Give the peasants some crumbs....

wdefromtx

10 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Peasants and Crumbs Indeed. 

If this doesn't make some on here realize that both parties don't give a flying **** about the people they are supposed to represent then there is no hope for them. Some of the items they had to put in these two bills (relief and government funding) is outrageous. But I am sure a select few will defend their actions or just pay blame to the other party. 

16 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

If this doesn't make some on here realize that both parties don't give a flying **** about the people they are supposed to represent then there is no hope for them. Some of the items they had to put in these two bills (relief and government funding) is outrageous. But I am sure a select few will defend their actions or just pay blame to the other party. 

Ignorance is bliss. The same mentality leading this country is the same that is "leading" Auburn in its search for a new ball coach. 

19 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Or give their brainless thumbs down to anything that isn’t approved of by the bootlicking partisans. 

A random $600 when you are out of work, looking at eviction, and not even before Christmas is just crumbs. In DC’s eyes we are all just deplorables and they could not care less. A single mom with 2 kids will spend $600 on groceries while they play the fiddle and America burns this December. But hey, that check that will come next year after another 5,000 businesses go under, and the stop eviction rules have lapsed won’t have Trump’s signature on it and THAT is all that matters here. Is that check that is now most assuredly coming too late to do any real good won’t have THAT man’s signature on it. And if that has to cause another round of evictions and business closure and layoffs etc, well that is fine. As long as his signature is not on that check, **** the World. 

9 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

won’t have Trump’s signature on it and THAT is all that matters here.

Yep, no Trump signature is a bummer. My first stimulus money was not direct deposited because in years past always owed money. Was looking forward to a check with Trumps signature so I could frame it. Instead received a credit/debit card. Thought it was one of those pre-approved deals and almost cut it up before researching. Have a family member that did shred his. Cost him $7.50 to have it re-issued.

Seriously, have mixed feelings about stimulus packages with $ simply doled out. Seems a lot of un-needing people received money while others can not receive enough. Can not depend on government to "prop-up" everything. 

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

A random $600 when you are out of work, looking at eviction, and not even before Christmas is just crumbs. In DC’s eyes we are all just deplorables and they could not care less. A single mom with 2 kids will spend $600 on groceries while they play the fiddle and America burns this December. But hey, that check that will come next year after another 5,000 businesses go under, and the stop eviction rules have lapsed won’t have Trump’s signature on it and THAT is all that matters here. Is that check that is now most assuredly coming too late to do any real good won’t have THAT man’s signature on it. And if that has to cause another round of evictions and business closure and layoffs etc, well that is fine. As long as his signature is not on that check, **** the World. 

I think I am less bothered by the fact it is only $600 and more that they stuffed all kinds of stupid foreign aid (billions), corporate tax write-offs/credits, a billion for two new Smithsonian Museums, 90 million for furniture and upgrades for the Senate and the list goes on. 25 million for gender studies in Pakistan? WTAF!!! Money that could be added to the $600 or used to really help. In reality all this bull**** spending is just a transfer of money to get their kickbacks at the expense of us!! 

More proof that both parties are really more the same than people realize. Ignorance is bliss for sure!!

the dems have come out and said this is just a down payment until biden gets in. but even trump was mad about the low number. it seeems the repubs thought the economy was doing better than it actually was from the last stimulus.

27 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

I think I am less bothered by the fact it is only $600 and more that they stuffed all kinds of stupid foreign aid (billions), corporate tax write-offs/credits, a billion for two new Smithsonian Museums, 90 million for furniture and upgrades for the Senate and the list goes on. 25 million for gender studies in Pakistan? WTAF!!! Money that could be added to the $600 or used to really help. In reality all this bull**** spending is just a transfer of money to get their kickbacks at the expense of us!! 

More proof that both parties are really more the same than people realize. Ignorance is bliss for sure!!

i do not mind the smithsonian museums or the kennedy centers but it should have been in a different bill when a large portion of america is hurting.

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

the dems have come out and said this is just a down payment until biden gets in. but even trump was mad about the low number. it seeems the repubs thought the economy was doing better than it actually was from the last stimulus.

Down payment for what? Other countries? They won't be able to get anything else done even when Biden gets in. They are like a shady car dealership, they padded the bill with an extended warranty, some undercoating, window tint, gap insurance, oil change plan, at least throw in some Vaseline to make things go in smoother. 

In reality if the dems wanted to help the people they would not have crammed so many items in this bill that are meaningless, new Smithsonians, bs foreign aid. The repubs wouldn't want crazy money for defense spending and their lunch write-offs, etc. 

