MSU Kickoff at 11 AM

Brad_ATX

This is mind-numbingly dumb. Can anyone explain the national interest of Kentucky at Vanderbilt? Or of South Carolina at Missouri? What a horrendous idea to put this very intriguing game at 11 am, especially with both Auburn and MSU winning this weekend.

Edited by lca408
I idiotically used a word I shouldn’t have
  • Like 1

This is actually the third or fourth TV slot for SEC games that day, so in reality we're the 3rd or 4th best game that weekend.

CBS gets first pick at 330pm Eastern, then ESPN 7pm, then ESPN 12pm or SEC network 730 (can't remember which), ESPN2 7pm

The old days of Jefferson Pilot getting the 12AM game is gone

Edited by WDE_OxPx_2010
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

This is actually the third TV slot for SEC games that day, so in reality we're the 3rd best game that weekend.

CBS gets first pick at 330pm Eastern, then ESPN 7pm, then ESPN 12pm, ESPN2 7pm

Sure but I can just as easily make an argument for Auburn/MSU as I can for A&M/Ole Miss. Depending on the outcome this weekend, Auburn/MSU might be the most interesting matchup, and the only one with SEC West implications. Actually, probably more so than UGA/UT but I understand why CBS took that one for the 2:30.

Honestly I’m just pissed because that’s the other game we’re tailgating at and now it’s going to be a bad tailgate lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lca408 said:

Sure but I can just as easily make an argument for Auburn/MSU as I can for A&M/Ole Miss. Depending on the outcome this weekend, Auburn/MSU might be the most interesting matchup, and the only one with SEC West implications. Actually, probably more so than UGA/UT but I understand why CBS took that one for the 2:30.

Honestly I’m just pissed because that’s the other game we’re tailgating at and now it’s going to be a bad tailgate lol.

Here's the actual selection process

Link to TV slots

2 hours ago, lca408 said:

This is mind-numbingly 

probably shouldn't use that word anymore.  It's pretty offensive.

btw...all the networks are flooding the noon games with interesting match ups.  B1G has done it a lot on Fox and ESPN is following suit.  Lots of eyes available for noon vs 15 games on a 7pm.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

The old days of Jefferson Pilot getting the 12AM game is gone

12AM on JP would be sick 😜

• Haha 2

I'm not surprised we are the noon game.  We're the 3rd best game that week and ESPN is flooding that spot with good games to compete with Fox.  Noon is no longer the "bad" timeslot.  Networks have finally realized having 4 different competing 7pm games with an absolute trash noon slate doesn't make sense.

I don't think State is a good team, but I think we match up really poorly vs any team that can pass the ball competently.  I'll start worrying about that game after the Aggies though

10 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

btw...all the networks are flooding the noon games with interesting match ups.  B1G has done it a lot on Fox and ESPN is following suit.  Lots of eyes available for noon vs 15 games on a 7pm.

Oh no. Hope I don’t get canceled….

I understand the dynamics of the noon kickoff. B1G has always traditionally played their big games at noon so that’s nothing new. And yes, big SEC games have been playing at noon a lot more recently. Just venting frustration at the lack of a pregame tailgate more than anything else. 

• Dislike 1

28 minutes ago, lca408 said:

Oh no. Hope I don’t get canceled….

Imagine having this stance against people with severe learning disabilities

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 3
  • Dislike 2

6 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

@W.E.Dplease don't turn this into another one of those threads.

I'm sorry for making 2 posts in response to that.  There should be a lot more, tbqh.

• Dislike 1

mod edit:  Stop evading the profanity filter. Last chance for a home night game  and they choose TAMU at Ole Miss over our game. HELL Rocky Top vs Georgia is not a better matchup either. That game will be over once the ball is kicked off.  *knock on wood* BUUUUT WHEN not if. WHEN we win in Jordan Hare West this weekend that choice will look maaaaaaaaaaaaaj stupid. I get that this choice was made more because of the media and tv people still disrespect Miss St and nothing to do with us. BUUUUT I STILL FREAKING HATE IT!!!! Iron Bowl will 97% chance like it almost always is be a 2:30 CBS kick. So we just had our last home night game of the season. Only got 2 all season... AND ONE OF THEM WAS a waste because it was AKRON!!! BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE THIS SO MUCH!!!! It has nothing to do with the tired trope of OHHHH AU does not play well on breakfast kick offs anymore... It is about it severely killing the opportunity for another electric raucous classic Jordan Hare atmosphere. Miss St is severely underrated too. They are getting totally disrespected. That is a big game for us. They have 3 nice wins on their schedule vs NC State, AT TAMU and vs Kentucky. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

