Gameplan for Rest of Season

AUght2win

1 hour ago, DAG said:

We made one of their RBs look like Mike Alstott. I couldn't believe it. With that being said, a quality win next week could erase all of this.

A name I haven't heard in years! +10

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I hate to keep bringing this back to Gus but most of our issues stem from years of his recruiting neglect.

OL will take years to fix unless we hit the portal hard this offseason. For all of the madness of the Chizik years he recruited some horses in the trenches. Not a coincidence the OL fell off a cliff once his guys aged out.

WR will not improve until at least next year when we either recruit better guys or the current guys have two full offseasons of coaching. If one of Stove, Schwartz, or Williams came back this year we're probably 4-0 right now. 

QB... who the hell even knows at this point? Bringing in Finley is the single best thing this staff has done in recruiting to date. At the very least it saved us from the worst loss in decades.

Bo looks like he's washed. I think it's a combination of the expectations and two years of rock bottom coaching. I'm not sure he can be saved at this point. You guys are going to laugh but I mean this in all seriousness... the dude needs to get laid. If that's not on the table he needs to sit down with a shrink Ted Lasso style and figure out what's going on between his ears. 

Gus is not responsible for the lethargic start of the game . Wasn’t responsible for the bad plays called in the red zones that resulted in 4 field goals. Not responsible for penalties that negated big gains on special teams. Last week the same thing play calling was bad and flag on special teams negated a good return. Not responsible for the defense being piss poor leaving guys wide open.

Edited by e808

Just now, e808 said:

Gus is not responsible for the lethargic start of the game . Wasn’t responsible for the bad plays called in the red zones that resulted in 4 field goals. Not responsible for penalties that negated big gains on special teams. Last week the same thing play calling was bad and flag on special teams negated a good return.

You know "most" and "all" have different meanings. Of course the gameplan was trash today and the team was unfocused. You can fix that. Getting better, or at least players more suited for our scheme, takes years to fix. You're missing the bigger picture and I'm not talking about the Jaybo-tron. 

9 minutes ago, AUwent said:

And is there any reason for us to be better next year when Zakoby and likely Owen leave?

Transfer portal and recruiting? 🤷

We will have the best RB tandem in the nation coming back. Can't forget that. Easier schedule. And maybe TJ or DD emerge from this season as legitimate QBs.

But yeah, it could be tough for a while.

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Transfer portal and recruiting? 🤷

We will have the best RB tandem in the nation coming back. Can't forget that. Easier schedule. And maybe TJ or DD emerge from this season as legitimate QBs.

But yeah, it could be tough for a while.

Two years is all we should accept for it to be "tough," especially after seeing what Pittman has done.

Edited by AUwent

16 minutes ago, Auburninbham said:

Bo nix lacks a lot of tools.  He's probably about 6'0(6'3 is a joke), he has an average arm at best, and he's not accurate.  I never understood those who say bo has all the physical tools.  On the plus side, he's tough, he's a pretty good runner, and he's a quick-twitch guy(moreso than not).

He's unlikely to be going anywhere....Bo has made what- 27 or so starts so far at Auburn? He won't get the start next week, but barring 

TJ showing me stuff I don't expect him to show I believe he is the favorite to get the starts after this LSU game.  And keep in mind Bo still has 2 years of eligibility *after* this year.  I wouldnt be at all surprised to see Bo make another 30 or so starts at Auburn.  And if he does so he would have every career auburn record and then some.  

But he's also not the 'royal prince' of Auburn football.  That's a ridiculous thing to say.  Most Auburn fans don't love bo.  Most auburn fans understand he is so-so but we don't have a lot behind him.  And it certainly didn't take stones because he criticism had he not pulled him would

have been very high(especially if they lose).  

I'll be rooting for TJ saturday night, but I'll be going to the game the week after that against georgia in athens.....and I fully expect to see Bo starting against Georgia.

I disagree with almost every bit of that. But the Bo starting UGA is nuts. 

TJ literally saved our season with a 98 yard drive today. And you're going to give him his first start on an 8 PM kick in Baton Rogue, but if he doesn't win in what will be an incredibly emotional game, it's back to the bench? 

If you want to lose the locker room, that's a great way to do it.

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Two years is all we should accept for it to be "tough," especially after seeing what Pittman has done.

Pittman has won one consequential game and it was today. Texas doesn't count in my book. Pump the brakes on Arkansas. 

19 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I disagree with almost every bit of that.

Im curious....when it comes to 'tools', what do you envision Bo as scoring very high in?  

