Penn State fans are confident

Zeek

1 minute ago, The Freak said:

Aviation roast, nice!

One of my favorites is Auburn aviation grads fly into the wind and break ground.

Embry Riddle grads break wind and fly into the ground.

12 hours ago, jAUSon said:

Everybody's got a loud stadium. The two places that pride themselves the most on all that stadium nonsense Penn State and ATM get their ass beat at home as much as or more than the next guy. 

Having been there four times (3 AU games + 1 Bama game), I will tell you with full confidence that ATM is not loud by SEC standards.

What PSU fans are failing to realize is that.... 

altho they may be loud,  and possibly a tiny bit louder than UF LSU UGA, bama,  when visiting those teams there is real and palpable, multigenerational hatred being spewed out of every orifice in their bodies towards Auburn..     

Loud is loud.   After a certain point it makes no difference at all  if it is louder.    LSU gets pretty loud,  but their fans make you worry about your safety.    

Loud is fun,  I just hope they are not as low class as LSU ,Uga, Arkansas

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, PSUPat said:

By and large, no, not low class.  There's always the danger of the random drunk college student, but you get that anywhere, I think.  

Having been to LSU, Georgia, Florida, Rose Bowl, most B1G venues.  What sets PSU crowds apart IMO is unity.  They're trying to affect the game and believe that they can.  The difference in noise depending who's on offense.  The pompoms in near unison.  etc.  What we do isn't all that clever or original.  I mean, nobody's getting any awards for dreaming up converting the "hey" song to P-S-U.  But it's done by all 110k, in kind of amazing unison, with a visual "pulsing stadium" affect.  

I'm a big fan of all the pageantry of college football, and rightfully proud of our place in it.  Btw, I think the War Eagle flight is one of the coolest things going, and want to come see it in person.  Maybe next year.  For those who want to see a typical pregame at PSU....

Hell yeah man, that's the spirit of college football right there! 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 11:55 AM, Brad_ATX said:

Having been there four times (3 AU games + 1 Bama game), I will tell you with full confidence that ATM is not loud by SEC standards.

I've been to ATM as well and agree. You also don't get the level of fierce obnoxiousness like pee bombs and cursing that you'd get from, say, LSU or UF.  EDIT - Quietman nailed it - multi-generational hate. 

Edited by TigerHorn
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

I've been to ATM as well and agree. You also don't get the level of fierce obnoxiousness like pee bombs and cursing that you'd get from, say, LSU or UF.  

ditto - I saw Auburn win at TAMU and they were great, really were.   The before game traditions with the ROTC Corps marching through campus with the mounted cadets and watching parties.   It's a good venue and trip if you can make it.  

Auburn and TAMU are quite similar.

Not sure why I would go to Baton Rouge...

• Like 1

I always liked Penn St. They seem like a pretty classy fan base and are superior to the rest of the Big 10 fans, IMO. But that message board discussion is delusional. Iron Bowl 2017 was nuts. I was in Jordan Hare. Ears were ringing the rest of the night. And all this talk about them having superior talent is crazy talk. People forget Gus Malzahn was very successful recruiting while he was here and left a crap ton of talent. I’d take Bo Nix over their QB every day too. Bo is one of the most athletic QB’s in the SEC and he has a competitive spirit that is hard to beat. I can’t freaking wait for this game. 

P.S. This may very well be one of the most stunning games we will ever watch, visually. These two teams always have the sharpest uni’s and against that all white back drop of happy valley. 

image.gif.0615626f0f824104dea8cf39ddc87d2f.gif

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Beaker said:

ditto - I saw Auburn win at TAMU and they were great, really were.   The before game traditions with the ROTC Corps marching through campus with the mounted cadets and watching parties.   It's a good venue and trip if you can make it.  

Because its friggin awesome if you do it right.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Beaker said:

Went to the Cotton Bowl against them and it was cool, but we lost and then it sucked!

• Haha 1

I think this game is going to be so much fun to watch. I remember Auburn games in Jordan Hare that were LOUD! I recall stomping on those metal bleachers and losing my voice in many a game. Heck, last game, our stadium was so loud that Bo had to try to get fans quiet and had to call a time out! Yeah, maybe our student section was confused about when they should be yelling. 😂😜

Anyway, I get their point that it is loud and that can rattle some opponents. We've done it to other teams I am hoping we are able to take the fans out of the game early.  I think both teams are pretty equally matched. The only difference is that they know who their coaches are and how their team will respond and that is somewhat of an unknown to us. I have a feeling we will be very happy with how our coaches and players respond during this game.

