2021 3* OT Colby Smith Signs With AU!

AuburnTiger4Life

I hope he does well at the University of Auburn.  I also wish someone would help them with their announcements.

image.jpeg

Edited by weagl1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I hope he does well at the University of Auburn.  I also wish someone would help them with their announcements.

image.jpeg

Said it many times before. It's not a big deal they get it wrong as recruits. What's important is they know the right way when they leave AU.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/26/2021 at 6:27 PM, Tigerpro2a said:

This is what we need. Flood the roster with 3-4 of these every class. Add in a Blue Chip here and there and we will not have the problems we have had the last 8 years.

Star gazing to the exclusion of other major factors limited us with all those Malzahn top 10 recruiting classes, where stars were not the recruiting issue. Recruiting success at some positions (e.g. RB) with almost zero success at others (e.g. OT) was a killer.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tigger1985 said:

It’s been so long I thought we had eliminated that position in our line.

First true OT signed since 2017. That one was hurt and can't stay healthy. Unreal how big of a fraud / crook Gus is. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Said it many times before. It's not a big deal they get it wrong as recruits. What's important is they know the right way when they leave AU.

I wouldn't even know that any of these players got it wrong if we didn't hear the same joke 15 times every time one of them did it. 

It's like responding to a paper cut by self-inflicting more paper cuts. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

What if they're trying to find the campus for the first time and they look up The University of Auburn on their GPS and get lost?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Since BOOM is no longer a thing... BAM!

Welcome to the Family Colby!

I also like BANG!!

• Like 1

I’m bringing in “kablooey”!!!!!!

• Like 1

The new recruiters have done a really good job under very difficult circumstance we have a quality Mid-Tier HS OT with the measurables to develop into a solid OT in the SEC with the right coaching we have made strides with the Juco OT Moko  (we still have an outside chance) who if they can pull off would be a great pickup.

Now if they can pull in the right GT or GT's they will have rescued this O-Line class. I have high hoped for Colby Smith he is the type of player we should have been getting all along and developing while still trying to get the elite 5* OT that is so hard to come by. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You've been bringing kablooey for years. ;D

Daaang e! You’re are full of surpr.. something. 😝 

• Haha 1

for what it's worth, I predicted he would be the first commit to Harsin.

The transfer is a technicality - I am still right on this because it was inferred who would be the first 'high school' commit.

If someone wants to argue, it really was who would be the first HS commit from North Carolina...

Great pick up!  Super stoked Stacy Searels  didn't snag him when he decommitted.   

12 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Ummm you literally said “how are the two comparable” and went on to say how clean Gus was. It wasn’t meant literal, it was meant as a joke to say “that type of coaching failure is as bad as cheating” and you decided to take it literal. Again, it evidently dug deep enough for you to make that type of response. I’m not making  a mountain out of a mole hill. That’s your doing

Yeah, okay bud. If I would have known it was supposed to be a joke I would have just laughed at it. You really overreacted to my response. All you had to do was say it was a joke and that would have been the end if the story. Its water under the bridge and my apologies for mistaking your joke as a statement..

Edited by tbone4jc

1 hour ago, tbone4jc said:

Yeah, okay bud. If I would have known it was supposed to be a joke I would have just laughed at it. You really overreacted to my response. All you had to do was say it was a joke and that would have been the end if the story. Its water under the bridge and my apologies for mistaking your joke as a statement..

I did say it was a joke. I think pretty much 99% of this board saw it as joke without me even having to say anything.

edit: but yes, I’m going to call people Gus defenders that were always defending Gus when things were bad and then respond to a post like that the way you did.

Edited by Maverick.AU

2 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

You are the one who took it way more serious initially . It should’ve been blatantly obvious tbh. With that being said the ball is rolling now. Is this what it feels like to have a leader with a plan ?

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

This has been the number one problem with Gus. As a Gus supporter I acknowledged that. But I didn’t realize we haven’t signed a hs tackle for 3 years!  I don’t understand how it gets that bad. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

You are the one who took it way more serious initially . It should’ve been blatantly obvious tbh. With that being said the ball is rolling now. Is this what it feels like to have a leader with a plan 

Why rehash this? 

Why is it so difficult that someone may have taken that for a statement when it was written the form of a statement? Is it that serious?