If it makes anybody feel any better

AUght2win

5 hours ago, DAG said:

That is the biggest opposite of anything JABA man come on. 

When you consider most want him because he's in an AFLAC commercial with the GCOAT...yeah, that's about as JABA as you can get..

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, Hay Field 101 said:

I am not here to argue with you about whos right and wrong. That was in my second sentence of my original post. I don't need to be or want to be the champion of the watercooler or message board. My simple opinion is that no matter the price no man worth his salt  should be "ok"  with  a failure shank hung around his neck. If being rich and a know looser and failure is ok with you than so be it. That "ok I failed and took their money" should eat at every mans gut if he is a true leader and winner. Its all yours sir have a wonderful Sunday.

K. U as well

3 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

When you consider most want him because he's in an AFLAC commercial with the GCOAT...yeah, that's about as JABA as you can get..

I don't think any individual seriously wants him solely because of that.

• Love 2

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

Clearly you don't understand his impact

He would be a dynamite recruiter..but I'd like to see his on-the-field resume grow a little.  

Edited by Swamp Eagle

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

I'm sure there's a few more reasons than that. We just need to be sure the right qualifiers are in place, not just the trendy hire.

Edited by Swamp Eagle
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

No, that is not the reason most people want him, are you trolling?

I guess some don’t see our situation as screwed up as I do.  If you think we simply need a solid/proven hire with sec roots - a sabanite, fall from grace guy, up and comer, ect. - and do a traditional search. Have at it. 

iMO the Mark Richt days are gone - Ga recruiting no longer exists for us. It was impacting Gus. We’ve got to take it back. Check our basketball roster and how we’ve succeeded with or without bama being a force.

I think our situation requires we think way beyond traditional. Otherwise, see you again in 3 years.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

The burden of proof is actually on you to demonstrate what you were intending to say with it. Maybe you meant “out of touch” or “tone deaf”. Which has nothing to do with the word “progressive”. 

The word itself means to show progress. In politics, it means to support an (very subjective) overall progressive societal change. Particularly things like gender, pay scale, and racial issues.

It’s basically ONLY used politically these days, and given the context of what you wrote, it makes no sense if you didn’t mean it politically. 

Nah it's no burden of proof. Like I said instead of ignoring me then making a post you could have just asked me. Instead dag stepped in and we still got there but once I told you that 's what it is. There's no need for you to try to argue after I said what I meant.

I went into detail and explained it and I didn't have to do that, but I did in respect for you. This don't have to be an argument, I'm just saying talk to me before jumping to conclusions. Nothing to have an ego about

• Like 1
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Hahahaha 🤣 if that's the reason you think we want him oh boy, you gotta alot of reading to do. 😂😂

1 hour ago, DAG said:

You don't have to apologize. My point is we should seek clarification before assuming. We all could get better at it including myself.

Words so simple yet one of the Hardest things to do nowadays man and it so sad to see. 🙃

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DAG said:

You don't have to apologize. My point is we should seek clarification before assuming. We all could get better at it including myself.

For goodness sake, you guys should just get a room and have a big ole hug..😂

Edited by Swamp Eagle

14 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

For goodness sake, you guys should just get a room and have a big ole hug..😂

A little bit of a struggle for you today. It’s okay. 

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

You were let down when Malzahn's first team won the SEC championship and nearly won the national championship? You have some might high expectations.

I do have high expectations. After Chizik took Auburn to the bcs national championship in 2010 what happened after that?  The program went into the dumpster. After Malzahn took the the team to the championship in 2013 what happened after that? Year after year of mediocrity. I want an AD who can unite the AU family and bring in a head coach who is capable of making and keeping Auburn a force to reckon with.

11 hours ago, zeroforwinger said:

Yeah what a letdown it was to go the national championship game the season after going 3-9 🙄

No! The letdown was watching Malzahn go 7-5, 8-4 and rarely win a bowl game. That's what let me down.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Just to spite you, that is now and will forever be my sole reason for wanting him.

#birdsofafeather

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

He would be a dynamite recruiter..but I'd like to see his on-the-field resume grow a little.  

Not sure if you have looked at his existing staff at JSU but I was very surprised at the experience level he has , especially at that level.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

Personally, if I'm the athletic director at Auburn it were to fall to me to hire a new football coach I would have one guy at the top of my list, and that would be Luke Fickell. His resume is arguably the best in the country who is not currently coaching at what one would call a blue blood program. True, he's never coached in the SEC, but neither had Nick Saban, or Urban Meyer before they took over SEC programs. I would go all in to try to hire this guy, but that's just me. 

I have to agree, I like Fickell too. 

• Like 1

On 9/25/2022 at 10:29 AM, jptiger said:

I’d take Malzahn back tomorrow rather  than the current setup. And I wasn’t a Malzahn guy. 

at least  he can recruit in the SEC areas

• Like 1