TIFWIW

TigerHorn

4 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

With all due respect, what the **** did we do to deserve this?

I don't deserve this and none of the good fans do. Its the small minority of toxic fans and crazy boosters who are giving this program bad karma. If you run off a coach after only one year that is bad karma. The only exception is if he did something really serious.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

Yeah, I was never impressed with AG's hiring.  Add Leath's hiring and dismissal and Harsin, IF for cause, then the BOT have made some serious errors and they will need to be examined..

AD Greene has done a good job imo. We have 6 or 7 sports ranked in the top 20 nationally right now. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, au4life77 said:

Allen Greene secured Bruce Pearl's contract. Allen Greene brought in a good women's basketball coach who is turning the program around. He brought in a good volleyball coach who is turning the program around. Most of his hires have been good, and most of our programs are headed in the right direction.

On top of all this he has fostered a spirit of family within the Auburn athletic department. The different athletic teams support each other more than they ever used to do in the past. They all go to each others games. There really has been a feeling of family between all the Auburn sports teams under his watch.

I guess some of you want another good ol' boy. Someone the potato boys approve of. We had that for most of our history and the results outside of football were mediocre.

You need to seriously back off with the incendiary language .  AG was at best an okay hire.  Jay Jacobs, a "good ol' boy" I guess, secured BP's hiring when Pearl was a hot potato and no one wanted anything to do with him.  BP was not going anywhere unless he wanted to be starting over and that wasn't going to happen at his age, AT ALL.

I don't follow volleyball but that program is batting .361 after 2 seasons.  Is that a good record ?  If his name were Harsin, then he'd be gone.  Your use of the word "mediocre" applies.

• Dislike 2

29 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

Yeah, I was never impressed with AG's hiring.

I'll confess that I had unreasonable expectatons for Allen Greene as Auburn AD.  In fairness, he's certainly had his hands tied.  I really hoped he'd be a superstar in comparison to Jacobs.

22 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

You need to seriously back off with the incendiary language .  AG was at best an okay hire.  Jay Jacobs, a "good ol' boy" I guess, secured BP's hiring when Pearl was a hot potato and no one wanted anything to do with him.  BP was not going anywhere unless he wanted to be starting over and that wasn't going to happen at his age, AT ALL.

I don't follow volleyball but that program is batting .361 after 2 seasons.  Is that a good record ?  If his name were Harsin, then he'd be gone.  Your use of the word "mediocre" applies.

While you are correct about Jay going out on a limb to bring in BP, it is widely known that ADAG kept him here during the Chuck Person deal/Leath reign of terror 

• Like 2

I'm going to choose to remember ADAG for Pearl, Sunisa Lee (and the gym program at large), the rise of these club sports being legitimized, and trying to protect the budget against covid. That's just me remembering the good and at least a sign that an outside the box hire can do well for Auburn

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, TeamZero77 said:

Let's just use our brains and be realistic for a minute. We just fired a coach 1 year ago. At that time, this program was ALOT more attractive and in better shape than it currently sits. And supposedly the final 2 candidates were Harsin and Kevin Steele. Fast forward to the present and we now are a school who is firing a coach after 1 season who's QB broke his ankle when we were 6-2. And the boosters supposedly never wanted this coach. Why would Auburn be able to hire a bigger name and better coach now when we couldn't do it last year during a time when it wasn't much turmoil like it is now?? 

Also, I've said this before that Auburn has NEVER hired a "big name" coach. Shug wasn't a big name, Barfield was an OC, Pat Dye was at Wyoming, Terry Bowden was at Samford, Tuberville was barely .500 at Ole Miss, Chizik was 5-19 at Iowa St and Gus had 1 year at Arkansas State. Harsin was 69-19 at Boise and on paper he was the best coach we have ever hired. 

If, and it looks like he will, Harsin is fired, don't be expecting Auburn to pull in a big time coach. It's NEVER happened in the past and I don't see it happening now. Especially with all this turmoil in the football program. Also, don't look for the PTB to EVER allow an "outsider" to be hired again. This hire is screaming Muschamp, Steele, Lashlee, Chizik, etc. 

Really hard to argue against reality

50 minutes ago, au4life77 said:

Allen Greene secured Bruce Pearl's contract. Allen Greene brought in a good women's basketball coach who is turning the program around. He brought in a good volleyball coach who is turning the program around. Most of his hires have been good, and most of our programs are headed in the right direction.

On top of all this he has fostered a spirit of family within the Auburn athletic department. The different athletic teams support each other more than they ever used to do in the past. They all go to each others games. There really has been a feeling of family between all the Auburn sports teams under his watch.

I guess some of you want another good ol' boy. Someone the potato boys approve of. We had that for most of our history and the results outside of football were mediocre.

The students also love the guy. He's done an incredibly good job of being a face for the AD, even if his power is repeatedly tested.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Are they still saying with cause? 

I'd be shocked from my sources

5 hours ago, autigeremt said:

An interim will be selected and a search will begin. Believe it or not there's a few coaches out there who would jump at the opportunity. Qualified coaches.

Mr. Freeeze?

5 hours ago, AcUmen said:

I am not a lawyer, but AU is a public university.  Wouldn't they have to disclose at least something?

We will know if it's for cause

5 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

it's not even worth thinking about deion sanders -- it's fun to think about but the odds of that seem so outside the realm of reality 

Chiziks name floating around seems like a strong probability or Hugh Freeze and thats all I can imagine. I don't even think Steele would take the job if offered tbh

It won't be cheezwhiz

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

That's not who I'd call, so probably

Who would you call Bird? Genuinely curious? And if you don't mind to use a term I hate, explain further please?

Edited by Didba

4 hours ago, jluvah said:

Ok. So, who? So Grimes is qualified to be HEAD coach?

Yes.

• Like 1

Let us assume none of the b.s. currently going on within the football program is happening. The PTB still wouldn't have a clue what a good football coach looked like. Further if they happened on one, history dictates they would be unable to close the deal. 

• Like 3

I'lll still be honest, I hope he isn't fired.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

He was dead on with the comment, but I still believe OU is more in-bred than Auburn ever thought about being.  When you look at the resume's of the assistants it's almost all former players.  Virtually no outside DNA.

Doesn’t matter when you get the level of results they do. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Didba said:

Who would you call Bird? Genuinely curious? And if you don't mind to use a term I hate, explain further please?

I'd start with Grimes

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Didba said:

I'lll still be honest, I hope he isn't fired.

Just wait...if/when he does, how many of our best starters that chose to come back decide to leave.  

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Just wait...if/when he does, how many of our best starters that chose to come back decide to leave.  

I still have some eligibility. I think I’m good for one play. Especially QB neel.

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It will be like watching The Replacements.