This was really a down payment for themselves. 

I am liking that guy from Missouri though, he's my age and he's a republican and he actually sided with Bernie Sanders on this issue. Yes, we need to worry about the budget. But now is not the time to pinch pennies especially when it is the government that wanted to shut all kinds of industries down. 

23 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i do not mind the smithsonian museums or the kennedy centers but it should have been in a different bill when a large portion of america is hurting.

Makes no difference what it is in. But if that is the case you should be perfectly fine with the defense spending bill for 2020? 

Just now, wdefromtx said:

Makes no difference what it is in. But if that is the case you should be perfectly fine with the defense spending bill for 2020? 

i have not seen it but i think we overspend on defense anyway. i had a navy captain in the pentagon at the crisis center i worked at say there were two defense bills. one the public sees and on they know nothing about. i had no reason to doubt him then nor now to be honest.

4 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Down payment for what? Other countries? They won't be able to get anything else done even when Biden gets in. They are like a shady car dealership, they padded the bill with an extended warranty, some undercoating, window tint, gap insurance, oil change plan, at least throw in some Vaseline to make things go in smoother. 

In reality if the dems wanted to help the people they would not have crammed so many items in this bill that are meaningless, new Smithsonians, bs foreign aid. The repubs wouldn't want crazy money for defense spending and their lunch write-offs, etc. 

This was really a down payment for themselves. 

I am liking that guy from Missouri though, he's my age and he's a republican and he actually sided with Bernie Sanders on this issue. Yes, we need to worry about the budget. But now is not the time to pinch pennies especially when it is the government that wanted to shut all kinds of industries down. 

a down payment for americans. i thought that would be obvious.

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

a down payment for americans. i thought that would be obvious.

I knew what you meant....

That is just bs rhetoric. If it was republican saying it you would be all over them. 

You don't get it, neither party gives a s**t about you or me or anyone else for that matter.

9 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i have not seen it but i think we overspend on defense anyway. i had a navy captain in the pentagon at the crisis center i worked at say there were two defense bills. one the public sees and on they know nothing about. i had no reason to doubt him then nor now to be honest.

Dodging the question fidy!! C'mom Man!! LOL , you are trying to defend one side because it is the side you agree on. First we do spend too much on defense spending, second we DO NOT need to be spending a Billion Dollars on two freaking museums right now. It is stupid, even if one argues that it will create jobs......those jobs are years away at a minimum. 

38 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Dodging the question fidy!! C'mom Man!! LOL , you are trying to defend one side because it is the side you agree on. First we do spend too much on defense spending, second we DO NOT need to be spending a Billion Dollars on two freaking museums right now. It is stupid, even if one argues that it will create jobs......those jobs are years away at a minimum. 

dude i am eating lunch and trying to download elder scrolls online. yeah well the tax cut for the filthy rich did not need to happen either. corporate welfare. and we do not need to let the kennedy center fall down until we decide to fix it back up. and i am pretty sure that was included with the first package?

44 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

and i am not dodging the question. and it is not a one sided deal either. if the dems decided to give right at a trillion or so to the rich who do not need it i would raise hell with them as well. unless we are arguing something different.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

and i am not dodging the question. and it is not a one sided deal either. if the dems decided to give right at a trillion or so to the rich who do not need it i would raise hell with them as well. unless we are arguing something different.

I know it is not a one sided deal....but you seem to be the one that is ok for money to be spent on things such as two new museums at a cost of $1B that we don't need now. I don't know why you would think that we need that other than the originator of that was a democrat. If they need to fix things at the Kennedy Center that is fine, but if I recall correctly they gave many museums and performing art centers in the last go around only to have them still lay people off. Also, whatever funding they get every year is fine so if some of the totals are that then I am cool with making sure those places stay open and people keep their jobs. There is probably more unneeded spending than just this, but I haven't had time to read more.

Then there is the corporate money spent, mostly repubs but dems give to their favorite companies as well. 

Then there is all this foreign money that was spent. Close to $5B (Read where some is for gender studies, etc.)

Don't forget the nearly $2B for the border wall. We do need to have something to help with illegal immigration, but this isn't the time. Honesty later on the $2B should be spent on updated the system to speed up processing of legal immigrants. But, whatever.

