Nick Brahms- 'Team Leaders Want Meeting With BoT & Pres.'

IronMan70

2 hours ago, metafour said:

He interviewed players as part of AU's investigation into the allegations. Notice how Brahm's Tweet is going ABOVE Alan Greene? He wants to meet with the President and BOT...because the AD already spoke to the players.

Or maybe he doesn’t think the AD is making decisions. 

3 minutes ago, alexava said:

Or maybe he doesn’t think the AD is making decisions. 

It's literally been reported that Greene conducted interviews with players. Why would Nick Brahms try to jump over the guy who's JOB is literally "Athletics Director"? This kid is an athlete on the football team; he's not a fan sitting in his room reading conspiracy theories about Jimmy Rane.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, metafour said:

It's literally been reported that Greene conducted interviews with players. Why would Nick Brahms try to jump over the guy who's JOB is literally "Athletics Director"? This kid is an athlete on the football team; he's not a fan sitting in his room reading conspiracy theories about Jimmy Rane.

Ask him. You kinda answered your own question. You sound like you agree with what you are arguing against?

35 minutes ago, metafour said:

The ESPN article said this decisions and investigation is going above the athletics department. It is a university investigation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Under no circumstances will the BOT be meeting with the players re: the Harsin matter. It appears that some folks do not know about AU coming close to losing its accreditation with SACS a number of years ago because of meddling BOT members. 

The President of AU will be making the decision on Harsin.  Who the President would like to talk with is up to him.   

Edited by Mike4AU
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Taco said:

Players met with AD Greene and a select few stuck around longer to further address the situation. Two of the people he tagged was there to further address the situation. I think even Hokanson reported this in his premium boards. It could have been PM idk, but people with info know Brahms is speaking out of his ass. He may not know what’s going on, and he’s just doing what he may believe is right, but he doesn’t know the full extent of even what’s going on regarding meetings with the AD 

Nick is in his last year so he’s gone regardless, so no he’s not go the most to win or lose in this situation. And players don’t know what’s best for them if it hit them upside the head half the time. Most people in athletics understand this. He’s acting as a fan, and fans are fickle. 

im sure I’ll get a lot of hate for this post, I tried to avoid it but I just had to say my peace. Let it commence. But Harsin absolutely should not be the man, unless you’re okay with just chilling in the middle with the  Mississippi teams, Missouri, USCe, and whatever mid-tier SEC football program when we have the money to spend like the Georgia’s, A&Ms, and Bamas of the world.

Well since you’re in the know spill it on what is going or gone on. What makes you think we are going to be at the bottom 

10 hours ago, Taco said:

And players don’t know what’s best for them if it hit them upside the head half the time. Most people in athletics understand this. He’s acting as a fan, and fans are fickle. 

If that is true, then shouldn’t the players that left and bad mouthed Harsin have just shut up and worked harder! I mean since they are players and apparently don’t know what’s good for them…

Guest MustardSeed
17 hours ago, Taco said:

Players met with AD Greene and a select few stuck around longer to further address the situation. Two of the people he tagged was there to further address the situation. I think even Hokanson reported this in his premium boards. It could have been PM idk, but people with info know Brahms is speaking out of his ass. He may not know what’s going on, and he’s just doing what he may believe is right, but he doesn’t know the full extent of even what’s going on regarding meetings with the AD 

Nick is in his last year so he’s gone regardless, so no he’s not go the most to win or lose in this situation. And players don’t know what’s best for them if it hit them upside the head half the time. Most people in athletics understand this. He’s acting as a fan, and fans are fickle. 

im sure I’ll get a lot of hate for this post, I tried to avoid it but I just had to say my peace. Let it commence. But Harsin absolutely should not be the man, unless you’re okay with just chilling in the middle with the  Mississippi teams, Missouri, USCe, and whatever mid-tier SEC football program when we have the money to spend like the Georgia’s, A&Ms, and Bamas of the world.

So you know this from a paid message board. Got it 🙄. We know how accurate that info has been the past year. But go ahead and pretend it’s all facts and attack players while doing it having literally ZERO idea what info Nick has. Unreal 🤦‍♂️

4 hours ago, alexava said:

Have any Boise or Arkansas St players ever cried publicly about how he treated them?

Same point I’ve raised. And it’s an important accountability question. If there’s a record of him treating players poorly at his previous stops, then AU failed in their vetting process. If there is no record of that, why is he suddenly treating players poorly at Auburn when he hasn’t done it at other places?   

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Same point I’ve raised. And it’s an important accountability question. If there’s a record of him treating players poorly at his previous stops, then AU failed in their vetting process. If there is no record of that, why is he suddenly treating players poorly at Auburn when he hasn’t done it at other places?   

