Baseball vs Ole Miss (series)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Moore advances on a wild pitch but Williams strikes out AGAIN. Not sure what is going on with him this year but he's the worst batter in terms of average that we have this year.

He does well against mid-major pitchers......but when SEC play starts he just cannot catch up to anything. He has some really obvious tendencies and opposing teams figured out how to pitch to him after his freshman year. He can't seem to adjust. I was hoping it was just that he had a growth spurt and hadn't gotten used to himself yet but that does not seem to be the problem. Poor kid....he looks so frustrated.

5 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

He does well against mid-major pitchers......but when SEC play starts he just cannot catch up to anything. He has some really obvious tendencies and opposing teams figured out how to pitch to him after his freshman year. He can't seem to adjust. I was hoping it was just that he had a growth spurt and hadn't gotten used to himself yet but that does not seem to be the problem. Poor kid....he looks so frustrated.

Maybe it's just been so long since I've seen him in SEC play but I don't remember his struggles being this rough. 6 strikeouts in 7 at-bats is ROUGH.

OM gets runners to 1st and 3rd but the combination of Fuller and Swilling gets us out of the inning again. We're living on the edge and pitching is keeping us in the game but the bats have to wake up.

Edit: Bliss, Ward, and Woley up to bat for Auburn. If we're gonna cut into that lead, now is the time.

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Maybe it's just been so long since I've seen him in SEC play but I don't remember his struggles being this rough. 6 strikeouts in 7 at-bats is ROUGH.

He's struggled since his sophomore year. He does break out once in a while but he hasn't repeated the magic of his freshman year in SEC play. Of course the COVID year probably didn't help him either.

Om gets another runner in scoring position but no runs. Still 6-5 going to the 8th.

Shenker strikes out looking, Dyal pinch hitting and flies out, Hall strikes out. :(

Hold them in the next half inning and we'll have Bliss, Ward, and Woley back up.

Leadoff single for OM, Burkhalter in for Swilling.

Gets the first out via flyout. Wild pitch and OM has another runner in scoring position. Elko flies out for out 2. Intentional walk to get the force. A walk to load the bases. My goodness the amount of baserunners OM has had this game is ridiculous.

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

Leadoff single for OM, Burkhalter in for Swilling.

Gets the first out via flyout. Wild pitch and OM has another runner in scoring position. Elko flies out for out 2. Intentional walk to get the force. A walk to load the bases. My goodness the amount of baserunners OM has had this game is ridiculous.

Auburn is lucky that OM has only scored 6 so far. 

Burkhalter is struggling.....yikes.

Burkhalter and AU pitchers get out of another bases loaded jam! Great clutch pitching to keep OM scoreless for the last 4 innings. Lets go, Bliss get another homer, please!

Archived