Nix Going to Oregon

Proud Tiger

5 minutes ago, au302 said:

You may be correct. We'll never know. I just think it's crazy to say that there's no QB out there that could take Bo's job. He's not as bad as people think, but just because he's a three year starter doesn't change the stats or his poor fit in this system. We've seen new coaches start new QB's before. Harsin has zero ties to Nix, and vice versa

Again when was the last time a starter of three years been replaced without starting as QB1 to begin the season. Most times a new coach comes  in with no QB1 or maybe a first year starter. 

8 minutes ago, e808 said:

Again when was the last time a starter of three years been replaced without starting as QB1 to begin the season. Most times a new coach comes  in with no QB1 or maybe a first year starter. 

You got me on that one. I do not know enough history to figure that one out. I'm sure it's very rare as you say. Doesn't change my stance. He started for one year under Harsin. Not crazy to think that Harsin would want his own QB 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, woodford said:

Oregon was in the inaugural CFP. They beat FSU in the Rose Bowl then lost to tOSU in the NCG. Heisman winner Marcus Mariota was their QB. 

My bad, forgot about that one.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, selias said:

Best of luck, kid.

Can we now put this soap opera/Nix saga to bed?

It has been quite entertaining to see all the Bo arguments on here over the last 3 years.   I wonder what we’ll argue about next.   Any ideas?

15 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

It has been quite entertaining to see all the Bo arguments on here over the last 3 years.   I wonder what we’ll argue about next.   Any ideas?

Who's calling the plays maybe?

That was a real popular one in recent years.😁

Seems to me the Nix fam is trying to get in good with Nike maybe..? Or Oregon has a good national following with the national media, and they are trying everything to get Bo drafted. Good luck to him.

Can we please remove Bo Nix from the top of the page graphics of this site? He doesn't belong next to Nick Marshall. thanks, 

The Bo can't be best posts will soon turn into Bo will be an awesome coach. And it will be hilarious because it will be the same posters that talk down about athletes being coaches

11 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

Oregon has as many appearances in the CFP as Auburn. None. 

Wrong! Not true. They were in it the first year. Beat FSU with Mariota. Lost in the final to Ohio St

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Uh or let people discuss it and you disregard this thread?

You remember how it was when Gus left? Same thing. Why talk about the starting QB transfering after him and his dad giving the coach an ultimatum?

Now remember when stidham seemed to play scary in the pocket? Let's tear into him 😂

Edited by cole256

Good spot for him to land- New coach, so the expectations wont be out of sight this year,and he has some talented guys to throw the ball at. Also, they will be in the hunt for a conference title no matter what, so he will have an opportunity to shine.

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

He didn't need it to be guaranteed, he'd have won it anyway. Remember all the posters here who had Finley starting by game three or four? How wrong they were!

You are correct technically speaking, but the Georgia State performance resulted in the Bo benching and there was absolute question whether or not Bo or TJ would start the LSU game. So those saying TJ would be starting by mid-season were dang close to being correct.

Oregon strikes me a weird. Pat Nix is obviously very close to Bo's college career. He moved from Pinson Valley down to Phenix City in Bo's second year to be closer to Auburn. Caleb Nix has completed his high school career, but only has offers from schools in the south and east, far from Oregon.

There is still a rumor out there that Pat NIx will be hired by Troy to be their OC, and Caleb will commit to Troy. But that means Pat is working on Saturdays and cannot attend Bo's games. But he can't do it from Phenix City either.

I can't see Pat Nix looking for a HS coaching job for one year in the Pacific Northwest if Bo is a one-and-done.

Given Pat Nix's "list of concerns" he brought to Harsin on multiple occasions, and the fact Bo went into the portal with a "Do Not Contact" tag, suggesting he would be the one reaching out to prospective coaches, I simply cannot believe this was exclusively Bo's decision. But who knows, perhaps the plan was for Pat to help Bo pick the best school, the be hands-off this year.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, meh130 said:

Caleb Nix has completed his high school career, but only has offers from schools in the south and east, far from Oregon.

There is still a rumor out there that Pat NIx will be hired by Troy to be their OC, and Caleb will commit to Troy. But that means Pat is working on Saturdays and cannot attend Bo's games. But he can't do it from Phenix City either.

I can't see Pat Nix looking for a HS coaching job for one year in the Pacific Northwest if Bo is a one-and-done.

Given Pat Nix's "list of concerns" he brought to Harsin on multiple occasions, and the fact Bo went into the portal with a "Do Not Contact" tag, suggesting he would be the one reaching out to prospective coaches, I simply cannot believe this was exclusively Bo's decision. But who knows, perhaps the plan was for Pat to help Bo pick the best school, the be hands-off this year.

1. I may be wrong but I thought Caleb has one more year in HS.

2. What "list of concerns" do you KNOW Pat brought to Harsin?

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, meh130 said:

Oregon strikes me a weird. Pat Nix is obviously very close to Bo's college career. He moved from Pinson Valley down to Phenix City in Bo's second year to be closer to Auburn. Caleb Nix has completed his high school career, but only has offers from schools in the south and east, far from Oregon.

I think the connection is Dillingham. Some FSU guys thought they were getting Bo until Dilly got hired at Oregon, then Bo announces Oregon. Oregon has a 5* freshman qb, but evidently he's not ready.

What's strange is Lanning wanting Bo after man handling 3 years straight at UGA.

45 minutes ago, meh130 said:

Wait a minute, Is this true?  

What exactly did Pat think could be accomplished by pressing the new HC in his first year at AU?  And on "multiple" occasions Pat gave BCH a list of "concerns"???   WTH was Pat thinking doing something like that?

I do agree with you that this was not exclusively Bo's decision.  IF Pat & Bo went to CBH on multiple occasions this season, then it's likely CBH helped Bo make the decision to move on.