The one natural ability Bo was blessed with is he is a quick-twitch guy imo.  Now he's not lamar Jackson with respect to that, but he's more quick-twitch

than most.  But in more traditional metrics like size and arm strength he is pretty average at best.  Heck just look at the way the ball comes out 

of TJ's hand on a 20 yard out....it's a different ball completely with a lot more ooomph.  Now that doesn't make TJ a good qb just because he has a huge frame and can throw it far and hard, but Bo wasn't blessed with such natural gifts.  

1 hour ago, WalkingCarpet said:

You know "most" and "all" have different meanings. Of course the gameplan was trash today and the team was unfocused. You can fix that. Getting better, or at least players more suited for our scheme, takes years to fix. You're missing the bigger picture and I'm not talking about the Jaybo-tron. 

Whats the bigger picture Arkansas was in worse condition than what Gus left Auburn. No excuse to be piss poor against ASU first half and against Ga State for almost the entire game . Now u have the GA State coach talking about the refs saving the game. Auburn has more talent than GA state there is no way they should have been down by double digits to them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CMRVHS said:

In the second half Auburn started playing up on the far wide receivers AND Zakoby was in on defense.

You can say that again

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Win4AU said:

This has all tell tell signs of a classic Auburn season.  Start looking competent.  Close loss on the road against a good team.  Struggle against a team it shouldn’t, do something historical- beat LSU in Red Stick.  Play a top team close.  Get blown out against Arkansas.  Beat the Mississippi schools.  Dominate East opponent.  Win in College Station.  Beat a young Bama Qb at home.  Play a Big 10 team in Florida for New Years.  Point toward next season for redemption 

if anything this seasons is looking like a mix of 2011/2015 early indications "IF" we go to a bowl it'll be in legion field against an AAC team i know yuck but who knows

5 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Bobo needs to be exiled..I'm kidding (mostly). 

The playbook page that has the fade

image.gif.63a4e5caa9bf6abf845e057d861aaad8.gif

image.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I really wonder what would have been Bo's ceiling if he went somewhere that can develop QBs.  What was Patrick Nix thinking allowing his son to play under Malzahn?  Bobo, is shaping up to be a problem.  Look back at his UGA days.  Chubb and Gurley in the backfield and throwing fades on fifth and goal.  Eight years of Gus wasn't going to be undone in a few months.  WTH is going on with coach Mason?  I believe Coach Harsin is the right man for the job but it takes five years to build a program and thats what we  need to give him.

12 hours ago, AU9377 said:

When is the last time we got blown out at Arkansas?

edit to add 2012.  Worst Auburn game I’ve ever been to

Edited by Win4AU

1 hour ago, ToomersStreet said:

I really wonder what would have been Bo's ceiling if he went somewhere that can develop QBs.  What was Patrick Nix thinking allowing his son to play under Malzahn?  Bobo, is shaping up to be a problem.  Look back at his UGA days.  Chubb and Gurley in the backfield and throwing fades on fifth and goal.  Eight years of Gus wasn't going to be undone in a few months.  WTH is going on with coach Mason?  I believe Coach Harsin is the right man for the job but it takes five years to build a program and thats what we  need to give him.

Most coaches will tell you that there is no eight years to be undone.  The program was not in shambles and Bo's performance cannot be laid completely at the feet of Malzahn.  To read this board sometimes, one would think last year was 2012.

20 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Most coaches will tell you that there is no eight years to be undone.  The program was not in shambles and Bo's performance cannot be laid completely at the feet of Malzahn.  To read this board sometimes, one would think last year was 2012.

It was!   Auburn lost to Arkansas, except the refs made a wrong call and gave the game to Auburn.   Kentucky scored before halftime but again the refs said he didn’t.   Auburn interception on next play and game turns.   I would say last year was just like 2012.    Auburn didn’t have a chance in beating Alabama or Georgia that year and from what I witnessed yesterday, they won’t this year either 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aubaseball said:

It was!   Auburn lost to Arkansas, except the refs made a wrong call and gave the game to Auburn.   Kentucky scored before halftime but again the refs said he didn’t.   Auburn interception on next play and game turns.   I would say last year was just like 2012.    Auburn didn’t have a chance in beating Alabama or Georgia that year and from what I witnessed yesterday, they won’t this year either 

If you think last year was just like 2012, I have to assume that you were not around in 2012.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Don't say things like that. 2012 was the worst year in program history. No other season has come close. We didn't win a conference game and lost to Alabama and UGA by like a combined 85-0. 

Imo to answer question, the people that more than likely will play major roles next year need to get a bunch of time this year

• Like 2