If it makes anybody feel any better

AUght2win

3 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

And for the record, I'm not anti-Prime just hesitant. I do believe you have to at least kick the tires with Deion to show that you're at least trying as a program.

There's also the possibility of him not being a good fit. Might be that Atlanta is a better fit for Prime.

My rebuttal to that is we’re already at ground zero and the next hire isn’t a guarantee, regardless if it’s Freeze, another nobody or someone in between.

If Prime is willing to interview, you listen to his plan. If you agree, you offer and don’t look back.

If it doesn’t work, I’m sure Freeze will still be perched in Lynchburg, VA.

1 minute ago, Viper said:

My rebuttal to that is we’re already at ground zero and the next hire isn’t a guarantee, regardless if it’s Freeze, another nobody or someone in between.

If Prime is willing to interview, you listen to his plan. If you agree, you offer and don’t look back.

If it doesn’t work, I’m sure Freeze will still be perched in Lynchburg, VA.

Agreed. I am warming up to him as a candidate but ideally, I'd rather see him as an OC or at least see what he can do on the big stage. 

The guy is a meme. And I love memes. Maybe it could work.

Just now, AUght2win said:

Well I’m considering the source. If you’re disagreeing with what I say, it’s a very good indicator I’m right.

I see what you are trying to do and I'm not doing it 😂 

1 minute ago, woodford said:

Agreed. I am warming up to him as a candidate but ideally, I'd rather see him as an OC or at least see what he can do on the big stage. 

I would definitely hold an interview if he’s interested. But he’d have to absolutely knock my socks off.

Look, Deion got into coaching to coach his son - which he’s done from high school up to this day. I’ll be shocked if he’s still coaching in 5 years. Not because he’s fired. But because he’s got a million options and will lose interest.

I don’t think coaching is a passion for Deion. It’s a hobby. When his son’s out of the picture and he’s not seeing his family as much, it may wear off.

10 minutes ago, Didba said:

he turned Jax State around in one season right? To say he has no resume at all is disingenuous.

Jackson State is an HBCU at the FCS level. They don’t even play in the playoffs. I’m not saying he strictly can’t coach. I’m saying there’s no evidence he can coach at Auburn.

We JUST learned that a guy’s success in the Mountain West, while even occasionally beating P5 teams on the field and for recruits, didn’t translate. Why would we reach to an even lower tier of football for our next guy?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I would definitely hold an interview if he’s interested. But he’d have to absolutely knock my socks off.

Look, Deion got into coaching to coach his son - which he’s done from high school up to this day. I’ll be shocked if he’s still coaching in 5 years. Not because he’s fired. But because he’s got a million options and will lose interest.

I don’t think coaching is a passion for Deion. It’s a hobby. When his son’s out of the picture and he’s not seeing his family as much, it may wear off.

Legitimate reasons to be concerned. Get your ass handed to you Saban and Kirby a few times and coaching won't be as fun anymore.

If he were stay for 3 years or so, but totally restocked the roster, I'd be ok with that.

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Jackson State is an HBCU at the FCS level. They don’t even play in the playoffs. I’m not saying he strictly can’t coach. I’m saying there’s no evidence he can coach at Auburn.

We JUST learned that a guy’s success in the Mountain West, while even occasionally beating P5 teams on the field and for recruits, didn’t translate. Why would we reach to an even lower tier of football for our next guy?

He can recruit, bring in NFL coaches, and he has potential to be huge in the next 5 years whenever he makes the jump to D1

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, woodford said:

I see Prime more as an organizer, delegator & tutor, like Saban, rather than a play-caller.

Steal Grimes or Monken away to call plays and it’s a grand slam hire.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I disagree with your opinion, that may have been how he got into coaching but he has made it clear he wants to raise up HBCUs

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

He can recruit, bring in NFL coaches, and he has potential to be huge in the next 5 years whenever he makes the jump to D1

Yeah. Potential. That’s Auburn’s problem. We hire penny-stock coaches. Chizik was unproven - but had potential! Malzahn was unproven - but had potential! Even Harsin was unproven at a P5 and in the SEC - but he had potential!

I know it’s not always easy, but it’d be nice to hire someone who we aren’t rolling the dice on as much. LSU - Brian Kelly was proven as a P5 HC. MSU - Mike Leach was proven as a P5 HC. Alabama - Saban was proven as a P5 HC. TAMU - Jimbo was proven as a P5 HC. 

We have the money and the brand power to get a guy who is a proven P5 HC. Are we organized enough to do that? No idea. But that’s what I want. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Didba said:

I disagree with your opinion, that may have been how he got into coaching but he has made it clear he wants to raise up HBCUs

Then it’s a moot point because if that’s his genuine desire, he isn’t going anywhere.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Then why did he interview for three P5 programs last off-season?

• Like 1

Just now, AUght2win said:

Then it’s a moot point because if that’s his genuine desire, he isn’t going anywhere.

Agreed, its an issue.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Didba said:

By kicking the s*** out of all the rest of them? lmao

19 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Now you are literally just making stuff up, but you are running with it

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Yeah. Potential. That’s Auburn’s problem. We hire penny-stock coaches. Chizik was unproven - but had potential! Malzahn was unproven - but had potential! Even Harsin was unproven at a P5 and in the SEC - but he had potential!

I know it’s not always easy, but it’d be nice to hire someone who we aren’t rolling the dice on as much. LSU - Brian Kelly was proven as a P5 HC. MSU - Mike Leach was proven as a P5 HC. Alabama - Saban was proven as a P5 HC. TAMU - Jimbo was proven as a P5 HC. 

We have the money and the brand power to get a guy who is a proven P5 HC. Are we organized enough to do that? No idea. But that’s what I want. 

I agree with this too.  I acknowledge that Sanders isn't a perfect hire but I don't think we are gonna get one, unfortunately. 

24 minutes ago, woodford said:

An oc? 😂

We’d go from being the punch line in a joke to the sexiest, ESPN discussed destination in America. In 5 mins. National television weekly. Aspiring top tier coordinators clamoring to get here. Recruits….. dear lord.

Yes the logic is superficial, but so is college football today.  And as has been said, Prime is just a winner.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, woodford said:

By kicking the s*** out of all the rest of them? lmao

More kids transferred to HBCUs this season than ever before. Media have pointed to Sanders as one reason.

1 minute ago, Didba said:

I agree with this too.  I acknowledge that Sanders isn't a perfect hire but I don't think we are gonna get one, unfortunately. 

There aren't any perfect hires. There never is as far as coaches. That's what make this so hilarious

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Ahhh I see the problem now. You are off at where you think our brand is at the time

• Like 2