Calling on support for Coach Harsin

Rednilla

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

I appreciate the wait and see approach

I figured the face palm was Golf, but I had to look to see. How do you do the sarcasm thing? Don’t want any misunderstandings 

Edited by provibe

I just think this will be very interesting if it happens. I wouldn't expect a big turnout, but Brad Lorrando and players coming is interesting. Curious to see how many go with him. Also if he brings assistants and their families 

9 hours ago, au302 said:

@Rednilla if this truly was a false character assasination campaign to get rid of coach by the PTB's, how can we demand accoutability? Seems like every coach has had something similar happen, and I'm sick of it. I'm not blind. If he did something scandalous, good riddance, but it seems like a recurring theme and there seems to be zero accountability with our university leadership for years

Coincidentally the NFL season is almost over and coaching availability at a maximum. Coupdetat...

7 hours ago, DAG said:

Whose washing away the allegations? I am not but just because someone says someone is a racist or abusive person doesn't mean I should just assume it's true. There needs to be a burden of proof. That is just plain common practice. 

Agreed.. also, Harsin has HC experience previously, any reports like this at Boise? 

The people with money and power at AU dont want him here thats a hell of a foe to defeat when these people have names on the buildings around campus and donate millions (including the buyout for past coaches)   You can get the whole campus to gather at toomers and it wont make a difference. 

Edited by auskip07
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

Agreed.. also, Harsin has HC experience previously, any reports like this at Boise? 

Only that he chokes games. Never anything to this craziness. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, DAG said:

You just quoted me stating we shouldn't wash away allegations (Which I never ever hinted at, you should probably respond to those people doing that) and I responded. Why do you keep referencing other people? I don't care about these other people. My point was I am not going to not support him on the basis of accusations without a burden of proof. If you choose not to do that, cool.  I personally don't care enough. For me, I will support him on the basis that he is Auburns football coach and there is nothing out there to proof that he is racist, abusive or an infidel. I am here everyday, waiting to see the results of these allegations. That is all I care about. I don't participate in the interpreting of IG lives, snap chat, twitter or whatever. Everybody has their own truth and that is also cool. I just want to see empirical evidence of such allegations. 

I may copy and paste this. Lol. This is where I stand as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, provibe said:

Blind support, you never supported him for 1 second.

Man I wish she didn't have me on ignore. I have roasted her so many times in the last 2-3 days.

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Only that he chokes games. Never anything to this craziness. 

concurred. Boise fans biggest complaints were 1) in game decisions were bad in big games 2) he was a jerkhole 3) He'd drop a a game to a team they shouldn't.  from boise fans on r/cfb. they are insufferable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Didba said:

concurred. Boise fans biggest complaints were 1) in game decisions were bad in big games 2) he was a jerkhole 3) He'd drop a a game to a team they shouldn't.  from boise fans on r/cfb. they are insufferable.

Points 1 and 3 were my argument when he was hired. Didn’t get that impression from him on point 2 . Maybe he had to be nice to me  driving them to the game lol

18 hours ago, Shady Hollow AU said:

And it strikes me as absurd that our black AD would be such a poor judge of character as to hire a racist.

This coach..trying to change our culture, should be innocent until proven guilty on these rumors.

Harsin’s previous success has been dependent on a strong work ethic and discipline. Perhaps in making his jump to the SEC, he doubled down on those fronts and tightened the screws to a fault.

I’m sure he would change a few of his first year decisions, if he could.

If after next year, the culture hasn’t changed, the results on the field and recruiting still aren’t there, it’s probably a more appropriate time to discuss support.

War Eagle, coach.

Unfortunately, We no longer live in a country or society where people are innocent until proven guilty.

Law enforcement officials at every single level abuse their power, stop people for no good reason and violate people's rights to be secure in the person by demanding ID without R.A.S. to "prove they don't have a warrant" and other nonsense. 

In regards to racist claims, Stories unfold every single day around the country where someone is accused of being racist without any context or factual information. They get slandered, fired, or worse and often  not a shred of evidence other than one person's word or hearsay. The Kenosha kid comes to mind. There are microcosms of this echoed throughout society.

What makes it tricky is once that claim is thrown out there, it is next to impossible for someone to prove that they aren't racist. The reporters do not write apology pieces. The news doesn't clarify and state that there was zero evidence of racism found. Nothing. IMO, there should be VERY stiff penalties and consequences for someone who makes a claim like that if it is proven otherwise. 

As for supporting our coach through this..I agree with @DAG. I can be unhappy with the coach but he is still a person. I will wait and see.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Just let this play out. It’s too early to be hard core choosing sides. 

Not for my friend, who knows the Harsin family personally. I just agreed to help him spread his message. As for me, I'm kind of adopting the idea I saw posted a while back about Harsin: I will support him completely, until I can't.

I will say that I certainly hope all that's coming out about him isn't true. It seems more to me like the players who are leaving just didn't like his style, which has reminded me of Coach Dye since he first came on board at Auburn. If that's the case, I can see why it would make certain characters turn against him, because it's centered in the "I believe in work, hard work" ethos of the Creed.

But, again, there may be more here than I know about, so Titan has a valid point, as well. Time will tell how it all goes.

• Like 2

The thing that makes me hold off just dismissing the complaints as people who couldn't hack it with a tough coach is that most of them are straight up saying - he's a great football coach that can do great things in time.  But all of them also say basically that he's not a very good person  and doesn't seem to care about them beyond football.  If true, that's a problem and more than just "I don't like being coached hard or having high demands put on me."

It's like I mentioned before on Coach Dye.  He was an old-school hard ass.  But he also understood this dual role of a coach.  He used to say, "You can coach 'em as hard as you love 'em."  It matters.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

The thing that makes me hold off just dismissing the complaints as people who couldn't hack it with a tough coach is that most of them are straight up saying - he's a great football coach that can do great things in time.  But all of them also say basically that he's not a very good person  and doesn't seem to care about them beyond football.  If true, that's a problem and more than just "I don't like being coached hard or having high demands put on me."

That is an excellent point. It's one thing to coach hardcore when you love 'em. It's an entirely different thing to coach hardcore just to be hardcore. And I don't have the information to know which is which with Harsin.

25 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

No have not read

It has some interesting quotes in there from other SEC coaches as well as high school coaches in the region. Of course, all are anonymous 

14 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

But all of them also say basically that he's not a very good person  and doesn't seem to care about them beyond football.

That’s all fine and dandy but that is not the same as being described as abuser, racist or impermissible job opportunities for a mistress. That is a huge distinction. 

Edited by DAG

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

That’s all fine and dandy but that is not the same as being described as abuser, racist or impermissible job opportunities for a mistress. That is a huge distinction. 

That’s just the few who’ve gone in the record about that aspect. We still have to investigate the more serious accusations.