Been a while my thoughts

austudnt23

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

Disaster? Two former SEC freshmen of the year, one QB and one RB. An experienced O-line, the best LB tandem in the SEC and a premier kicker, just for starters. Also three 4* recruits. Gus left AU with a far better roster than most coaches leave.

An experienced OL who's experience consist of getting their "blanks" kicked. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

I hesitate to post anything in this bizarre thread, but the notion that Harsin isn’t using NIL for recruitment purposes needs to be addressed. 

I cannot speak to what other schools or coaches may be doing with NIL for recruiting purposes, but it is clearly a violation of NCAA rules to tie NIL to recruiting and likely a violation of Alabama State law to do so.  Moreover, employees of Auburn (and Harsin is an employee of Auburn) are clearly prohibited by Auburn to cause or create compensation for student-athletes under NIL.  

Auburn has released official policies for NIL and that is addressed in the link below.  I would also add that, simply put, it is an unjustified and uninformed hit-piece on Harsin to accuse him of not doing more with NIL.  His hands are tied.  

https://auburntigers.com/sports/2021/6/28/spirit-nil.aspx

that is what i thought but i was not clear on it so i kept my mouth shut. but hey he has one super wanna be buddy on here so he will be ok.

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

An experienced OL who's experience consist of getting their "blanks" kicked. 

Last season every O-line starter missed multiple games because of injuries. That's pretty much unprecedented. This year has been better in that regard. The current staff thought enough of them that they didn't bother to pursue any O-line transfers. They got transfers at WR, RB, QB, D-line and DB. it follows that O-line transfers could have been acquired if the staff felt there was a need.

I think some of you have been brainwashed about the O-line. They aren't that bad. Our RB's for whatever reason, are missing gaping holes and running into the pile instead. Blame for that can hardly be placed on the linemen.

Our O-line troubles will be next year unless some current guys use their covid-year or we hit it lucky in the portal.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Didba said:

Uh, yeah, UAT played man to man and blitz.  They could do that because they have 5 stars at every position on D.  Straight out athleted Moo State and that's coming from some Moo State film guys.   Auburn cannot play man and blitz like that against Leach. Score would have been even worse had we played man.  Aggies tried to play man and got torched because of it.  If we had Bama's talent on defense we could've utilized their scheme/gameplan against moo state but we don't so we can't do what Bama did.

Dude it embarrasses me as a dye hard AU fan to give coaches a pass nc Mike never won a title leach is at the helm at Freaking Miss State. Come on now. The defense not only got schooled they had a 25 point spot.  Like i said no great or soon to be great coach loses in that spot. I usually pump sunshine all over the board but this is needed to be understood urgent  issue IMO whats going down rn w AU football and it can bury us to 5th n West being a normality if it isn’t addressed. I mean it makes no sense at all if we can get a better coach we get him. We owe BH nothing. We  gave him millions a huge stage to showcase himself and look what he has done. Conpare 2013 talent to this year. Show me that huge talent gap CBH is facing as compared to our last coach first year. Also jw where did Gus first class finish ranking wise?

Edited by austudnt23
Spelling

19 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Auburn has released official policies for NIL and that is addressed in the link below.  I would also add that, simply put, it is an unjustified and uninformed hit-piece on Harsin to accuse him of not doing more with NIL

Absolutely true. The whole premise of the discussion is wrong. Football coaches do football about 18 hours a day. The notion that Harsin himself (or any other HC)should be on the phone working marketing deals for players is asenine. If the NIL process at AU is inadequate, it’s on the AD support staff to fix, not the HC. 

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Last season every O-line starter missed multiple games because of injuries. That's pretty much unprecedented. This year has been better in that regard. The current staff thought enough of them that they didn't bother to pursue any O-line transfers. They got transfers at WR, RB, QB, D-line and DB. it follows that O-line transfers could have been acquired if the staff felt there was a need.

I think some of you have been brainwashed about the O-line. They aren't that bad. Our RB's for whatever reason, are missing gaping holes and running into the pile instead. Blame for that can hardly be placed on the linemen.

Our O-line troubles will be next year unless some current guys use their covid-year or we hit it lucky in the portal.

Well said mikey

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Most coaches who get fired don't leave a great roster behind. That's pretty much part and parcel of the situation. What Gus left at AU is better than what most new coaches inherit.

As to the question of player development, isn't that why we hired a new staff? I expected the improved development to start in spring practice.

Get back with me when you turn on the TV and see Bama,UGA, Ohio St, or Clemson playing with a defense with half of the players from the likes of UAB and SE Missouri St. 

• Like 1

Our fans need to understand the Auburn media is told what to right by the university basically. Trox 4 star, Council-2 but grad trabsfer senior supposedly NFLtakent, Brahms- 4 star-Jones 4 star Hamm 4 star.  These men started against the furocious dline at Miss State.

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

Get back with me when you turn on the TV and see Bama,UGA, Ohio St, or Clemson playing with a defense with half of the players from the likes of UAB and SE Missouri St. 

mikey is very right what Gus left is better than most get. Its a fact. Its prob better than Gus inherited.

37 minutes ago, Mikey said:

As to the question of player development, isn't that why we hired a new staff? I expected the improved development to start in spring practice.

They've had one off-season 

Christ. There are lefit criticisms of Harsin but this thread is off the rails stupid

Just now, austudnt23 said:

mikey is very right what Gus left is better than most get. Its a fact. Its prob better than Gus inherited.

Please list our top 5 draft pick and all American OL??

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

we chose them. We have 4 and 5 star fresh and 3 transfers high star DL. Our coaches ran the bad off right. Thats what was pushed. Im sorry but we gotta face facts.

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Their coaches didn't just get fired. You are doing the classic apples to oranges thing. If our players were as good a theirs, we wouldn't have wanted a coaching change.

Just maybe they were basically slandered idk why. This was  those lineman like when he signed the DT from Nashville name escapes me but he wS next Fairley accdg to one of our recruiting writers. The Miss kid that went to Indiana had offers from Bama and UGA fron HS. So did the previous mentioned player.

Edited by austudnt23

1 minute ago, DAG said:

When you are agreeing with Mikey, you know you are reaching BADLY.

Sometimes it hard to not address blatant stupidity even if falls on deaf ears

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Sometimes it hard to not address blatant stupidity even if falls on deaf ears

That's really funny, considering the source.

20 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Our O-line troubles will be next year

Which is a direct result of Gus talent and roster mismanagement. 

We'll need at least 2 starters from the portal 

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

When you are agreeing with Mikey, you know you are reaching BADLY.

Shhhhh! You better lay low. Before long someone might ask you to provide a quote or link for what you said and you'll have to scurry silently back into your little corner.

Lets also not forget he would be welcomes right back home and that he made all that money coaching a game. I mean people judge LK whole coaching ability on what happened off of a field. Sorry wrong argument here bc UA will hire him and they left him on that tarmac and Saban endorses him as a great head fb coach left him.