Exactly what does Live8 expect to accomplish?

AURaptor

The "underlying issue" is you have had a problem with me since our "discussion" a few days ago.  I can't help you with that. That is for you to either work out or let go.

No, the underlying issue goes back much further and it's your constant need to chime in whether you have something pertinent to add or not. And I don't have to "let it go". I'm telling you to knock it off. Try to read the general tone of a thread and if it's of more deep and serious nature, either contribute something of value that you can expound on or back up, or go find a Woodshed thread to release your inner Timmy on.

I am here for one reason...This is supposed to be fun. When it is no longer fun, somone has taken MY words WAY too serious or given MY opinion far more weight than it deserves.

No, that is a cop out. It's not other people's fault that they are trying to have a discussion about an important topic and you barge in with some cutesy one-liner that half the time barely pertains to the subject and most of the time isn't half as funny as you think it is. Your opinions aren't the problem, Tim. If contrary opinions were the issue, there are people here that I end up disagreeing with far more often than you.

I state things here in a short and to the point fashion for a reason. I do not have the time to donate to a reply that really doesn't matter for much anyway.(That too is MY opinion.) Again, I will not respond to any of your posts and if you will do the same maybe we can let this "thing" disappear. I certainly hope so because it is not worthy of my time or yours.

Short and to the point can be good, when well thought out. But if you're going to barge into a thread with one of your brilliant insights, you might get challenged on it. And when you do, if you're not willing to back it up with something of a more substantive nature, then don't bother with the original quip. It's pointless and only distracts from the discussion being had by people who are actually trying to have a fuller conversation.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The "underlying issue" is you have had a problem with me since our "discussion" a few days ago.   I can't help you with that. That is for you to either work out or let go.

No, the underlying issue goes back much further and it's your constant need to chime in whether you have something pertinent to add or not. And I don't have to "let it go". I'm telling you to knock it off. Try to read the general tone of a thread and if it's of more deep and serious nature, either contribute something of value that you can expound on or back up, or go find a Woodshed thread to release your inner Timmy on.

I am here for one reason...This is supposed to be fun. When it is no longer fun, somone has taken MY words WAY too serious or given MY opinion far more weight than it deserves.

No, that is a cop out. It's not other people's fault that they are trying to have a discussion about an important topic and you barge in with some cutesy one-liner that half the time barely pertains to the subject and most of the time isn't half as funny as you think it is. Your opinions aren't the problem, Tim. If contrary opinions were the issue, there are people here that I end up disagreeing with far more often than you.

I state things here in a short and to the point fashion for a reason. I do not have the time to donate to a reply that really doesn't matter for much anyway.(That too is MY opinion.) Again, I will not respond to any of your posts and if you will do the same maybe we can let this "thing" disappear. I certainly hope so because it is not worthy of my time or yours.

Short and to the point can be good, when well thought out. But if you're going to barge into a thread with one of your brilliant insights, you might get challenged on it. And when you do, if you're not willing to back it up with something of a more substantive nature, then don't bother with the original quip. It's pointless and only distracts from the discussion being had by people who are actually trying to have a fuller conversation.

168779[/snapback]

As I said, If you do not like my posts or the "style" with which I post, don't respond. I will return the favor. I consider this over and done with and AMEN.

This will be the final post on this subject. I'm not goading you or trying to get the last word. I'm just going to tell you how it's going to be. It's not up to me or anyone else to have to ignore you. You're on notice. If you continue to interject with vapid one-liners into more serious discussions, you'll be called on it, either by me or others who have sent me private messages saying they feel the same way. If the remark is not even remotely on topic, it'll be deleted so the thread doesn't get derailed. I largely ignore your antics in the other forums but that sort of leeway has ended in this one.

Archived