Texas A&M vs bama

Randman5000

Guest MustardSeed

Bamas defense is slowly sinking worse every year since Kirby left. 
aTm only put up 10 on Arky and 22 on Miss St. yet they put up over 40 on bama. Their offense is really good but their defense is definitely slip sliding away

Pretty much a perfect day for Aggie fans...beat #1 and Texas loses in excruciating fashion.

Florida showed Alabama was vulnerable, and A&M actually finished it off. Looked like they were done after getting behind 38-31...big ups to them for bouncing back.

Guest MustardSeed
1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

No clue how that kick went in. Unreal. That A&M quarterback was perfect down the stretch.

Are you implying we should give our backup a try?

LOL. J/K. Wrong thread 😂

Just now, gr82b4au said:

The post game show was talking about the lineman. I am going to beat this horse to death. We need a lineman. On both sides.

A. Freaking. Men. You can have weak everything else and if you have elite lines, you're gonna win a lot of games.

6 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

We need a bunch of lineman. On both sides.

Accentuated for accuracy. Trench pony difference today for us vs. Georgia was massive.

Guest MustardSeed

So here is the progression of Alabama’s defensive national ranking in yards per game since Kirby left.  The farther they get away from defensive players coached by Kirby, the worse they get.  

2017 - 1st

2018 - 1st

2019 - 21st

2020 - 33rd

Now if this can just turn out to be the case with offense after Sark left too then bamas dynasty will be dead. 

Guest MustardSeed
6 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Tam recruiting

2021-6th
2020-6th
2019-6th
2018-16th

While valid sure, aTm losses this year

Arky 20-10

Miss St 26-22

Today was a fluke but you’re correct, it was only possible due to talent. Surely wasn’t their amazing coaching as evident by their previous games this year 

5 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

While valid sure, aTm losses this year

Arky 20-10

Miss St 26-22

Today was a fluke but you’re correct, it was only possible due to talent. Surely wasn’t their amazing coaching as evident by their previous games this year 

Bingo. I do not think he is a very good coach, just like I do not think that Kirby is a good coach at all. But to beat the best you need talent. 

Guest MustardSeed
13 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Bingo. I do not think he is a very good coach, just like I do not think that Kirby is a good coach at all. But to beat the best you need talent. 

I believe Kirby is a GREAT defensive coach.  Look at my post above at how Alabama’s D is in steady decline since he left. Now GAs D is the best around. That’s highly unlikely to be a coincidence IMO. 

Is he a great HC?  Yet to be seen but he’s certainly doing better than expected by most. If he can keep a solid OC and keep recruiting off the charts, I believe he can have Nick Saban level success unless someone figures out his D and he doesn’t recover, but no one has in over a decade (of course his earlier Ds at GA weren’t as good but once he got his guys top to bottom we see the results)

Edited by MustardSeed

16 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

So here is the progression of Alabama’s defensive national ranking in yards per game since Kirby left.  The farther they get away from defensive players coached by Kirby, the worse they get.  

2017 - 1st

2018 - 1st

2019 - 21st

2020 - 33rd

Now if this can just turn out to be the case with offense after Sark left too then bamas dynasty will be dead. 

That dynasty was in jeopardy anyway. Now that athletes can make their own money at just about any big university the REC cash payouts won't be as big of a draw as they have been. There's legitimate money to be made and a talented player can go where he feels comfortable and still help his family. The bammer "business decision" is not the only game in town anymore. 

Honestly UGA looks more bammerish than bammer right now which tells you who was really responsible for a lot of that success. 

• Like 4

Guest MustardSeed
2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

That dynasty was in jeopardy anyway.

Perhaps. Although I trust the REC still has ways to make it worthwhile. They always have so we shall see

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Honestly UGA looks more bammerish than bammer right now which tells you who was really responsible for a lot of that success.

I agree here, at least on the defensive front. See my posts above on the subject :thumbsup:

Just now, MustardSeed said:

Perhaps. Although I trust the REC still has ways to make it worthwhile. They always have so we shall see

I agree here, at least on the defensive front. See my posts above on the subject :thumbsup:

I honestly don't know exactly what the REC can offer now....and I have thought about it. They offered cash,cars, jobs and houses for a pound of flesh. These kids today are pretty savvy and they will have more control over their college career now. I'm sure the REC will line up huge money making deals for players....but other schools can do the same thing. And the nickatator is about to be 70 years old. I think a change is coming....but it looks like it might be UGA for a minute. That's almost as sickening.

Nice to see the gumps go down but at the same time I hate it was Jimbo that did it.

Edited by WFE12
  • Like 2

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

I honestly don't know exactly what the REC can offer now....and I have thought about it. They offered cash,cars, jobs and houses for a pound of flesh. These kids today are pretty savvy and they will have more control over their college career now. I'm sure the REC will line up huge money making deals for players....but other schools can do the same thing. And the nickatator is about to be 70 years old. I think a change is coming....but it looks like it might be UGA for a minute. That's almost as sickening.

Worse🤮

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

The post game show was talking about the lineman. I am going to beat this horse to death. We need a lineman. On both sides.

Harsin will have to look nationwide for good ones but hopefully he can find some.

5 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Nice to see the gumps go down but at the same time I hate it was Jimbo that did it.

I'd hate it worse if it had been Dan Mullen.....

• Like 3

At the end of the game Saban looked beaten and that it the first time I have seen him look that way after a loss.

When Bama went up with 5 mins left, I thought it was over.  Good on A&M for coming back.  Surprised Bama couldn’t hold.