Bobo's playcalling

Didba

Atrocious tonight. We could have easily put the game away had he called different plays on about 10 plays.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

6 minutes ago, Didba said:

Atrocious tonight. We could have easily put the game away had he called different plays on about 10 plays.

He was Gus bad in the last two games. 

• Like 1

Just now, around4ever said:

He was Gus bad in the last two games. 

For sure. Bobo needs to go.  Its literally silly how easy this game could have been won with better playcalling.  When we hired Bobo I was terrified of what I had heard from UGA and SCAR fans.  It has rang true.  I had hoped Harsin would have enough influence to keep Bobo from being Bobo buuuuut...

31 minutes ago, Didba said:

Bobo was horrebdous vs aTm but calling him out vs MSU & USC is just being trendy and hip - the D blew 25(!!!) and 14 point leads, the latter w/ a backup QB behind 2 backup o linemen throwing the a receiver corp missing 2 of It's 3 best receivers. Fire away at Mason, who is regressing before our eyes, but please be specific what should have been different if you think the O gameplan lost either of the last 2 games. The backup QB throwing darts off target?

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Bobo was horrebdous vs aTm but calling him out vs MSU & USC is just being trendy and hip - the D blew 25(!!!) and 14 point leads, the latter w/ a backup QB behind 2 backup o linemen throwing the a receiver corp missing 2 of It's 3 best receivers. Fire away at Mason, who is regressing before our eyes, but please be specific what should have been different if you think the O gameplan lost either of the last 2 games. The backup QB throwing darts off target?

uh, wow, man this is kinda hilarious.  I have literally answered this so many times. hold on while I go find my other post to copy paste.

4 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Here ya go bud, Moo State torched everyone.  We were gonna get torched no matter what we did.  This was my post on it last week.  Offense had to sustain drives in the 3rd quarter and was unable to do so because of suspect play calling and keeping a hurt Qb in the game. Ball control was our best defense against Moo state.

Only Bama figured Moo State's offense out, 3 of their losses were not based upon the defenses figuring out the offenses. Only Bama held them below 400 yards at 300 yards.

Memphis did not figure them out - 468 yards, 419 passing 3 TDs passing. 

LSU did not figure them either, but did manage to keep them out of the endzone a bit more - 486 total, 371 Passing 3 Passing TDs, but 1 pick 1 lost fumble.  So LSU didn't stop them but won the turnover battle.

Alabama just played man defense, sent pressure and straight out athleted Moo State's receivers, that's what some Moo state film guys told me anyways.  So, Bama did figure them out but we cannot do what Bama does.  Don't have the talent to play man against a Leach offense. 

Arkansas did not figure them out either. 486 total yards, 417 passing, 4 TDs but 1 pick.  So Arkansas won the turnover battle there as well.

Also its my understanding that those three games, his WRs were dropping the ball a bit. Might pull those stats if I get bored enough.

Generally, to beat Leach you must score lots points unless you can play ball control and get takeaway by their offense making a mistake or just be Bama and have a 5 star at every position.  Also I want to point out Mason's plan worked for a whole half.  I'd have to go look but I wouldn't be surprised if we held Moo state to one of their lower first half productions. We even dropped a surefire pick 6 in the first quarter!  That would have been massive. That is our takeaway that the other teams needed to help them win.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

He’s regressed.

For sure, the scheme is still amazing.  The playcalling is absolute garbage at certain down and distances.

9 hours ago, Didba said:

Here ya go bud, Moo State torched everyone.  We were gonna get torched no matter what we did.  This was my post on it last week.  Offense had to sustain drives in the 3rd quarter and was unable to do so because of suspect play calling and keeping a hurt Qb in the game. Ball control was our best defense against Moo state.

Only Bama figured Moo State's offense out, 3 of their losses were not based upon the defenses figuring out the offenses. Only Bama held them below 400 yards at 300 yards.

LSU did not figure them either, but did manage to keep them out of the endzone a bit more - 486 total, 371 Passing 3 Passing TDs, but 1 pick 1 lost fumble.  So LSU didn't stop them but won the turnover battle.

Alabama just played man defense, sent pressure and straight out athleted Moo State's receivers, that's what some Moo state film guys told me anyways.  So, Bama did figure them out but we cannot do what Bama does.  Don't have the talent to play man against a Leach offense. 

Arkansas did not figure them out either. 486 total yards, 417 passing, 4 TDs but 1 pick.  So Arkansas won the turnover battle there as well.

