Happy 2022 Football Resolution

tigerrules

Happy New Year Auburn Family.  

my resolution is to maintain civility to our SEC rivals…except bammers.   And to stay positive about the football program, players and staff.  War Eagle 2022!!!!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

It is like waking up on another planet.  When did pointing out dumb ass decisions made by a coach become something that people should not do?

8 hours ago, AU9377 said:

It is like waking up on another planet.  When did pointing out dumb ass decisions made by a coach become something that people should not do?

Probably due to the fact that many Gus defenders provided equal pushback and similar post to those that tried to point out Gus' shortcomings.

It's the hypocrisy. The same that said, "Don't talk bad about Gus", "support the team and stop criticizing" and "I'll defend our coach because he's our coach until he's no longer our coach" are now the most vocal against Harsin and refuse to give anywhere close to the same benefit of the doubt...after his 1 year.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

Probably due to the fact that many Gus defenders provided equal pushback and similar post to those that tried to point out Gus' shortcomings.

It's the hypocrisy. The same that said, "Don't talk bad about Gus", "support the team and stop criticizing" and "I'll defend our coach because he's our coach until he's no longer our coach" are now the most vocal against Harsin and refuse to give anywhere close to the same benefit of the doubt...after his 1 year.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

tenor-2.gif

200.gif

Edited by autiger88

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

Well damn it I'm going to have to agree with you. This is not a good start for my 2022......................thanks a lot

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

Different start to 2022 football. After firing up the grill early yesterday noticed replay of 1996 Outback on YoutubeTV. Watched a little just to revisit the disaster and monsoon. Afterward got in the golf cart for a ride. First person I see is Dameyune Craig out for a morning walk. Can only assume he was visiting the area for whatever reason and staying at Marriott Grand National. 

We exchanged pleasantries and weather comments. Nice guy and still appears to be in pretty good football shape. Did not mention that I had been watching him in the Outback.

Edited by SaltyTiger

I’m coming out with guns a blazing!! War Eagle 🦅 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, bigbird said:

Well, you are not 100% right, my tall yellow feathered friend. I happened to like Gus very much as our coach and I also happen to like Harsin very much and want to give him a decent amount of time to be successful. Don’t lump all the Gus people into the group that doesn’t like CBH.  😉

What I think Auburn fans should make as a resolution is to be kinder and less critical of individual players.  Some fans are getting downright mean and I don’t believe this is what Auburn should be about.  Lord, id hate for us to have the reputation that Bama and UGA fans have, and it feels like we’re heading in that direction.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Well, you are not 100% right, my tall yellow feathered friend. I happened to like Gus very much as our coach and I also happen to like Harsin very much and want to give him a decent amount of time to be successful. Don’t lump all the Gus people into the group that doesn’t like CBH.  😉

What I think Auburn fans should make as a resolution is to be kinder and less critical of individual players.  Some fans are getting downright mean and I don’t believe this is what Auburn should be about.  Lord, id hate for us to have the reputation that Bama and UGA fans have, and it feels like we’re heading in that direction.  

3rd, you are in a class alone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Y’all are making me blush. 😂😂😂
image.gif.fa250d62ec6da9c6a0ea32cfee41fd3f.gif

Seriously, though.  I read where “fans” were finding players’ phone numbers and texting them mean messages. I think the athletic dept should make a check on the phone numbers that have texted players and see if they are associated with a season ticket.  If they are, they should cancel the ticket holders’ tickets and revoke them forever.  I also heard a story that Bo Nix’s fiancée left the game crying when people (probably students) started booing Bo.  He’s gone now, so that isn’t an issue, but this kind of behavior is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Y’all are making me blush. 😂😂😂
image.gif.fa250d62ec6da9c6a0ea32cfee41fd3f.gif

Seriously, though.  I read where “fans” were finding players’ phone numbers and texting them mean messages. I think the athletic dept should make a check on the phone numbers that have texted players and see if they are associated with a season ticket.  If they are, they should cancel the ticket holders’ tickets and revoke them forever.  I also heard a story that Bo Nix’s fiancée left the game crying when people (probably students) started booing Bo.  He’s gone now, so that isn’t an issue, but this kind of behavior is ridiculous. 

Never agree with Booing players (ours or theirs). Agree with kicking them off campus, too.

3 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Never agree with Booing players (ours or theirs). Agree with kicking them off campus, too.

If not off campus, then out of the stadium for a game? I mean, I have booed some calls made by the refs.  I have booed when the other team fakes an injury, but I’ve stopped doing that because I really don’t have any idea if their hurt, honestly.  It’s just the personal attacks against individual players that is so wrong. 

• Like 1