Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

Wait!    I'm confused.  Doesn't the buyout drop in 3-5 weeks?    If so, why not wait?  Recruiting will not take that big of a it.  We may miss out on some early signing day recruits,  but money is getting tight with all the Covid s***.  Put the money saved by waiting a few weeks into the recruiting budget

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Wait!    I'm confused.  Doesn't the buyout drop in 3-5 weeks?    If so, why not wait?  Recruiting will not take that big of a it.  We may miss out on some early signing day recruits,  but money is getting tight with all the Covid s***.  Put the money saved by waiting a few weeks into the recruiting budget

The buyout drops every time Gus gets a paycheck.

1 hour ago, PigskinPat said:

You’ve spoken with these people?

Nah. They tweeted it. Just as good. 

2 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

The buyout drops every time Gus gets a paycheck.

I'm serious.  I haven't payed much attention to the buyout numbers and dates (seemed futile),  but I thought there was a big drop in the buyout (millions??) coming up really soon (mid Jan??).     I've been anti Gus a long time,  but I can stick it  out a few more weeks to save "millions"

7 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Pretty sure it dropped at the beginning of the month. Half of which would be due up-front, then in installments. Even that is negotiable if Auburn so chose to try that route.

2 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I'm serious.  I haven't payed much attention to the buyout numbers and dates (seemed futile),  but I thought there was a big drop in the buyout (millions??) coming up really soon (mid Jan??).     I've been anti Gus a long time,  but I can stick it  out a few more weeks to save "millions"

It is 75% of whatever remains on the contact. Every time he gets paid, that amount is no longer remaining on the contract. So it is kind of a continual reduction rather than a big step function every year

2 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

A few people close to the program are hinting that tomorrow is Gus’ last day 

8D4A16BD-EBC9-45FF-BA8C-E91A2E9F4A86.jpeg

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Ron Sanders who runs the Auburn 247 and Oregon's 247 site has said nothing has changed and he still thinks he is gone on Sunday or Monday.

23740814-E186-4842-A3C4-50CC99D722B1.gif

19 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Early signing day is like Tuesday or Wednesday. It'd be a bad look, and genuinely unethical, to wait to fire Gus after reeling in those early recruits, with them fully believing Gus will be their coach in 2021.

1 hour ago, rockfordpi said:

Just wishful dreaming on the part of fans. If you search hard enough you can alway find someone who will tell you what you want to hear. 

Truth is, none of these wishful dreamers have the 20+ million to terminate CGM or the additional 20 million that they are going to use to hire Bob Stoops, Urban Meyer, John Gruden (or whatever other big time coach they just know AU is about to hire),who is just itching to come to work in CNS backyard for a Bipolar Schenzophrencnic fan base.

One can argue that it was a bad mistake to give that contract extension to CGM, but that is done. All those so called fans who are stirring the coaching change pot are just hurting AU, hurting recruiting, and making it harder for the next super coach that they will be ready to fire the next year.

Change means different, change does not alway mean better. Ask UT, ask Ark., ask GA. , ask Texas. Of course we have an admin who is much more competent than they have at those schools, especially with such a wise fan base advising them and pledging other people's (boosters) money, and with AU being a much better coaching destination, we certainly will do better with our hire, no way we could possibly do worse than what we have.  Heck, we should be right there with Texas, GA, and UT in no time at all.

🐴 💩 

7 hours ago, drewzums343 said:

If Allan Greene agrees with gus that a 6-4 record is a solid year, we are officially becoming Arkansas

@drewzums343Green isn't in a position to do anything about it. He may make the final announcement but he doesn't control the money owed to Gus should he be fired.

6 hours ago, AUwent said:

Believable buuuut it's Josh Moon.

@AUwentIt's believable because it's what real insiders have been saying or implying for a good while.

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

He keeps saying Mario really wants Auburn. Sadly he says he is not sure how much Auburn wants him..... SMH

Echos what JGT has been saying.

13 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Feels like Christmas morning when i was 5 again

Or when Charlie Brown went trick or treating and got a rock... 😂

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Echos what JGT has been saying.

What a freaking joke. The fan base has been the most frustrated that I’ve seen and they seem to be totally okay with it. I get it , the money ..but I guess they want the bottom to fall out. 

Archived