Also its my understanding that those three games, his WRs were dropping the ball a bit. Might pull those stats if I get bored enough.

Generally, to beat Leach you must score lots points unless you can play ball control and get takeaway by their offense making a mistake or just be Bama and have a 5 star at every position.  Also I want to point out Mason's plan worked for a whole half.  I'd have to go look but I wouldn't be surprised if we held Moo state to one of their lower first half productions. We even dropped a surefire pick 6 in the first quarter!  That would have been massive. That is our takeaway that the other teams needed to help them win.

Well if YOU said it there's nothing more to be said. Buying my frame for your post now...

Edited by aucanucktiger
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Didba said:

Better yet, had he called no plays.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Didba said:

Besides Auburn and yesterday game, how many points was MSU averaging?

28 points was the answer.   Auburn scored 34, even had a fg blocked.   How was that not enough?   Seriously, I’m trying to understand.   I know most on here dislike Bobo, but for the love of Pete, there should as much or more directed at Mason

I'm not calling for a Bobo termination, but something is off when you can score 73 1st half points, over the last 4 games, and only 12 second half points, including just one touchdown.     

Everyone knows you need a proper mix of pass/run. Nobody fears our passing game because it is pedestrian with a lack of overall talent.  And week after week we prove them right. The defense is predictable and easy enough to scheme against that good coaching can effectively scheme for a win. The proof is in the results during the game and certainly in the scores.  Ultimately the buck stops with the coaches. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, au302 said:

If we can him we need to hire another renown QB developer OC. Bo took good steps this year and we need Geriner to get developed from the get go

I just don’t think Harsin is going to hire OC unless the scheme is consistent with his.

8 hours ago, Eisenhower_1952 said:

The 4th down attempt at our own 35, with 3:00 mins to go in the 2nd qtr didn't help either. That score before the half tied the game up. 

That was a 7 point, and very possibly a 14 point turn.  Literally, what on earth was going through the decision makers minds? Fourth and one, tank has been tearing it up, the oline has gotten great push, backup QB with mediocre accuracy,  and those mental midgets thought that deep pass would work? That has me absolutely flummoxed. Who in their right mind, would call that play on fourth and one, that deep in our own territory? I have lost all confidence in the coaches because of that call. It was just unbelievably bad. There is no answer or excuse for it. None.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

That was a 7 point, and very possibly a 14 point turn.  Literally, what on earth was going through the decision makers minds? Fourth and one, tank has been tearing it up, the oline has gotten great push, backup QB with mediocre accuracy,  and those mental midgets thought that deep pass would work? That has me absolutely flummoxed. Who in their right mind, would call that play on fourth and one, that deep in our own territory? I have lost all confidence in the coaches because of that call. It was just unbelievably bad. There is no answer or excuse for it. None.  

bad duuuude. just bad. hand it off or throw a quick pass to a tightend. easy conversion.

3 minutes ago, Didba said:

bad duuuude. just bad. hand it off or throw a quick pass to a tightend. easy conversion.

I think the play calling is veeeeeerrrrryyyyyy telling.   That one in particular would make an investigator look to see which of our coaches owes $100,000 to the bookie.  That’s how bad the call was.  I actually wish that gambling debts was the reason for that call. That would make me feel better than the real reason for that play call, which is that they thought it was a good play call.    I am not a former player or coach, but that was absolutely the last play I expected to run in that situation. I am still just absolutely gobsmacked that we have coaches that called that play. 

1 minute ago, MaitlandTiger said:

I think the play calling is veeeeeerrrrryyyyyy telling.   That one in particular would make an investigator look to see which of our coaches owes $100,000 to the bookie.  That’s how bad the call was.  I actually wish that gambling debts was the reason for that call. That would make me feel better than the real reason for that play call, which is that they thought it was a good play call.    I am not a former player or coach, but that was absolutely the last play I expected to run in that situation. I am still just absolutely gobsmacked that we have coaches that called that play. 

Bobo is obsessed with being 50/50.  I am pretty sure that striving for balance is 90% of his rational.  we should have handed it off 40 time. 20 to Tank and the rest split btwn Ss and H

11 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Well if YOU said it there's nothing more to be said. Buying my frame for your post now...

Please do my fine sir, make sure to post a picture after you hang it so we can all know the greatness of my post.

9 hours ago, Eisenhower_1952 said:

The 4th down attempt at our own 35, with 3:00 mins to go in the 2nd qtr didn't help either. That score before the half tied the game up. 

The call to go for it is fine.  The playcall was not.

• Like 1