cfn sec 05 preview

TigerFreak

CFN is not very accurate in their preseason previews. Last season they predicted us to lose 3 games, with one of them being ole miss :blink::blink: .

In 2002, they picked us to finish 4th in the west, and they picked us 3rd in 2001 and 2000.

Just like everybody else, the guys they have writing about things really don't know any more than they've read in Athlon, Street & Smith's and Lindy's.

This wasn't always the most explosive attack last year

:blink:

What? Did I fall asleep and miss a season or something? What are they talking about? No, we didn't run up the score on Arizona or Baylor week after week, but we were facing some of the nations best defenses as well as shutting down some of the better offenses. And even in stiffer competition, I thought we were pretty dang explosive right when we needed to be.

I agree with the assesment that we weren't very explosive. I don't feel that we were much of a 1st and 10 score an 80 yard TD run kinda team, but rather we would manufacture TDs and be on an unstoppable march to the goal line. Effective? yes. explosive? no.

Granted there are exceptions to this opinion: Arky (the flea flicker), Ole Miss (Caddy's 48yd run), etc.

IMHO

I agree with the assesment that we weren't very explosive. I don't feel that we were much of a 1st and 10 score an 80 yard TD run kinda team, but rather we would manufacture TDs and be on an unstoppable march to the goal line. Effective? yes. explosive? no.

Granted there are exceptions to this opinion: Arky (the flea flicker), Ole Miss (Caddy's 48yd run), etc.

IMHO

169783[/snapback]

Im just gonna have to disagree. Watch the Aub vs Tenn. game....heck both of them. Auburn's offense exploded against that team. Even vs Alabama in the 2nd half, we opened it up. The only games I can think of where we werent so explosive was VTech and LSWho.

Not to give the cfn's of the world more credit than they deserve, but I'm more than a little concerned about the o-line issue too. With an entirely new, young backfiled this year, the one squad we canNOT have let us down is the o-line.

I have to disagree with them and say that our offense was very explosive. If you put up 24/31 points in the 1st half to some of the better defenses out there, then that has to say something. I mean, if we were just a ball control offense, there is no way we would score 24-31 points in a single half. :-/

Archived