• Like 2

They’ve had 16 White out games at PSU. If their record in those games was 14-2 it would be one thing. But they are 8-8. And some of the ranked teams they best finished unranked. I harken back to UGAs infamous Blackout game vs Bama. While UGA was all focused on the Blackout, Bama was busy knocking them in the mouth early, then stealing their manhood late. Harsin will have us ready to Blackout the Whiteout. AU 27-17.

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

They’ve had 16 White out games at PSU. If their record in those games was 14-2 it would be one thing. But they are 8-8. And some of the ranked teams they best finished unranked.

Yeah, but its not like we do white outs against Ball St.   This would be like saying Auburn is "only" 8-8 against Alabama and whoever the best home opponent is in years where you play Alabama on the road.  Our record in away games against the same programs is considerably worse.   

Yeah, home field is an advantage at big programs in cfb.   Thats a surprise to nobody.  On a white out night its one of the biggest home field advantages that exist in cfb.  As recognized by media, coaches (like Urban Meyer, who says its the #1 home field advantage in cfb and worth about 10 points), and Vegas.  And having been to big SEC venues I'll say PSU, on select nights, is indeed crazier.  

We still recognize a football game has to be played on the field and Auburn is a worthy opponent.   If you spotted us 10 on a neutral field I wouldn't be comfortable.  I don't know anyone saying its an automatic W.  But, much rather have ya coming into this environment than us coming there.    You'd be favored if this were to be played at Auburn.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, PSUPat said:

Yeah, but its not like we do white outs against Ball St.   This would be like saying Auburn is "only" 8-8 against Alabama

we're 10-5   At home against Bama  since 89' 

i guess we have our own Home field advantage. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Just now, auskip07 said:

we're 10-5   At home against Bama  since 89' 

i guess we have our own Home field advantage. 

I'm sure you do.  And I look forward to seeing it.   That's what makes this sport great.  

• Like 7

All the talk of the White-out.  No doubt it’s going to be very loud. The PSU fans are excited, because it’s their thing, and their school, think that somehow it’s the loudest, craziest….we all feel that way about OUR school or team. But it’s not like their fans have stronger vocal cords or vocal stamina than other humans.  The loudest I’ve heard is a tie between Jordan Hare Iron Bowl and matchup of two unbeatens when we played at the Swamp. Possible edge to the Swamp (Lord was it loud) but probably no louder than the home Iron Bowl. It’s basically just going to be that top-level loud.  Gonna make for a great game but physics and physiology says that it won’t be any louder or more intimidating than any other Big School/Rivalry/Rowdy Fan Base game.  I like the fact that they their coach is currently rumored to be looking closely at the USC job.  Even if it’s just a rumor. And they may be way over-confident. If PSU is every bit as good as advertised, and it’s loud and we play sloppy we could lose by 14. If they are over-hyped and slower than they think they are (which I’m leaning towards) and we play strong fundamentals, with a timely turnover or two, we could win by 14.  Reality, probably somewhere in between.  I’m stoked!  May the best team prevail!  I’ve got a gut feeling our D is the real deal and the first half is a slugfest draw.  Then in the third and fourth quarter, our conditioning and Tank/Jarquez/Sean J will run it (maybe not down their throats but run it nonetheless) and we win by 7.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

I've been to ATM as well and agree. You also don't get the level of fierce obnoxiousness like pee bombs and cursing that you'd get from, say, LSU or UF.  EDIT - Quietman nailed it - multi-generational hate. 

It's a southern thang.  And all too true.

But at least it gives Auburn the opportunity to differentiate ourselves - which as far as a know - has been pretty much the case. 

Edited by homersapien

1 hour ago, PSUPat said:

As recognized by media, coaches (like Urban Meyer, who says its the #1 home field advantage in cfb and worth about 10 points), and Vegas. 

Cool for UM to say that. Shows much respect. Saban is 0-2 in his last 2 visits at Jordan-Hare and has said similar things about our stadium during the Iron Bowl. Florida’s Swamp and LSUs Death Valley are other terrific venues. Your ears ring for a week after playing there. The AU fans and players have great respect for PSU and look forward to another big game in a terrific atmosphere. Good luck

• Like 1