So we got another recruit i see...

PChamp119

Steve Ensminger said he wants to go to Auburn. I mean I love having anyone commit to Auburn, but ummmmm we just a big commitment out of Neil. How is Steve going to take this if he doesn't get the starting roll? I mean its great to have a good backup and all, but will he stay? I see the kid transferring within 2 years. I just don't want to see a dual QB gameplan. It hasn't worked and it won't.

I doubt SE will ever see the field as anything but mop up duty, unless there is a string of injuries

From what I have heard from him is that he plans on being redshirted his first year here anyways. That will give him time to learn the offense and make the transition from high school to college football. He did take one step in the right direction when he transfered back to West Monroe in Lousiana. A high school that runs a better offense then the one he was in while at Opelika.

jeez guys....mop up duty....red shirt and start senior year...back up????

How many have ever seen Ensminger or Caudle play? Are you going by how many stars they have? These guys have not even played thier SENIOR YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL!!!!! A lot can happen between now and then. These guys are 16 and 17. Let them be. Let them sign and compete for a job before you throw them to the wolves...

How many have ever seen Ensminger or Caudle play? Are you going by how many stars they have? These guys have not even played thier SENIOR YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL!!!!! A lot can happen between now and then. These guys are 16 and 17. Let them be. Let them sign and compete for a job before you throw them to the wolves...

170659[/snapback]

Well said and WAR EAGLE! :au:

170659[/snapback]

My sentiments exactly. I've heard SE has a cannon for an arm, stronger than Caudle's. Let's see how he plays before declaring him a career benchwarmer.

Hear, hear. Bring in as many good players as you can at every position, including QB. It's a great problem to have. Ensminger knows about Caudle and vice-versa. If they were scared of the competition and not confident in their own ability to play for the Auburn Tigers, they wouldn't commit.

The folks on AUTigers are doing nothing but bashing this kid, making fun of saying that he doesn't deserve a scholarship! I'm glad it is not like this over here.

Sounds to me like this just means Borges is getting twice as much raw material to turn into a top-notch SEC quarterback. And between the two, I have every confidence that CAB will produce another winner (...IF CAB is still here then, and that might be the biggest "if" in the whole debate).

At least if Caudle & Ensminger both show up, we'll know two things:

1) They're not afraid of competition, and

2) They REALLY want to be at Auburn.

Hard to see any negatives in that :thumbsup::au:

The folks on AUTigers are doing nothing but bashing this kid, making fun of saying that he doesn't deserve a scholarship! I'm glad it is not like this over here.

170716[/snapback]

Yep. There must have been about 10-20 different threads on ITAT. Even when given the facts, several posters insisted on questioning his recruitment. As pointing earlier in this thread, we need to sit back and watch how this all plays out before coming to a rash decision.

Bashing either Ensminger or Caudle for wanting to come to the plains is just idiotic. :no::no: Think about how stupid you would look now if you had bashed carnell or ronnie a few years back for wanting to come to auburn knowing the other was there. Yes before everyone questions I know having two qb system is a lot different than a two rb system but the point is having to much talent is a problem I am sure CAB will enjoy having.

Hear, hear.  Bring in as many good players as you can at every position, including QB.  It's a great problem to have.  Ensminger knows about Caudle and vice-versa.  If they were scared of the competition and not confident in their own ability to play for the Auburn Tigers, they wouldn't commit.

170706[/snapback]

SE has already acknowledged that fact and says he welcomes the competition. And I'm sure that Caudle feels the same way. So let's rock and roll!!!

:au::homer:

Archived