TIFWIW

TigerHorn

1 minute ago, AUCE05 said:

Sucks, but AU sets in the most fertile football area in the country and we have wealth.  Just need the right person who knows how to do more than scheme football.  You gotta be able to market the brand.  We can turn around quickly IF we make the right hire.  

I agree...just wish this were a more normal move. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

Are you serious, or are you phishing?

It was a serious question.  The way he bolted seems like he may have known something was going down.  

4 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Honestly I'd try it... but would Neon Deion get the autonomy to do things his way? Of course not, because we are country club masquerading as a Power 5 football program.

Deion Sanders 'Out-Recruited' The Power 5, Sports Figures Are Worried - HBCU Legends (si.com)

Deion Sanders Named 'Eddie Robinson Award' Winner as 2021 FCS Coach of the Year (msn.com)

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

Sucks, but AU sets in the most fertile football area in the country and we have wealth.  Just need the right person who knows how to do more than scheme football.  You gotta be able to market the brand.  We can turn around quickly IF we make the right hire.  

Deion Sanders lands another top football recruit at Jackson State - WR Kevin Coleman (espn.com)

• Dislike 1

25 minutes ago, aubietiger14 said:

Speaking of Mason do anyone think he would be a candidate for the head coach job?   Maybe he and Austin got wind of the rumors and that is why they left?

I mean you have to be really in denial to error on the side of them not catching wind.

Derek Mason in my opinion would be a really solid hire. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, aubietiger14 said:

It was a serious question.  The way he bolted seems like he may have known something was going down.  

My bad, thought you were joking. Assumed you have been following the threads.

3 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

My bad, thought you were joking. Assumed you have been following the threads.

No prob!  I haven’t read the pages and pages of the other topics. 

48 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Either way, I don't think the AD will tell us if it was or wasn't for cause

I am not a lawyer, but AU is a public university.  Wouldn't they have to disclose at least something?

• Thanks 1

They said we couldn't Auburn any harder when we nearly had a secret coup for an internal coordinator promotion last time, and yet here we are. 

Napier was my guy last time.  This time: Aranda or bust.

2 minutes ago, WarDamnDoc said:

They said we couldn't Auburn any harder when we nearly had a secret coup for an internal coordinator promotion last time, and yet here we are. 

Napier was my guy last time.  This time: Aranda or bust.

I think his OC might be a getable choice.

• Like 2

it's not even worth thinking about deion sanders -- it's fun to think about but the odds of that seem so outside the realm of reality 

Chiziks name floating around seems like a strong probability or Hugh Freeze and thats all I can imagine. I don't even think Steele would take the job if offered tbh

This will take years to get the stink off and become championship-level competitive again. I am so over this junior high school drama that has permeated the program and the fan base.

• Like 5

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Or we will go undefeated and win a natty next year. Auburn always be Auburning

One thing I know for sure. The hype is going to be awesome until the day they hire Jon Johnson, the defensive graduate assistant at University of San Diego in New York.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

One thing I know for sure. The hype is going to be awesome until the day they hire Jon Johnson, the defensive graduate assistant at University of San Diego in New York.

JJ is available!?!?

Chizik? The same one who lost the team in '12??

r8lp8h3d7uhx.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Butthead said:

Give Peyton 20 million. 

The Peyton Manning that has never coached a day in his life and also thrust his crotch into a trainer’s face at UT???

Pay him more than NICK SABAN??

Gah y’all…..STAHHHHPPPPPP.  

Just now, AEAugirl said:

The Peyton Manning that has never coached a day in his life and also thrust his crotch into a trainer’s face at UT???

Pay him more than NICK SABAN??

Gah y’all…..STAHHHHPPPPPP.  

I think he’s saying Sean Peyton

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

JJ is available!?!?

Yea. I’m hearing there is a ton of interest in both sides. Cant tell you who told me, but it’s a guy that’s friends with the brothers dog of an insider in the equestrian department.

• Like 1

Effing morons. If true, is he being fired with a buyout? If not, and it's for cause, what is the cause? Hurting people's feelings? Auburn football is a garbage dumpster fire and hopefully sits at the bottom of the SEC for the foreseeable future if this happens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Deion, is that you? 

Yes! I’m on board with prime time! We need a splash hire! Not Kevin Steele or Derrick mason or some guy from out west we have to look up on Wikipedia! 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 4