Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

Auburn will never be irrelevant. Some of y’all are really emotional about some things you have absolutely no control over. Be patient, it will play out just not on the time table we want 

No. Our response to Alabama’s resurrection and run of excellence was to hire Chizik away from ISU and then to replace him with a goofball, high school coach that bailed out on Auburn once and then retain him through a run of sustained mediocrity( and even reward him for it). People’s love for Auburn is clouding their vision here to be optimistic, not the other way around. Back in the day, when Barfield lost to UT 42-0 you knew he was as good as gone as soon as the final game was played. Now, we accept getting crushed by our biggest rivals on a regular basis (and, going into the games knowing that we have little to no chance) and twist ourself into knots making excuses for why we are mediocre. The people that could do something about it expect the hokey “Auburn family” mantra to keep the fan base engaged while they allow an incompetent fool to run our program. Like it or not, Auburn is known by most people that didn’t attend there for its football program. Gus, of all people, is the national face of our university. His inability to run a competent program is doing daily long-term damage and the pace is accelerating. But, we can all just keep whistling past the graveyard while he is allowed to do it and be highly compensated for it. What a sad state of affairs for the football program and the university.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess we’re waiting on Hairball to be available when Michigan doesn’t renew him.  Seems like the Auburn thing to do.  

39 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Just do it. Rip off the band-aid and let's figure out how to rebuild. This fan base is done with Malzahn.  You could hear it in Cole's voice last night too. 

Yeah, Cole sounded checked out, like why the hell do I have to be here covering this.

11 minutes ago, fredst said:

No. Our response to Alabama’s resurrection and run of excellence was to hire Chizik away from ISU and the to replace him with a goofball, high school coach that bailed out on Auburn once and then retain him through a run of sustained mediocrity( and even reward him for it). People’s love for Auburn is clouding their vision here to be optimistic not the other way around. Back in the day, when Barfield lost to UT 42-0 you knew he was as good as gone as soon as the final game was played. Now, we accept getting crushed by our biggest rivals on a regular basis (and, going into the games knowing that we have little to no chance) and twist ourself into knots making excuses for why we are mediocre. The people that could do something about it expect the hokey “Auburn family” mantra to keep the fan base engaged while they allow an incompetent fool to run our program. Like it or not, Auburn is known by most people that didn’t attend there for its football program. Gus, of all people, is the national face of our university. His inability to run a competent program is doing daily long-term damage and the pace is accelerating. But, we can all just keep whistling past the graveyard while he is allowed to do it and be highly compensated for it. What a sad state of affairs for the football program and the university.

The bolded is a huge deal. I mean I’m tired of going into any big game and saying “I just hope we don’t get embarrassed”. Heck there is no more friendly banter at family functions now between the Auburn fans and Mainly Alabama fans with a few Georgia fans. You can tell they want to talk smack and we are resorted to “ I just hope we don’t get embarrassed”, I mean it’s a sad state of affairs really that AU has become.

Hey if Gustav is still around by tonight then the only real thing we can do is blow up AD Greene’s email. May not help but trust me it’s therapeutic ha.

atheltic_director@auburn.edu. Website also has a phone listed 334-844-9891. Best believe both are getting a drumming if Gustav is kept. 

1 hour ago, wcware said:

I’m done. If anyone needs me from here on out, I’ll be in the bball forum. ✌️ 

1 hour ago, chizhead said:

Hang on and let me get my hat. I'm going with you....I'm outa' here

Come on over! It's warm, sunny, and has good coaching. :D We welcome all, but know that the word "boom" is banned. 😛

15 minutes ago, fredst said:

No. Our response to Alabama’s resurrection and run of excellence was to hire Chizik away from ISU and the to replace him with a goofball, high school coach that bailed out on Auburn once and then retain him through a run of sustained mediocrity( and even reward him for it). People’s love for Auburn is clouding their vision here to be optimistic not the other way around. Back in the day, when Barfield lost to UT 42-0 you knew he was as good as gone as soon as the final game was played. Now, we accept getting crushed by our biggest rivals on a regular basis (and, going into the games knowing that we have little to no chance) and twist ourself into knots making excuses for why we are mediocre. The people that could do something about it expect the hokey “Auburn family” mantra to keep the fan base engaged while they allow an incompetent fool to run our program. Like it or not, Auburn is known by most people that didn’t attend there for its football program. Gus, of all people, is the national face of our university. His inability to run a competent program is doing daily long-term damage and the pace is accelerating. But, we can all just keep whistling past the graveyard while he is allowed to do it and be highly compensated for it. What a sad state of affairs for the football program and the university.

Dang... Screenshotted for future reference cause this just BANGED.

14 minutes ago, fredst said:

Award winning post.  

