Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't watch the game last night.  I actively chose watching MLS Cup over Auburn football.  I can't ever remember anything outside of an emergency taking precedence over AU football for me on a fall Saturday.

And the worst part?  I had way more fun watching soccer and don't feel like I missed anything worth watching last night in Starkville.  Gus has taken the joy out of Auburn football for me.  It's sad, but is what it is.  

43 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Devils Advocate here - Bama is good, really good. This year they beat the crap out of everybody in the SEC. And Sark runs that offense like a well oiled machine. Saban could have missed every game and they would have still went undefeated. They have top ten NFL talent at almost every position. And if any team needed a spring season Auburn did, still no excuse for how things ultimately played out but with a new OC, new OL, losing DB and a few others. Yeah Auburn needed spring because we just don’t reload like Bama. Actually no one in the SEC does. And before anyone calls me a loser or something else, yes Gus needs to go. But I doubt if they pay him off this year.

I appreciate your perspective, and happy you agree that he needs to go. But it’s hard to get past this for fans, and should be for the PTB: OM and Arky had new coaches on depleted rosters and we eeked out wins vs them that should’ve been losses. Throw in the loss to USCe who beat us with a 2 win team and had no spring with a grad transfer Qb. There is zero reason to believe anything changes in 2021 and they should act now. Like you, I doubt they will. 

If I recall, Mississippi State made the move from Joe Moorehead pretty late in the coaching carousel cycle. Just because the announcement wasn't made last night/this morning doesn't meant that it won't especially if the rumors are to be believed. Despite what we may think of Gus he's at least built up enough good will not to be public ran out of town.

We've been patient thus far. Give it another day or two.

2 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

Just do it. Rip off the band-aid and let's figure out how to rebuild. This fan base is done with Malzahn.  You could hear it in Cole's voice last night too. 

What was interesting to me was the announcers were railing on Bo, as usual, about throwing off his back foot, leaving the pocket too early and not stepping into his throws.  Then the said both Gus and Chad had told Bo to correct those things.  Keep in mind this is the 10th and last game of the season with at least 5 months of practice and games under his belt.

It seems like Gus has heard the announcers say these things and maybe he should address them.  In typical Gus fashion he throw his player under the bus.

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

What was interesting to me was the announcers were railing on Bo, as usual, about throwing off his back foot, leaving the pocket too early and not stepping into his throws.  Then the said both Gus and Chad had told Bo to correct those things.  Keep in mind this is the 10th and last game of the season with at least 5 months of practice and games under his belt.

It seems like Gus has heard the announcers say these things and maybe he should address them.  In typical Gus fashion he throw his player under the bus.

To be fair to Gus and Chad, both of them are D1 offense coaches. I refuse to believe that neither or both of them haven’t attempted to break Bo of his habit of throwing off his back foot. They realize that you can’t have accuracy the way he throws. I think Bo is just stuck in his ways and gets into games and reverts right back to his old ways. What I will say is that, if Bo refuses to fix his bad habits, they should have benched him until he did. And that’s on them. Now the kid probably feels like his job is secure and he doesn’t have to do anything he doesn’t want to. 

5 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

If I recall, Mississippi State made the move from Joe Moorehead pretty late in the coaching carousel cycle. Just because the announcement wasn't made last night/this morning doesn't meant that it won't especially if the rumors are to be believed. Despite what we may think of Gus he's at least built up enough good will not to be public ran out of town.

We've been patient thus far. Give it another day or two.

Yeah, last year I remember people saying that NYE was the date the buyout dropped.

It isn't COVID-19 that took the fun out of Auburn football, it's because of Gus Malzahn and I don't think I'll ever get that fun back thanks to him.

Chizik was fired the day after the iron bowl. but his fate was a foregone conclusion

Tuberville resigned about two-three days later if i remember correctly

going on that history id say 12 pm today- 6pm Tuesday is possible timeline for announcement

If Allen answered I would probably forget why I called. I would say something like “ Is your refrigerator running ? “ or “do you have Prince Albert in a can?”  I would forget about my absolute blood anger for the administration 

27 minutes ago, AUwent said:

We're never going to be rid of Gus are we?

until death do us part...........and no, I am not suggesting killing all of us, that would be silly.  lol.

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

To be fair to Gus and Chad, both of them are D1 offense coaches. I refuse to believe that neither or both of them haven’t attempted to break Bo of his habit of throwing off his back foot. They realize that you can’t have accuracy the way he throws. I think Bo is just stuck in his ways and gets into games and reverts right back to his old ways. What I will say is that, if Bo refuses to fix his bad habits, they should have benched him until he did. And that’s on them. Now the kid probably feels like his job is secure and he doesn’t have to do anything he doesn’t want to. 

I agree with most of this except the opening statement. Yes, both are D1 offensive coaches, but Bo has has 2 complete years to break bad habits and improve his performance.  Bo obviously does not share Gus’ and Chad’s vision of how to improve his performance.  It is their responsibility to mold Bo into what their vision of a SEC QB is from the get go.

Gus has no clue what a SEC QB should look like as evidenced from his recruiting the position, much less how to instruct a QB to his *standards*.  So now that announcers are criticizing Bo’s performance he deflects by blaming the player.

If Chad was the QB guru he was suppose to be why have we not seen an improvement?  My speculation is Gus won’t allow Bo to be benched for any reason and Gus’ fall back position is his backups aren’t ready.  How many time have we seen this same scenario?  Gus has, one way or another (see Sean White, Malik Willis and Joey Gatewood), ensured we only have one capable QB at a time.  The guy is an idiot with roster management.

14 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

JMO but in order to break your bad habits and evolve at any game you need development and coaching.. just telling me to do something is not going to cut it.. show me how to do it.. work on it every single day in practice.. develop somebody.. CGM does not have a great record with player development. Until he is gone we will continue to see our 4 and 5 star offensive guys not make improvement.. it is maddening. 

I remember when Gus and the expression BOOM became popular. Around 2013-2014 it looked like he was going to keep us around as a contender. Ever since the 2015 season, it's been a different standard around the plains with the exception of 2017. I was at the Georgia and Bama games and also went to the sec championship. Most lopsided and painful loss I've ever been to. 

8 minutes ago, drewzums343 said:

I remember when Gus and the expression BOOM became popular. Around 2013-2014 it looked like he was going to keep us around as a contender. Ever since the 2015 season, it's been a different standard around the plains with the exception of 2017. I was at the Georgia and Bama games and also went to the sec championship. Most lopsided and painful loss I've ever been to. 

whenever I her the word "Boom" I clinch a fist and wanna punch the first person I see wearing glasses or a sweater vest or a visor.

So here is my take.

It won't happen today, Auburn is too godly to fire someone on a Sunday.

Tomorrow is a possibility.

If it doesn't happen tomorrow and they do want to remove him it's because they want to wait for Early National Signing Day to pass and get some of this recruiting class signed (kind of crappy for the recruits but nothing new).

If it doesn't happen by the end of this week then it's likely not happening. They won't do it the week of Christmas.

Maybe a bad bowl game could lead to it but I'm not feeling like he's leaving.

Archived