Trump’s Twitter Account Locked

tomcat

33 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Again, I understand and never argued otherwise. 

These tech companies freely and lawfully colluded. Do you not see the potential for abuse of this power?

It's not an abuse of power.  No different than a restaurant reserving the right to refuse service.  99.9% of the time, it's something that never comes into play.

Tech companies tonight are doing two things:

1) reacting to pressure from users/advertisers

2) pre-emptively protecting themselves from future regulation with a Democratically controller Congress coming in

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Kinda like Antifa and the riots and looting surrounding the BLM protests? Planned and coordinated...

Social media can be destructive to society. Maybe we agree?

Naw....this was too well planned and coordinated. Not minimizing the scuzziness of Antifa....they are just not well organized.

BLM never approached this level of egregiousness. ....Law enforcement was exponentially higher against BLM than an attempted coup. Why?

14 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Kinda like Antifa and the riots and looting surrounding the BLM protests? Planned and coordinated...

Social media can be destructive to society. Maybe we agree?

ANTIFA at large was actually quite good about keeping things within the rules with their social media presence. 

The one big ANTIFA account that got a ban for calling for violence was run by, get this, alt-right imposters. 

6 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

It's not an abuse of power. 

LOL, ok. Monopolies are just fine.

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

ANTIFA at large was actually quite good about keeping things within the rules with their social media presence. 

They kept within the "Terms of Service" of political leaning organizations to promote and organize their terrorism. Great, that makes it ok.

Just now, ValleyTiger said:

They kept within the "Terms of Service" of political leaning organizations to promote and organize their terrorism. Great, that makes it ok.

Rules are rules. 

And there's a big difference between a bunch of ANTIFA Twitter randos and the freaking POTUS, who with one tweet could spark literal revolt right now. At least with press releases and press conferences he'll have a filter rather than his usual stream of consciousness pablum.

I'd actually be surprised if he's in charge right now, to be honest. 

Rules are rules. 

And there's a big difference between a bunch of ANTIFA Twitter randos and the freaking POTUS, who with one tweet could spark literal revolt right now. At least with press releases and press conferences he'll have a filter rather than his usual stream of consciousness pablum.

I'd actually be surprised if he's in charge right now, to be honest. 

"Rules are rules" -yay follow one set of rules then go out and be lawless in the real world

Yeah, bc civil unrest has been off the chain for, what, a decade now but it's only Trump that can rile up a mob via social platforms. :rolleyes:

The conversation HAS to always pivot back to Trump with y'all. 

14 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

"Rules are rules" -yay follow one set of rules then go out and be lawless in the real world

Follow the rules on a platform and there's not much the platform can do outside of monitoring you every minute of the day you're not in there. Twitter can't really do that. 

Yeah, bc civil unrest has been off the chain for, what, a decade now but it's only Trump that can rile up a mob via social platforms. :rolleyes:

The conversation HAS to always pivot back to Trump with y'all. 

I mean the capitol was just stormed by a bunch of ****tards with guns, tasers, molotovs, pipe bombs, zip tie handcuffs and list of names easily revealed by s*** on Parler that were marked for death. Pence was on the list, as was Pelosi.

Twitter doesn't want to be host the call for revolt from the mad king in one of his nutty stream of consciousness rants or a random retweet. And who can blame them? 

Follow the rules on a platform and there's not much the platform can do outside of monitoring you every minute of the day you're not in there. Twitter can't really do that.

Agreed. It used to be that to plan and organize nefarious acts you needed to do it via back channels, dark web, using code, meetings, or whatnot. Now it plays out for everyone to see, as long as they follow "the rules." Doesn't make much sense to me why they get arrested and out on the streets, either. It's all phucked up.

As for the capitol, why was that breach so easy? Doesn’t make sense. What happened there was ridiculous.

16 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Twitter doesn't want to be host the call for revolt from the mad king in one of his nutty stream of consciousness rants or a random retweet. And who can blame them? 

Do they continue to play a possible host to other “ mad kings “? 

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Do they continue to play a possible host to other “ mad kings “? 

Few have the unique mix of position of authority, cult of personality and irresponsible rhetoric Trump does.

He's basically Caligula right now. Madness reigns in the hall of the mountain king.

On 1/7/2021 at 12:22 AM, autigeremt said:

Ole Orange giving em hell on the way out. So predictable. 

Yes!  All of this was totally predictable.

In fact, I told you so 4 years ago.

39 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Yes!  All of this was totally predictable.

In fact, I told you so 4 years ago.

You weren’t telling me anything! 

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

You're killing me!   :laugh: :lmao:  :bow:

The beauty of it is that when all is said and done it will have more likes than any tweet Trump has ever sent. 

Good to find some humor in these dark times. 

For those of you who do not get this joke, do not search for BBC on grindr. You will instantly regret disregarding this advice.

(grindr is a gay hook-up app)

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

For those of you who do not get this joke, do not search for BBC on grindr. You will instantly regret disregarding this advice.

(grindr is a gay hook-up app)

You missed some comedy gold with that advice.

1 minute ago, Strychnine said:

You missed some comedy gold with that advice.

Stry I have to protect the delicate sensibilities of the innocent here. 

Just now, AUDub said:

Stry I have to protect the delicate sensibilities of the innocent here. 

I get it, and you know I respect you, but I was really looking forward to some BBC search results posts.

1 minute ago, Strychnine said:

I get it, and you know I respect you, but I was really looking forward to some BBC search results posts.

I suspect poor @homersapienwould really be caught off guard because he'd think we're referring to the British Broadcasting Corporation

(I kid, Homer)

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

I suspect poor @homersapienwould really be caught off guard because he'd think we're referring to the British Broadcasting Corporation

(I kid, Homer)

He'd probably be the only one that actually reached the intended destination.

2 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

He'd probably be the only one that actually reached the intended destination.

He'd have to figure out how the app store works first. 

(Again, I kid)

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Actually, I did:dunno:

See, stry. Gotta protect the innocent. 

Just now, AUDub said:

See, stry. Gotta protect the innocent. 

Oh I'm innocent OK.  (Thanks for not calling me "clueless". ;))

Meanwhile, you kids get off my lawn!   >:(

Archived