Who is lying?

TexasTiger

From 2003:

Q All right. Let me just follow up. You said this morning, "The President knows" that Karl Rove wasn't involved. How does he know that?

MR. McCLELLAN: Well, I've made it very clear that it was a ridiculous suggestion in the first place. I saw some comments this morning from the person who made that suggestion, backing away from that. And I said it is simply not true. So, I mean, it's public knowledge. I've said that it's not true. And I have spoken with Karl Rove --. . . I'm not going to get into conversations that the President has with advisors or staff or anything of that nature; that's not my practice.

Q . . . I'm not asking what you said, I'm asking if the President has a factual basis for saying -- for your statement that he knows Karl Rove --

MR. McCLELLAN: He's aware of what I've said, that there is simply no truth to that suggestion. And I have spoken with Karl about it.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/20...20030929-7.html

So did Rove lie to the President? To Scotty boy? Did Bush lie about what he "knew"? Or was Sotty lying?

I think Teddy was lying in June 1969 after Chappaquiddick.

I think John Kerry was lying about spending Christmas in Cambodia.

I think Bill Clinton was lying about never having sex with Monica.

I think Logan Young was lying about never buying players for Bama.

I think Nancy Pelosi was lying about trips she took that were paid for by lobbyists.

I'll stop there. :big:

I think Nancy Pelosi was lying about trips she took that were paid for by lobbyists.

I'll stop there.  :big:

168352[/snapback]

So lying only bothers you when the folks are on the other side?

Sounds as if that unbiased sweetheart Helen Thomas woke up with her drawers in a wad. Scott McClellan has more tolerance than I would have in that job, although I would dearly love having just 1 week behind the podium. I don't think there are too many people in this country that would object to him throwing her out on her *** in the middle of Pennsylvania Avenue.

I love this quote from Mr McClellan:

Well, if I could get "anonymous" to 'fess up, that would make my life a whole lot easier.

Too many journalists trying their best to find the next "Deep Throat". Where was all this concern for the "truth" when Clinton was renting out the Lincoln bedroom or handing nuclear secrets to the Chinese?

What is boils down to is the media being pissed that Karl Rove called out the liberals as the yellow cowards they are in regards to national security. Karl bloodied their noses and they can't handle it so, in their minds, he must go down.

Can someone count the number of times McClellan asked the journalists for specific information they had regarding the leak or mentioned the Justice Department? All they could do is cite anonymous sources and unconfirmed accusations in the newspapers. Another of my favorite parts of this press conference:

MR. McCLELLAN: Well, again, Ed, do you have specific information to bring to our attention?

Q No. But it's not --

MR. McCLELLAN: But are we supposed to chase down --

Q -- for me a big story --

MR. McCLELLAN: Let me finish. Are we supposed to chase down every anonymous report in the newspaper? We'd spend all our time doing that. That's what -- I think you need to --

Q The anonymous reports, though, allege criminal activity.

MR. McCLELLAN: You need to keep in mind that there has been no specific information, there has been no information that has come to our attention to suggest White House involvement, beyond what has been reported in the newspapers.

I'll stop there.  :big:

168352[/snapback]

So lying only bothers you when the folks are on the other side?

168355[/snapback]

Nope, your question was "Who is lying?". I had no idea you were limiting the discussion to either Karl Rove or President Bush, but then why should I have thought you were bothered by lying democrats?

Disclaimer: Even though Logan Young is a Bama fan, I have absolutely no idea if he is a Democrat as well.

Aren't they all? :D

Too many journalists trying their best to find the next "Deep Throat". Where was all this concern for the "truth" when Clinton was renting out the Lincoln bedroom or handing nuclear secrets to the Chinese?

168357[/snapback]

Yeah, where indeed? The Lincoln Bedroom stuff may have been politics-as-usual, but I haven't forgotten what it was like to hear that our military secrets were going to the Chinese. And then watching as they did NOTHING about it! What a kick in the gut! Shame on the perps and shame on the people who just rolled over in bed and let it go.

And guess what--this ain't no different. It isn't going to end unless people get up and make them stop committing treason for private gain. Unless you REPUBLICANS, you who wear your red-white-and-blue patriotism on your sleeve, have the guts to get up and demand accountability, even from members of your own party. You don't think treason is just peachy as long as it's your own party doing it, do you?

I don't think there are too many people in this country that would object to him throwing her out on her *** in the middle of Pennsylvania Avenue.

I think most Americans are decent people who would be appalled if Scotty threw an 85 year old woman "out on her *** in the middle of Pennsylvania Avenue" for simply, gasp, asking a question of the King's servant. You're probably just thinking of your friends.

What is boils down to is the media being pissed that Karl Rove called out the liberals as the yellow cowards they are in regards to national security. Karl bloodied their noses and they can't handle it so, in their minds, he must go down.

Yeah, that makes sense. The investigation has been going on for years, the news finally broke, despite rumors, totally denied by Bush, Scotty and others-- which is what the questions were about, and Rove made a moronic statement to some fellow Repugs a couple weeks so that geniuses like you could say, "See, this is retaliation."

Yeah, somebody's lying. So now there's only one thing left to do....who is at the bottom of the food chain? Ok...its Novak....congrats ,we have a scapegoat :P

Who is lying? EASY answer: hitlary.

Next question?

Archived