2021 3* OT Colby Smith Signs With AU!

AuburnTiger4Life

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

Your commitment to putting lipstick on the pig that was our OT recruiting the last 5 years is very admirable.

Is it?

It doesn't make a lot of sense but you are sticking with it and not giving up so there is something to be said displaying that level of stick-to-it-ness :Sing:

There is a lot to say about that. 😁

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Relying on projects and transfers is a bad thing.  Long term players,  is how you build consistency along the line so that you don't have sudden drop-offs.  

11 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

One might call it...a bad thing 

This is another reason, I believe, we struggle recruiting top flight SEC tailbacks.   And how Gus used them, but if you have  project players at premium positions, why would a top RB (5*) take a chance with your only shot at going to a championship or playing on Sunday? 

it's  a really bad cascading effect that has impacted Auburn  A LOT

Edited by Beaker

Your commitment to putting lipstick on the pig that was our OT recruiting the last 5 years is very admirable. It doesn't make a lot of sense but you are sticking with it and not giving up so there is something to be said displaying that level of stick-to-it-ness :Sing:

We "filled the slots" and managed to "fill the positions" man.  Regardless if the former staff had to pull from the defense or Juco/transer ranks for years resulting in nowhere near the talent level of our rivals at that particular position....Regardless of the fact that their offensive game plan and scheme relied on strong/smart/talented oline's to even be able to move the ball, we filled the slots. 

☺️

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 3* OT Colby Smith Signs With AU!
On 2/2/2021 at 12:28 AM, Mikey said:

It's not, really. We have picked up highly rated JUCO guys and some solid transfers to fill the slots. Also, some defensive players have been shifted to OT with good results. While not signing enough high school OT's isn't a great thing we have managed to fill the position. Two recent AU O-tackles are now in the NFL, Prince Wanogho and Jack Drscoll.

On 2/2/2021 at 9:45 AM, gravejd said:

Your commitment to putting lipstick on the pig that was our OT recruiting the last 5 years is very admirable. It doesn't make a lot of sense but you are sticking with it and not giving up so there is something to be said displaying that level of stick-to-it-ness :Sing:

But it is ad nauseam. And he has convinced no one.

On 2/2/2021 at 11:36 AM, Beaker said:

why would a top RB (5*) take a chance with your only shot at going to a championship or playing on Sunday? 

Ask Tank why he signed with Auburn. He could answer your question.

• Dislike 1

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

Ask Tank why he signed with Auburn. He could answer your question.

1. If you know what he has said, post it.   Otherwise, why troll me?  

2.  Tank was a 4* and not a 5*  (as my point stated).

3. I would guess he valued a thin depth chart and playing time were his biggest factor in his decision making process.  

And lastly TBH, I expected him to flip. 

- that is all I have to say on this.

I loved Harsin's quote about Colby, "this is a very large human being."

3 minutes ago, Beaker said:

1. If you know what he has said, post it.   Otherwise, why troll me?  

You asked the question, I said ask Tank. How is that trolling?

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

You asked the question, I said ask Tank. How is that trolling?

Ok, maybe I am edgy.   Sorry.    I thought you were pushing.

It's all good.   "These aren't the droids you are looking for.  You can pass now." 

#itsallgood

• Like 1