Voter ID cards....

SaturdayGT

On 9/28/2022 at 10:50 PM, AURex said:

The problem is that a lot of eligible voters cannot deal with the restrictions. For example, elderly in nursing homes, people who are hospitalized, handicapped/disabled people who cannot stand in lines or deal with registration blockades, etc.

More importantly, a lot of life-long citizens do not have access to a birth certificate. That includes a LOT of people who were home-birthed many decades ago, homeless people (including veterans of Nam and more recent wars), people who have lost records due to natural disasters such as American citizens of Puerto Rico who have lost records due to natural disaster, etc. Native Americans and other indigenous peoples who do not have access to registration sites or don't have the required paperwork -- the list goes on and on.

These laws are intentionally designed to limit access to voting by U.S. citizens who ought to be able to vote, but are more likely to vote for Democratic candidates.

My mother was never able to vote because she was home-birthed and did not have a hospital-issued birth certificate.

Did she ever get Social Security or Medicare?  You don't have to have a hospital issued birth certificate to register to vote.

Make voting days national holidays and issue every citizen a free ID to vote with. Boom. Problem solved.

• Like 2

On 9/25/2022 at 11:28 PM, autigeremt said:

Showing a photo ID in general (Drivers License, etc.) is fine by me. I already have to in AL. 

I just voted in Maryland and offered my ID and the polling official indicated she did not need to see my ID for me to vote. She had my information available to her based on giving my name. Seems to me anyone could have walked up, given my name, and voted in my stead.  Lack of ID requirement opens up real potential for voter fraud, albeit problems associated with mail in ballots are likely more troublesome.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2022 at 8:02 AM, TuscaloosaTiger said:

I just voted in Maryland and offered my ID and the polling official indicated she did not need to see my ID for me to vote. She had my information available to her based on giving my name. Seems to me anyone could have walked up, given my name, and voted in my stead.  Lack of ID requirement opens up real potential for voter fraud, albeit problems associated with mail in ballots are likely more troublesome.

They know who you are.  It is encoded in the chip that was put into your body with the COVID vaccine.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

They know who you are.  It is encoded in the chip that was put into your body with the COVID vaccine.

Yes, in Maryland they probably do know who I am one way or the other. I doubt nothing up here when it comes to the Big Government.

2 minutes ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

Yes, in Maryland they probably do know who I am one way or the other. I doubt nothing up here when it comes to the Big Government.

Q = Truth

Yeah "big government".  How do you measure the size of government?

• Facepalm 1

On 11/11/2022 at 10:23 AM, icanthearyou said:

Q = Truth

Yeah "big government".  How do you measure the size of government?

You know that's a really good question.

How about the Deficit / population. So 31T/310.7M = $99,784.20 per citizen.

1 minute ago, creed said:

You know that's a really good question.

How about the Deficit / population. So 31T/310.7M = $99,784.20 per citizen.

The efforts to make government "smaller" through privatization of government functions has fueled money in government, corruption, the most expensive government imaginable.

We have cut government employment (per capita measure) since the mid 1950's.  All that has done is drive the cost of government to unimaginable levels.  That debt burden is real.  It is an insidious tax on the the lower, middle classes.  Worse, it is theft from future generations who will get no vote on the sacrifices they will have to make in order to deal with it.

What his this debt really achieved?  I would say very little other than an over class.