With just the items I listed we have about $8B being spent on things that we don't need to right now, plus whatever other back scratch deals they worked out to get what they want. The stimulus checks are about $95B by a rough estimation. Wouldn't it make more sense to spend that money for the dependents in college that are left out yet again? Many college students can't get their usual jobs this year because many businesses in college towns shut down. 

Biden can't call this a down payment when they were too busy trying to scratch each other's back. Pelosi can't call this "significant" when they do nothing for 8 months all in the name of politics. McConnell, and his groupies can't whine about the deficit when they want to spend mega money on defense that can be cut back some. At the very least they need to fix on the defense spending is actually hold companies accountable for their cost over-runs and not let them milk the US people to line their own pockets. 

I haven't even touched on the unemployment money. 

4 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Ignorance is bliss. The same mentality leading this country is the same that is "leading" Auburn in its search for a new ball coach. 

And the people voting for the leaders in DC is the same as Auburn fans/alumni letting it happen over and over. But some are ok with "good enough."

https://www.restaurantbusinessonline.com/workforce/dominos-paying-hourly-workers-1200-bonuses#:~:text=Domino's Pizza is giving hourly,be given to 11%2C500 workers.

Domino’s Pizza is giving hourly employees at its company operated restaurants and its supply chain centers one-time bonuses of up to $1,200 this month.

The Ann Arbor, Mich.-based pizza chain said on Monday it would spend more than $9.6 million on the bonuses, which will be given to 11,500 workers. The bonuses do not cover employees of franchisee-owned restaurants. Franchisees operate all but 342 of Domino’s U.S. locations.

Still, the bonuses make Domino’s the latest company to invest in its workforce during a coronavirus that has made hourly workers essential employees, putting them on the front lines during a global pandemic.

Bonuses to frontline workers, special pay increases and, increasingly, higher permanent wages have become commonplace. Last week, for instance, Starbucks said it plans to make sure all of its workers are paid at least $15 an hour within three years, making the chain by far the largest restaurant company to promise to take that step.

https://www.cnbc.com/select/second-stimulus-check-600-direct-payments-approved/

Congress reached a deal on $600 stimulus checks—here’s who qualifies and what you should do with the money.

...ideally putting it into a high-yield savings account. The Ally Online Savings Account ranks high on CNBC Select’s list of best picks for savings accounts. The high-yield account earns more interest than traditional savings and comes with no minimum balance requirements or monthly maintenance fees.

However, if you have high-interest credit card debt, it may also be wise to put at least a portion of the stimulus check toward lowering your balance. Americans carry an average balance of $6,194 on their credit cards, which means interest could be adding up and outweighing any potential savings you’ve been stashing away, no matter how well you pinch your pennies.

image.jpeg

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/new-round-stimulus-checks-coming-here-s-what-you-need-n1251929

When will I get my money?

In all likelihood, even faster than you did earlier this year. With the stimulus package expected to be signed by President Donald Trump this week, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin told CNBC on Monday that HE EXPECTS SSSOOOMMMEEE payments to go out "by the beginning of next week." (The SOME here wont get checks until between 12-27 and later.)

"And, again, let me emphasize, people will see this money the beginning of next week," (12-28-10) he said. "So, it's very fast."

That would be faster than last time around, when payments took a couple of weeks for most (and longer for others). What's behind the improved speed? This is largely due to the government being more prepared now after having collected information on certain individuals — including those who may not have filed recent tax returns — during the previous round.

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

https://www.restaurantbusinessonline.com/workforce/dominos-paying-hourly-workers-1200-bonuses#:~:text=Domino's Pizza is giving hourly,be given to 11%2C500 workers.

Domino’s Pizza is giving hourly employees at its company operated restaurants and its supply chain centers one-time bonuses of up to $1,200 this month.

The Ann Arbor, Mich.-based pizza chain said on Monday it would spend more than $9.6 million on the bonuses, which will be given to 11,500 workers. The bonuses do not cover employees of franchisee-owned restaurants. Franchisees operate all but 342 of Domino’s U.S. locations.

Still, the bonuses make Domino’s the latest company to invest in its workforce during a coronavirus that has made hourly workers essential employees, putting them on the front lines during a global pandemic.

Bonuses to frontline workers, special pay increases and, increasingly, higher permanent wages have become commonplace. Last week, for instance, Starbucks said it plans to make sure all of its workers are paid at least $15 an hour within three years, making the chain by far the largest restaurant company to promise to take that step.

Hell, Pizza places were some of the biggest winners of the pandemic.

On 12/22/2020 at 1:28 PM, aubiefifty said:

That is exactly what they are doing fiddy...

Archived