ready. 

F Muschamp. He’s a douche. 

As bad as the offense has been this year, the defense has been equally pathetic.  

Don’t get the love for Steele.  The entire defensive front is awful.    Maybe one player, #25 that is an SEC caliber player.   The backers are not in the in the proper position, not true middle linebackers.   Does Auburn not have middle linebacker that isn’t hurt or sitting out? 

5 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Undersized and tired LBs and DTs being manhandled by massive O linemen. Just like last week. And zero adjustments by our vaulted coaches Steele, Garner,  and TWill. House cleaning much overdue. 

DTs are all bulked up defensive ends or 3 stars. It's a talent thing. 

Gus is a coward. H is not man enough to run a few plays utilizing 3 timeouts. I will say it again, the man is a coward and has no business being the Auburn Head Football coach. FIRE HIM TODAY! 😡

Who else is half @$$ watching the game and really not into it. Auburn is a huge part of my family’s life and our Saturday’s revolve around Auburn football and we have all our gear on with all the food and drink but all of us don’t seem to really care. It’s really sad that we are at this point.

Archived