Nick Brahms- 'Team Leaders Want Meeting With BoT & Pres.'

IronMan70

Just now, JTFazz said:

Since when are head football coaches supposed to be Mary Poppins and coddle and cater to grown men? The meanest people I was ever around were my high school defensive line coach and my Army drill sergeant.

You have to find a happy medium. By player’s statements it seems like he has. These are not really his players.  If the iron bowl goes one play different, this is not happening. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, alexava said:

So you are willing to go along with the destruction of the man’s character so you can get a coach who has a better ability to complete in the SEC? I’m not down with that. I was not a fan of his this season either. I think we downgraded from Gus. But I sense dirty tactics being used because the PTB at this university think they made a mistake. 

I get that this is a heated discussion, but I haven’t accused Harsin of anything, and I’ve said so repeatedly. I am worried that if he did things to alienate players and coaches, he may not be the right guy. That’s what they’re investigating, isn’t it?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

I get that this is a heated discussion, but I haven’t accused Harsin of anything, and I’ve said so repeatedly. I am worried that if he did things to alienate players and coaches, he may not be the right guy. That’s what they’re investigating, isn’t it?

No. It’s looking like a witch hunt to me. A true investigation would not be this self damaging.

44 minutes ago, alexava said:

No. It’s looking like a witch hunt to me. A true investigation would not be this self damaging.

I guess my take is, you have coaches leaving, 20 players leaving, and about 20 players voicing a common complaint. That was all public. I don't know how Auburn avoids trying to dig out the truth in that environment.

I've never been an academic administrator, but I am a career academic and I've had some public roles. If you're faced with substantial evidence that's already gone public, you have to say something and do something. Hopefully, we'll learn that the complaints are overblown or that Harsin has agreed to get some coaching. I'm not rooting against the guy.

• Like 1