All you have to do is combine player statements. A few said he was mean, a few said he was cutting out cancer from how the last staff coddled players. Both are probably pretty accurate. Taking a hard line approach to kids who have been coddled ruffled feathers. Could he have done it in a more personal way?  Probably.  But go watch the junction boys or any film based on reality of situations like that. They’re all the same. Some get mad and fling crap and try to get the guy run off so they can get back to how they liked it and some buy in and get better for it. It’s all actually 100% predictable and should have been expected. Hell Saban had to run off a ton of players. The difference there is the boosters wanted Saban so they waited it out. Harsin didn’t get that 

3 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

So you know this from a paid message board. Got it 🙄. We know how accurate that info has been the past year. But go ahead and pretend it’s all facts and attack players while doing it having literally ZERO idea what info Nick has. Unreal 🤦‍♂️

What else is new?  People on here either don’t know and act like they do, or have hear say and still act like they are in “the know”.

8 hours ago, alexava said:

Have any Boise or Arkansas St players ever cried publicly about how he treated them?

If I'm not mistaken during racial injustice protests there were Boise St players who were disappointed and saying he was essentially ignoring it and the players felt like Harsin didn't have their backs. 

That falls in line with some of our players like Kobe and Smoke were saying about understanding the players that are in his program. 

You cannot succeed in the SEC if you don't at least fake care about your players IMO

Edited by Tiger
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

If I'm not mistaken during racial injustice protests there were Boise St players who were disappointed and saying he was essentially ignoring it and the players felt like Harsin didn't have their backs. 

That falls in line with some of our players like Kobe and Smoke were saying about understanding the players that are in his program. 

You cannot succeed in the SEC if you don't at least fake care about your players IMO

In retrospect, I think it’s really interesting that not a single Boise player followed Harsin here. Not one. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

If we know that and hired him that was poor judgment by AU decision makers. 

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

In retrospect, I think it’s really interesting that not a single Boise player followed Harsin here. Not one. 

Were they asked?

I thought that was an entirely appropriate initiative on the part of these players. As someone with higher ed experience in diverse settings, it's usually a no-no to approach the board directly--for everyone but students. And these guys have a lot at stake.

The president can share with players what's public knowledge: they're concerned about departures and want to ensure the program is healthy. They don't have to say anything else, but it would be terrific if they'd listen. If they're interviewing players who complain, they'd darn sure better hear out those who are happy.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Legitimate question, and I don’t know the answer. But, with the roster Harsin inherited, it would surprise me if no one was.

It is not exactly like Boise was stocked with a ton of high 4* and 5* players. Also when he arrived I don't think we had the new transfer rule so they would have sat out a year.

4 hours ago, Tiger said:

After a single player called him out for not saying anything about the racial strife in 2020, Harsin issued a fairly bland statement about how we can all do better, and Boise's basketball coach issued a statement too. That's all I know about.

6 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

It is not exactly like Boise was stocked with a ton of high 4* and 5* players. Also when he arrived I don't think we had the new transfer rule so they would have sat out a year.

I'm not sure why they would have to be a high 4* or 5* to come and compete at Auburn, since we routinely recruit and have a roster full of kids who aren't. We're also talking about kids that Harsin has already evaluated, recruited, and coached, who understand his philosophy, culture, and expectations. That said, I'm not drawing any conclusions, just pointing out something that I found interesting. You may be right about the transfer rules, though. 

49 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

After a single player called him out for not saying anything about the racial strife in 2020, Harsin issued a fairly bland statement about how we can all do better, and Boise's basketball coach issued a statement too. That's all I know about.

A coach that stays TF away from woke politics? Won’t disclose his vaccination status. Says it’s personal... I’m liking him more every day. Within the next 4-5 years these qualities will be sought after. Remember where you heard that. 

17 minutes ago, alexava said:

A coach that stays TF away from woke politics? Won’t disclose his vaccination status. Says it’s personal... I’m liking him more every day. Within the next 4-5 years these qualities will be sought after. Remember where you heard that. 

I really don't care where I heard that. I'm not interested in his politics. I'm quite interested in his ability to compete in the SEC.

33 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

I really don't care where I heard that. I'm not interested in his politics. I'm quite interested in his ability to compete in the SEC.

So you are willing to go along with the destruction of the man’s character so you can get a coach who has a better ability to complete in the SEC? I’m not down with that. I was not a fan of his this season either. I think we downgraded from Gus. But I sense dirty tactics being used because the PTB at this university think they made a mistake. 

Since when are head football coaches supposed to be Mary Poppins and coddle and cater to grown men? The meanest people I was ever around were my high school defensive line coach and my Army drill sergeant.