17 minutes ago, fredst said:

Ok - but Auburn will never ever be irrelevant. Like you said Auburn is known because of its football program and it has yet to reach the pinnacle of UA, Miami, ND, and others, but it can. First with the right administration and then the right coach. Someone here said the administration(Jacobs) told Bruce to hire Chuck Person, and look what it did to the basketball program. If the same people keep making moves like this the results will never change. Like I have been saying since I left campus, Auburn just can’t get out of its own way. Until then we will never have the winning consistency we desire. Hire someone give them the control they need and get out of the way.

I realize it’s only 9:30, but at this point in the day already, I’m convinced that Butch Jones will still be the coach at Auburn next year.  Sad day in this Auburn household....

57 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

All he said about money was that none of us, on this board have 20 million dollars. I mean, yea, he’s likely right about that. But he’s not even 100% sure of that. The rest of his post read like a drunk rant by a guy who has no drive and no respect for Auburn. It was embarrassing. 

He is right. I know I don’t have it but if I did, the decision would have been made already and he would be out. Others have posted that money is not the problem. So cut the check and send him on his way. So this place can have some level of sanity well at least until the new coach is hired. Btw a difference of opinion about the football program does not equate disrespect about it. It seems as if you don’t think one way around here you called “loser” “head in sand”, disrespectful, not knowledgeable etc. Makes the board cringy at times (my daughters word) but I guess everybody just wants to go off......

21 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Ok - but Auburn will never ever be irrelevant. Like you said Auburn is known because of its football program and it has yet to reach the pinnacle of UA, Miami, ND, and others, but it can. First with the right administration and then the right coach. Someone here said the administration(Jacobs) told Bruce to hire Chuck Person, and look what it did to the basketball program. If the same people keep making moves like this the results will never change. Like I have been saying since I left campus, Auburn just can’t get out of its own way. Until then we will never have the winning consistency we desire. Hire someone give them the control they need and get out of the way.

I really do want to be optimistic like you. Auburn has meant a lot to me through the years for a lot more than football. This acceptance of Gus and the results he is getting is SO discouraging. Watching the video posted of that dip💩 dancing after a crappy win against a 2-6 team about finished me off, lol. I just cannot take him being the face of the university for much longer.

Even worse, I think that we have an opportunity to get THAT guy. I really believe that Cristobal with AU resources and tradition could have a sustained run of excellence at AU. I’m not clairvoyant but I really believe that (and could be dead wrong). We have a chance to grab for the brass ring and instead we are going the hold on to the rotting mullet we have.

3 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

I realize it’s only 9:30, but at this point in the day already, I’m convinced that Butch Jones will still be the coach at Auburn next year.  Sad day in this Auburn household....

Wait, STILL? When did Butch Jones become our coach? What year is this?!!!

Today is a critical day in the future of Auburn football. If we don’t do what is necessary today and fire a sub par coach the repercussions could be devastating for years to come. If we accept mediocrity we become it and will never change. Wish I would have invested in Bitcoin like I should have back in 2012 I’d have made sure Gustav had his pink slip on his desk this morning. But alas all I have is $100 to contribute to his firing. 

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Wait, STILL? When did Butch Jones become our coach? What year is this?!!!

I believe he meant that metaphorically. 

If Greene keeps Malzahn after beating a 2-6 Miss. State team, then Allen needs his head x-yayed. Don't give Gus another freakin year. Cause if you do, then you should start looking for a new job. Fire Gus.

1 minute ago, auburn4ever said:

If Greene keeps Malzahn after beating a 2-6 Miss. State team, then Allen needs his head x-yayed. Don't give Gus another freakin year. Cause if you do, then you should start looking for a new job. Fire Gus.

I don’t even know what an x-yay is but I agree with the general sentiment of this post

4 minutes ago, fredst said:

I don’t even know what an x-yay is but I agree with the general sentiment of this post

gotta be something to do with piles of cocaine

9 minutes ago, fredst said:

I really do want to be optimistic like you. Auburn has meant a lot to me through the years for a lot more than football. This acceptance of Gus and the results he is getting is SO discouraging. Watching the video posted of that dip💩 dancing after a crappy win against a 2-6 team about finished me off, lol. I just cannot take him being the face of the university for much longer.

Even worse, I think that we have an opportunity to get THAT guy. I really believe that Cristobal with AU resources and tradition could have a sustained run of excellence at AU. I’m not clairvoyant but I really believe that (and could be dead wrong). We have a chance to grab for the brass ring and instead we are going the hold on to the rotting mullet we have.

Think of the hires since Dye moved on...I was younger when it started but I recall all having one great season. Bowden, Tubbs, Chiz, and Gus. And Tubbs through Gus are all connected. Neither was able to get Auburn the winning consistency we all want. Resources are there, facilities, fan base, recruiting area, best conference, etc. So what level of confidence do you have that they the “puppet masters” or “money people”will get it right this time? They say Allen Greene is here only to get finances in order, so apparently it’s not his call. It’s like a cycle of craziness that can’t be broken, maybe someone needs to burn sage in the Athletic Department or something. 

12 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

They say Allen is only here to get the finances in order. He has no influence, maybe raise money for the buyout. That’s about it.

Archived