If it makes anybody feel any better

AUght2win

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's literally what's screwing us in recruiting lol. You can't tell some of these guys anything. Then next year when I say yeah I told everybody this people will get mad at that lol. 

But anyway.....We need somebody that can fix it.....it's more important than being happy a guy was a tight end coach in the sec for 2 years lol

I hear ya on that big time 

2 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

So how about letting us know why this is, or what Auburn has done to create this situation. I'm all ears. 

Cannot be explained in a short post tbh, best not to get into it like @DAG said

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

It’s a good conversation to have but people aren’t mentally or emotionally there on this forum for it. 

Or maybe it’s a bit of a reach to say Auburn football is suffering because it isn’t as *insert political party affiliation* as *said political party supporter* wants it to be.

If you want to argue Harsin can’t connect with black Southern kids I 100% agree. That isn’t politics. Let’s not make it something it isn’t.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Or maybe it’s a bit of a reach to say Auburn football is suffering because it isn’t as *insert political party affiliation* as *said political party supporter* wants it to be.

If you want to argue Harsin can’t connect with black Southern kids I 100% agree. That isn’t politics. Let’s not make it something it isn’t.

We weren't even speaking to politics, but please let's just drop it. Not the forum. It was my bad to ask Cole about it. I knew what it might lead to.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

To a personality type like him, taking on Saban and Kirby in their own backyard would probably juice him up. 

Exactly what I’ve said. He thrives on competition. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

How is that any different than what Cole just said . One is okay to say but not the other ? That makes no sense man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

How is that any different than what Cole just said . One is okay to say but not the other ? That makes no sense man.

It’s not, it’s just not an issue of “progressiveness”. That word is entirely political and it doesn’t apply. We have an issue of connection with a coach that can’t relate racially and socio-economically. It isn’t about conservative or progressive.

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

It’s not, it’s just not an issue of “progressiveness”. That word is entirely political and it doesn’t apply. We have an issue of connection with a coach that can’t relate racially and socio-economically. It isn’t about conservative or progressive.

That is not what I am even talking about but okay lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Nobody said or even mentioned a political party. Nobody mentioned politics, but you did prove a point, when somebody already have their mind made up not only will they not listen they'll hear what they want to hear

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DAG said:

My bad, I may be getting mixed up. I agree with what Cole is saying in terms of the issue of connection, just not the buzz word of “progressive”, basically. I’ve thought this has been a problem from even the Malzahn days. But he didn’t seem to have any real connection issues.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I didn't even know progressive was opposite to conservative, I thought people said liberal lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Nobody said or even mentioned a political party. Nobody mentioned politics, but you did prove a point, when somebody already have their mind made up not only will they not listen they'll hear what they want to hear

Bro you said “progressive”. 

Again, I understand the Deion Sanders love on here. He'd be a slam dunk hire due to his immense charisma, which leads to great recruiting and is an additional draw for experienced assistants, but there's no way he comes to Auburn. 

I don't think the higher-ups send him an offer, nor do I think he'd accept anything other than FSU. Hell, that's his alma mater, as well as a much easier path to success.

Edited by HabitualChiller
  • Sad 1

Just now, AUght2win said:

My bad, I may be getting mixed up. I agree with what Cole is saying in terms of the issue of connection, just not the buzz word of “progressive”, basically. I’ve thought this has been a problem from even the Malzahn days. But he didn’t seem to have any real connection issues.

You could have easily just have talked to me instead of doing the passive aggressive thing. I was talking about how before saban in the African American community people would say stuff like Auburn will let a black guy play QB and stuff like that and auburn was viewed as being more progressive. 

You get way to triggered about some stuff when a simple conversation would alleviate confusion

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

And on a follow up comment Didba said Auburn was more conservative. In fairness to AUght2win, when you start using those words together, its hard not to assume its political

Edited by KansasTiger
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, KansasTiger said:

And on a follow up comment Didba said Auburn was more conservative. In fairness to AUght2win, when you start using those words together, its hard not to assume its political

Well there is a saying about assumptions...my mom is conservative with her money. That doesn't make her a republican. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Lol ok. You show me where the only definition of that word is political then I'll apologise

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well there is a saying about assumptions...my mom is conservative with her money. That doesn't make her a republican. 

Well if Didba meant Auburn is more frugal, then I apologize...

• Haha 3

Just now, KansasTiger said:

Well if Didba meant Auburn is more frugal, then I apologize...

You don't have to apologize. My point is we should seek clarification before assuming. We all could get better at it including myself.

• Love 2

2 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

When 2 different people use 2 different words "together" 😂 ok. 

Then when I the person who said the word literally say I wasn't talking about a political group there's nothing to argue about. In all fairness to everybody

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

That’s a horrible comparison. I didn’t assume anything. It was what was written. I’m not taking the blame for other people misusing words.

14 minutes ago, HabitualChiller said:

Again, I understand the Deion Sanders love on here. He'd be a slam dunk hire due to his immense charisma, which leads to great recruiting and is an additional draw for experienced assistants, but there's no way he comes to Auburn. 

I don't think the higher-ups send him an offer, nor do I think he'd accept anything other than FSU. Hell, that's his alma mater, as well as a much easier path to success.

I’ve been told on here that we won’t be in desperation mode this time around (re: where TWill would be our best bet) but I’ll believe it when I see it. Our schedule is a massive deterrent.

Edited by AUwent

8 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

That’s a horrible comparison. I didn’t assume anything. It was what was written. I’m not taking the blame for other people misusing words.

You literally assumed he was talking about politics when others absolutely knew he wasn't. It is about culture, social constructs. Now you are defensive AF, which is why I said initially people don't have the mental or emotions to talk about such a subject.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

I definitely agree Deion would be a hard sell if discussing him means we devolve into a fox/msnbc debate. Otherwise, I think we’d have a shot if we went all in (and that doesn’t mean financially).

• Like 2