If it makes anybody feel any better

AUght2win

1 minute ago, Viper said:

Then why did he interview for three P5 programs last off-season?

No clue. Goes back to nobody knowing what Deion’s motives are. Like Didba said, he has publicly said he wants to elevate HBCUs. But you’re saying he’s already interviewed at P5 jobs. And then, I think the family aspect is also a big deal. 

The world is Deion’s oyster. He’s a SUPERSTAR with a ton of interests. He’s released rap albums. He’s had his own reality TV shows. He’s been a spokesperson for all kinds of companies. He has started his own prep schools. He’s done a ton of TV and radio work for the NFL. He even spent a season as an assistant pro woman’s basketball coach.

He can do literally anything he wants in life. Is he going to fully commit every waking hour to the adversity and grind of SEC football when there are literally a million other easier, more fun things to do? 

I’d be extremely skeptical. 

29 minutes ago, woodford said:

If you would've told me 5 years ago that we would be arguing about whether or not Auburn should hire Deion Sanders as HC I would've called you crazy lol we live in wild times

Once Auburn made a Final Four in basketball I knew anything was possible.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Didba said:

More kids transferred to HBCUs this season than ever before. Media have pointed to Sanders as one reason.

Now this is where an African American understands a bit more about this particular topic, but people would get upset if you tried to explain it

• Like 2

Just now, cole256 said:

Ahhh I see the problem now. You are off at where you think our brand is at the time

Yeah our brand is atrocious outside of WASPs.

Just now, cole256 said:

Now this is where an African American understands a bit more about this particular topic, but people would get upset if you tried to explain it

Well this young white dude would love to hear it. Seriously.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Then it’s a moot point because if that’s his genuine desire, he isn’t going anywhere.

This is where I am at. He is invested in coaching his sons and a huge ambassador for the HBCU schools. He seems to be enjoying that a lot. Like I mentioned in a previous post would be shocked if he left as there seems to be more stuff in he wants to get accomplished 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

This is where I am at. He is invested in coaching his sons and a huge ambassador for the HBCU schools. He seems to be enjoying that a lot. Like I mentioned in a previous post would be shocked if he left as there seems to be more stuff in he wants to get accomplished 

Still gotta shoot your shot, dawg, but I acknowledge this issue could be a no go sitaution.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1

Nobody wants to talk on it because it's about race so let's ignore it, but right now Auburn is in a very bad spot as how it's viewed with African Americans on the recruiting scene. Since this has started this program has been going lower and lower. Before saban got to bammer Auburn was viewed as the more progressive of the two schools.....That's flipped now

Need somebody who can repair and fix it. This school's brand is as low as I've ever seen it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, e808 said:

U are right can’t limit yourself. Gotta let him decide

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Nobody wants to talk on it because it's about race so let's ignore it, but right now Auburn is in a very bad spot as how it's viewed with African Americans on the recruiting scene. Since this has started this program has been going lower and lower. Before saban got to bammer Auburn was viewed as the more progressive of the two schools.....That's flipped now

Need somebody who can repair and fix it. This school's brand is as low as I've ever seen it

Auburn is definitely the more conservative school now which just blows my mind.  I have a fraternity brother at Alabama law who is this smart goofy, Indian guy. What he has told me about the progressiveness and inclusiveness there has been night and day to what I experienced in undergrad

15 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

No clue. Goes back to nobody knowing what Deion’s motives are. Like Didba said, he has publicly said he wants to elevate HBCUs. But you’re saying he’s already interviewed at P5 jobs. And then, I think the family aspect is also a big deal. 

The world is Deion’s oyster. He’s a SUPERSTAR with a ton of interests. He’s released rap albums. He’s had his own reality TV shows. He’s been a spokesperson for all kinds of companies. He has started his own prep schools. He’s done a ton of TV and radio work for the NFL. He even spent a season as an assistant pro woman’s basketball coach.

He can do literally anything he wants in life. Is he going to fully commit every waking hour to the adversity and grind of SEC football when there are literally a million other easier, more fun things to do? 

I’d be extremely skeptical. 

Maybe that’s why he wasn’t offered. Who knows. 

https://247sports.com/Article/Deion-Sanders-interviewed-for-three-Power-Five-jobs-discusses-NFL-Florida-State-interest-182727862/

"I interviewed for three Power Five jobs. I should’ve got em," Sanders said. "I was very, very, very good I may say in the interviews. In one of the interviews, I was so darn good, the guy asked me when could I start. ‘When can you really start?’ I told him when it was possible and they went in another direction. I wasn’t upset. That just means that God needed me to continue to be at Jackson State."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Moderators right now

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Didba said:

Auburn is definitely the more conservative school now which just blows my mind.  I have a fraternity brother at Alabama law who is this smart goofy, Indian guy. What he has told me about the progressiveness and inclusiveness there has been night and day to what I experienced in undergrad

This thread is about to get all the way off the rails.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with the 6 national titles Alabama has won under Nick Saban since 2009.

5* guy really want a progressive and inclusive environment for 3-4 years.....that will catapult them into the NFL lmao

If we want Deion, you get Barkley, Bo, and Pearl coffee’d up - send them on the 12 min flight to Jax St.  And make it happen. To a personality type like him, taking on Saban and Kirby in their own backyard would probably juice him up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, woodford said:

I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with the 6 national titles Alabama has won under Nick Saban since 2009.

5* guy really want a progressive and inclusive environment for 3-4 years.....that will catapult them into the NFL lmao

You are at a point where you don't even know what you are arguing lol. It's great. Yeah saban won titles so people decided to say Auburn isn't as progressive

I know that's really how you think too. I'm a football player so I don't have any concerns about how I'm treated 😂

Edited by cole256
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

14 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

200 (1).gif

It’s a good conversation to have but people aren’t mentally or emotionally there on this forum for it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

It’s a good conversation to have but people aren’t mentally or emotionally there on this forum for it. 

It's literally what's screwing us in recruiting lol. You can't tell some of these guys anything. Then next year when I say yeah I told everybody this people will get mad at that lol. 

But anyway.....We need somebody that can fix it.....it's more important than being happy a guy was a tight end coach in the sec for 2 years lol

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So how about letting us know why this is, or what Auburn has done to create this situation. I'm all ears. 

26 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

This thread is about to get all the way off the rails.

oooh, good point, I'll clam up

25 minutes ago, woodford said:

I was speaking to the university as a whole.