Baseball vs. Texas Tech

I wasn't all that interested in springing the $30 for the Flo Baseball webcast, been following these games via live stats.  Hoping @Brad_ATXsaw it live in person again today and will have the scoop.  Probably about as much to report as yesterday....finally scratched across a couple of runs, not sure how.  3 hits for the offense, pitching held TTU to just 3 hits as well.  I guess Butch moved up Joseph Gonzalez's start and it looks like he had a pretty good outing, pitched 5 complete without giving up a run and got the W.

I'm afraid this offense is going to be difficult to watch again this year...outside of the big young 'un that we got from Samford (DiChiara).

Final - Auburn 2   Texas Tech 1

• Like 1

At this time of the season, I'll take a win...pitching is usually ahead of hitting...lets hope this is true for this year...

• Like 1

we scored our runs off of walks. 2 out walk, stolen base, base hit rbi. Then back to back walks to open the inning, wild pitch, sac fly to score the second run. Our offense was bad again today

Still didn't hit worth a damn today, but pitching was stellar.  Gonzalez put in 5 very, very strong innings of work.

Sonny by far our best hitter.  Great approach at the plate.

We had one HR robbed by Tech on a stellar play, but Ware also gunned down a guy at home for us in the game, so a wash in terms of runs.

Was not expecting beat Tech.  Good chance to go 2-1 now and maybe get the offense going.  K State's pitching is pretty poor.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thru 3 today.

AU 4

K State 1

LaRue missed a grand slam in the first inning by 3 feet.  Its a homer at Plainsman Park.

LaRue with two sac flies and Brown with a 2 run single.

Bright pitching pretty well so far.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Still didn't hit worth a damn today, but pitching was stellar.  Gonzalez put in 5 very, very strong innings of work.

Sonny by far our best hitter.  Great approach at the plate.

We had one HR robbed by Tech on a stellar play, but Ware also gunned down a guy at home for us in the game, so a wash in terms of runs.

Was not expecting beat Tech.  Good chance to go 2-1 now and maybe get the offense going.  K State's pitching is pretty poor.

Gonzalez is going to be another great one for Butch,

11 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

To be fair, K State has some atrocious pitching.  They've hit 6 batters so far in just 5 innings.

Make it 8 hit batsmen now for K State pitching today.

13 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

To be fair, K State has some atrocious pitching.  They've hit 6 batters so far in just 5 innings.

It really is atrocious......I almost feel sorry for them.

On 2/20/2022 at 1:45 PM, Brad_ATX said:

Make it 8 hit batsmen now for K State pitching today.

When my son was 12 we made the obligatory trip to Field of Dreams Park for one of those weeklong tournaments in Cooperstown.  About the 4th of 5th game of bracket play, when pitching starts to show weaknesses, we ran into a serious buzzsaw (MBA Pride) and gave up 11 consecutive home runs.  A Big 12 pitching staff hitting eight batters in a game may be worse...

And yes, I typed that right, ELEVEN CONSECUTIVE.

• Sad 3