Loony lies and conspiracy theories a cancer for the Republican Party

AURex

I am no fan of Mitch McConnell. In my opinion, he is one of the prime architects of the destruction of American freedom and democracy. (Hey, my opinion.)

But even he is fed up with the idiotic Qanon/AltRight craziness.

"Loony lies and conspiracy theories are cancer for the Republican Party and our country," McConnell said in a statement. "Somebody who's suggested that perhaps no airplane hit the Pentagon on 9/11, that horrifying school shootings were pre-staged, and that the Clintons crashed JFK Jr.'s airplane is not living in reality. This has nothing to do with the challenges facing American families or the robust debates on substance that can strengthen our party."

He did not specifically name Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert and Jeff Hawley (among the crazoids inhabiting Congressional airspace}, but it is obvious he is concerned about the future of conservative politics.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/cancer-republican-party-mcconnell-condemns-loony-lies-swipe-marjorie-taylor-n1256429

Of course, we should have seen this coming. After the Tea Party, where is there to go further to the right than fascist anti-democracy fueled by insane conspiracy theories?

And McConnell, along with Ted Cruz, Lindsay Graham, and all the other Trump apologists brought us here.

McConnell cannot complain about the children he has fostered in the Republican Party.

Archived