Tony Fair commits to Auburn

CMRVHS

1 hour ago, CMRVHS said:

Huge^^^^^^^

With the departures on the interior DL and Wright getting injured.....this may be the biggest, most important pickup of the Harsin era. 

29 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Likely immediate starter at NT. Huge pickup

Immediate starter? Really?

21 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I think he starts day 1. I think Burks will be 1B or he could play the other DT spot. Fair, Burks and Wooden starting 3 doesn't sound bad with Hall and Leota at OLB. Calling it now those are the starters come game 1.

28 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Yes. Disagree?

No I don't know that much about him and you are someone who's opinion I'd value and listen to so I was really surprised to hear that.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I honestly don't think we have a good interior player on our DL right now.

Just now, W.E.D said:

I honestly don't think we have a good interior player on our DL right now.

Well I know Hunter is a freshman but I heard he was killing it but I actually sort of look at him as maybe a d and in a 3-4. And I know they said my man that for hurt was killing it before he was hurt. 

I just feel like at nose we just need a guy that can hold the point of attack. I don't have any more of a hope than that with having McClain and pappoe right now. But now that you say it I guess we don't have anybody. Man I hope a no name guy jump in and surprise everybody

I don't want to turn this into a hate Gus thing but damn we didn't have o line or d line? The only thing that makes the sec special is the difference of line play, if you didn't have anything else you'd have that stacked it seems.. ...but oh well I guess

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I wonder what alignment we'll spend most of our time in

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No I don't know that much about him and you are someone who's opinion I'd value and listen to so I was really surprised to hear that.

Thanks man. So yeah he is a 5th year senior and those guys don't typically sign on unless they have a good chance at starting immediately. Combo that with the fact we don't really have any NT experience on the team and i think there is a very good chance he comes in and starts or becomes a 1a and 1b type lineup with Truesdell. 

During aday we ran a true 3-4 look from what i saw.....i did not watch the whole game though. But i think its going to be a big change on defensive this coming year. 

9 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Thanks man. So yeah he is a 5th year senior and those guys don't typically sign on unless they have a good chance at starting immediately. Combo that with the fact we don't really have any NT experience on the team and i think there is a very good chance he comes in and starts or becomes a 1a and 1b type lineup with Truesdell. 

During aday we ran a true 3-4 look from what i saw.....i did not watch the whole game though. But i think its going to be a big change on defensive this coming year. 

I am hoping that we do in fact see significant and positive changes on both sides of the ball this year!

15 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Good way to look at it, yeah a senior is going to where somebody at the bare minimum told him he'll be playing alot and probably starting and that's the minimum. He'll be working his butt off to get to the league I'd imagine.

43 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Good way to look at it, yeah a senior is going to where somebody at the bare minimum told him he'll be playing alot and probably starting and that's the minimum. He'll be working his butt off to get to the league I'd imagine.

He does seem laser focused on making that happen and CBH hired a guy that can do it I think.

Archived