2021 FB Schedule Ranked as 2nd Toughest

Proud Tiger

At least someone had the smarts to front load all of our OOC games in 2021 which is particularly important this year. With 3 of the 4 being tune up type games, it gives this new staff a chance to iron out the kinks before conference play begins. 

They’ll have 8-9 wins if running game stays healthy. Will probably beat Alabama. No quantitative reasoning. I think they’ll have a new attitude that all result in W’s. 

2 minutes ago, woodford said:

They’ll have 8-9 wins if running game stays healthy. Will probably beat Alabama. No quantitative reasoning. I think they’ll have a new attitude that all result in W’s. 

Sure hope you are right. You now need to run out and buy a lottery ticket😀

Because we play in SEC West and Georgia is always one of our SEC East teams we will always have one of the toughest schedules every year. No need worrying about what we can't change. There are some good things about this years schedule. One we start out with what we hope are two easy games Akron and Alabama State which will give this team time to get used to both a new Offensive and new Defensive scheme. Then we go to Penn State which is a tough environment last year they were expected to be good but were bad nobody knows what type of team they will have. Ideally a good but not great team that we beat to help with confidence then Georgia State again hopefully a tuneup.  

Now it gets tough LSU there and they will be angry so we could run into a buzz saw, like us though a lot of new pieces so we don't know if their D will be like last year or normal LSU.  Next Georgia at Home.  I am a great believer in confidence when a team believes in itself and thinks it can win it goes a long way to winning. If we can win 1st 4 games then split LSU/Ga game or win them both we could have a great season. If we win 2 out of three or all 3 Penn State/LSU/Ga we will have a good season to great season if we lose 2 out of 3 or all three we are in for a long bad season. 

The beginning schedule gives us a chance to start strong work out the kinks and build confidence by Penn State we should have established who we are on both O & D. I think these coaches unlike Gus will be able to come up with a game plan that magnifies our strength's and minimizes our weaknesses. I think D will be out Strength and if we use our TE's we can attack both on the ground and short to mid-range passes where we grind it out.

Archived