B12 has been doing it for a while and B1G has been gradually doing it the last handful of years. I actually saw guys (elsewhere) thinking the SEC would coerce them to moving later in the day before the season started

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

10 minutes ago, woodford said:

I’ll be there but bleh

Exactly. This was the game I had pencil'd in as the 1 home game I would make the annual long trek too. I thought it was a safe bet to be a afternoon and night game. I am so freaking heated right now. This blows up my travel plans. Now I will have to leave the day before the game sometime instead of being able to swing it the day of.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'm sorry for making 2 posts in response to that.  There should be a lot more, tbqh.

On one hand I agree.....but a simple PM would have done the trick. It wasn't used in a way that was directed at anyone. 

16 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

B12 has been doing it for a while and B1G has been gradually doing it the last handful of years. I actually saw guys (elsewhere) thinking the SEC would coerce them to moving later in the day before the season started

The B12 rarely has match-ups worthy, but agree on the B1G.  Ohio State Oregon was one that anyone here would freak out if that was played at noon.  lol.  PSU vs Wisky when both ranked in the top 10 was another.  ESPN is just shifting games there after the noon Fox game doing so well.  I like it and it makes sense, it was always annoying when there were 3 good SEC games on ESPN/ESPN2/SECN at 7 and the noon game was something no one cared about.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

It wasn't used in a way that was directed at anyone.

Quit using rational thought and facts to prevent me from virtue signaling to boost my self-perception, and allow me to be upset about something that could be construed the wrong way by a group of people I don't belong to! 

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

My daughter has a rare genetic condition and because of that she has severe disabilities across the board. I just keep scolling but since apparently it seems the person that is trying to make a difference is being scolded I felt I would chime in.  The word is inappropriate. To come back with an asinine comment like "Hope I don't get canceled"  shows you have a blatant disregarded and understanding of how blessed you are not to have a disability you can't over cone and will never read or move past a level of comprehension at say a 6th grade or lower level.   

Feel free to cancel me. I will spend even more time with my daughter as she is a shining light for everyone that meets her.  

I don't care what other threads may have be derailed by W.E.D because this could have been easily delt with by deleting the post because it was inappropriate and identified as such but the fact that it was condoned is the story here.  

Regardless, what do I know I am just some faceless person on the Internet with a unique position on the subject. I am sure someone will find fault in my words.

• Thanks 7
  • Dislike 2

7 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Quit using rational thought and facts to prevent me from virtue signaling to boost my self-perception, and allow me to be upset about something that could be construed the wrong way by a group of people I don't belong to! 

Because I personally don't have down syndrome, true.  But it is virtue signaling to call out someone who used language that is extremely offensive to them?  Very weird stance here, but do you.

This will be my last post since I guess defending ppl with down syndrome is seen as bad

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

18 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

The B12 rarely has match-ups worthy, but agree on the B1G.  Ohio State Oregon was one that anyone here would freak out if that was played at noon.  lol.  PSU vs Wisky when both ranked in the top 10 was another.  ESPN is just shifting games there after the noon Fox game doing so well.  I like it and it makes sense, it was always annoying when there were 3 good SEC games on ESPN/ESPN2/SECN at 7 and the noon game was something no one cared about.

You like going traveling to a ballgame at the crack of dawn? You like eating lunch at the concession stand in a listless stadium that's still filling up in the middle of the 1st quarter? The only people that hate early games more than tailgating fans are the players. None I have ever talked to privately, and some who are very public about it, feel like they went through the camps and practice and conditioning to be rewarded with a brunch time kickoff. I hope the SEC does pushback on this in the future, though you take their money and you do what you're told, I guess. It just stinks as a fan. 

• Thanks 1