If it makes anybody feel any better

AUght2win

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I definitely agree Deion would be a hard sell if discussing him means we devolve into a fox/msnbc debate. Otherwise, I think we’d have a shot if we went all in (and that doesn’t mean financially).

I disagree with just about everything Bruce says politically on Twitter. As long as he keeps winning he can say what he wants and I won’t care, still love the guy!

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol ok. You show me where the only definition of that word is political then I'll apologise

The burden of proof is actually on you to demonstrate what you were intending to say with it. Maybe you meant “out of touch” or “tone deaf”. Which has nothing to do with the word “progressive”. 

The word itself means to show progress. In politics, it means to support an (very subjective) overall progressive societal change. Particularly things like gender, pay scale, and racial issues.

It’s basically ONLY used politically these days, and given the context of what you wrote, it makes no sense if you didn’t mean it politically. 

• Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

You literally assumed he was talking about politics when others absolutely knew he wasn't. It is about culture, social constructs. Now you are defensive AF, which is why I said initially people don't have the mental or emotions to talk about such a subject.

Okay, so you indeed were talking about progressive in the political sense. “Social constructs”. Makes sense now. If you’re gonna say that stuff, it is what it is. But it’s certainly a political issue.

• Facepalm 1

25 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

And on a follow up comment Didba said Auburn was more conservative. In fairness to AUght2win, when you start using those words together, its hard not to assume its political

Yeah, that's my bad

• Like 2

It’s very simple. It starts with recruiting. You want recruiting fixed? hire Deion Sanders. I’d be willing to bet he can coach them up just fine. 

Edited by aubie57
  • Like 2

Just now, AUght2win said:

Okay, so you indeed were talking about progressive in the political sense. “Social constructs”. Makes sense now. If you’re gonna say that stuff, it is what it is. But it’s certainly a political issue.

No I never said anything about progressiveness. But I also understand someone can be considered progressive and it has nothing to do with politics. I don't know why you want to be so black or white, but whatever man. Not going to keep arguing with you about it.

Just now, aubie57 said:

It’s very simple. It starts with recruiting. You want recruiting fixed, hire Deion Sanders. I’d be willing to bet he can coach them up just fine. 

I willing to bet he can hire the right people to coach them up.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, DAG said:

No I never said anything about progressiveness. But I also understand someone can be considered progressive and it has nothing to do with politics. I don't know why you want to be so black or white, but whatever man. Not going to keep arguing with you about it.

Name an example.

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

You literally assumed he was talking about politics when others absolutely knew he wasn't. It is about culture, social constructs. Now you are defensive AF, which is why I said initially people don't have the mental or emotions to talk about such a subject.

It's kind of about politics but also kinda not about politics, you are correct for the most part but politics always leers its head when discussion of socioeconomic backgrounds and culture get brought up. Its too much to explain in a quick post, I shouldn't have made my post I guess.

• Like 2

Just now, AUght2win said:

Name an example.

I had an employee introduce purposeful rounding and bed side shift report during our shared governance and I said that is very progressive of you. She was forward thinking in introducing a new method in providing better patient outcomes in a very inclusive way with the patients. It went against the usually sacred cows of shift report at the nursing station and simply laying eyes on patients. That had nothing to do with her politics. 

• Like 2

Just now, Didba said:

It's kind of about politics but also kinda not about politics, you are correct for the most part but politics always leers its head when discussion of socioeconomic backgrounds and culture get brought up. Its too much to explain in a quick post, I shouldn't have made my post I guess.

For you maybe. But Cole literally just said his statement was not about politics. 

Just now, DAG said:

For you maybe. But Cole literally just said his statement was not about politics. 

I agree his intent or my points was not even in his mind a political realm but other people will insinuate, assume, and infer when this type of stuff comes up. It's unfortunate.

• Like 1

Just now, Didba said:

I agree his intent or my points was not even in his mind a political realm but other people will insinuate, assume, and infer when this type of stuff comes up. It's unfortunate.

And that is exactly why I said what I said originally.

• Like 2

Just now, DAG said:

And that is exactly why I said what I said originally.

I know and the 3 pages are exactly why I tried to retract my statement and move on.  Your point was spot on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I had an employee introduce purposeful rounding and bed side shift report during our shared governance and I said that is very progressive of you. She was forward thinking in introducing a new method in providing better patient outcomes in a very inclusive way with the patients. It went against the usually sacred cows of shift report at the nursing station and simply laying eyes on patients. That had nothing to do with her politics. 

Unless this rounding was the result of a gradual, ongoing process then that’s a misuse of the word. Innovative? Creative? Unorthodox? New? Thoughtful? All those could apply. Not “progressive”. 

714AC219-3DD7-4C2A-B3FB-67E1A959A1BA.thumb.jpeg.589721acd686573646daaf30a4a9379b.jpeg

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Unless this rounding was the result of a gradual, ongoing process then that’s a misuse of the word. Innovative? Creative? Unorthodox? New? Thoughtful? All those could apply. Not “progressive”. 

714AC219-3DD7-4C2A-B3FB-67E1A959A1BA.thumb.jpeg.589721acd686573646daaf30a4a9379b.jpeg

giphy.gif.1f6ef59e7f9af70d3d71156b37887e5f.gif

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

You’re not wrong, Didba. Cole misused a word (I think). Which is totally fine and no big deal. But it isn’t other people’s fault for expecting folks to know what their words mean.

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

No it is not man. She literally was doing what the first definition says. She formulated a PICOT question, she solidified it by utilizing Purdue's owl model in accumulating EBP for foundation, then she presented it to the governing body for implementation. Stop it bro. It is okay to say " I assumed." That is literally happening or developing in stages.

Edited by DAG

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

You’re not wrong, Didba. Cole misused a word (I think). Which is totally fine and no big deal. But it isn’t other people’s fault for expecting folks to know what their words mean.

He technically didn't, imo, y'all are both right.  Words can have many definitions. He was speaking to progressiveness specifically to race/socioeconomic backgrounds, not in the traditional Rep v Dem, Left v Right, Blue v Red, etc, sense of the word. Both are fine, imo.

Edited by Didba

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

No it is not man. She literally was doing what the first definition says. She formulated a PICOT question, she solidified it by utilizing Purdue's owl model in accumulating EBP for foundation, then she presented it to the governing body for implementation. Stop it bro. It is okay to say " I assumed." That is literally happening or developing in stages.

It’s also okay to say “I don’t know what a word means”.

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

OMG I am done with this dude lol

asdf.gif

Edited by Didba