Athletic Director

AUgrad2013

12 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

You literally asked me who I thought we could get. Throw money at those guys and they would come. Cristobal was coming here last search before we screwed that up. Brian Kelly was never thought to leave Notte Dame before LSU threw all that money his way. Again, it’s realistic if we decide to throw money. Also, all of those coaches have better resumes than Freeze. Also, none of them are scumbags like Freeze, so that automatically makes them much better. But you do you guy, support a POS mediocre coach…

LMAO

So you truly believe in your mind someone like Kyle Whittingham would leave Utah, a place he has been at since 1994 for Auburn? He is a completely west coast guy. Played football at BYU. He is not coming to Auburn. 

Also, he is a Mormon for you guys talking about FIT. 

You also said half of those guys are better coaches than Hugh Freeze.

Why is Demeco Ryans ( the current DC of the 49ers) a better college head coach than Hugh Freeze? What is is coaching record?

Edited by DAG

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

LMAO

So you truly believe in your mind someone like Kyle Whittingham would leave Utah, a place he has been at since 1994 for Auburn? He is a completely west coast guy. Played football at BYU. He is not coming to Auburn. 

Why is Demeco Ryans ( the current DC of the 49ers) a better college head coach than Hugh Freeze? What is is coaching record?

So by your logic was Gus a better hire than Kirby? Because this is the same argument used against hiring him in 2012.

You're completely right, however, that Aranda is not coming here. Wish people would get that out of their heads.

Edited by AUwent

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

So by your logic was Gus a better hire than Kirby? Because this is the same argument used against hiring him in 2012.

I don't think he was a better hire as I wanted CKS. However, I wouldn't have said CKS was a better coach than Gus at that time either. There is no way I could say some crap like that, as he never was a HC.

For instance I think Deion Sanders is a better hire than Jeff Grimes. However, you do not hear me saying he is a better X and O guy than Grimes. There is no way possible I could say such a thing., 

Edited by DAG

16 minutes ago, cbo said:

The OP might have been poorly worded, but it obviously was a prediction on AD, based on the first sentence. 

Some of ya'll should take a pause and think before you lose it. We are on the internet here.  

Fair point. I deleted a couple of my “edgier” posts.  Obviously almost all OPs seem to mutate into a next coach discussion these days. And Freeze talk is…. polarizing.

Ill up my meds😎 

• Love 1

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

LMAO

Also, he is a Mormon for you guys talking about FIT. 

That’s true, he hasn’t been a head coach, but I believe he would do as good or a better job than Freeze. Again, I ask, what’s this infatuation with Freeze? He’s not good. And what blows my mind is that you don’t care anything about what he has done and continues to do, and that’s all I need to know about your lack of judgment…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

Fair point. I deleted a couple of my “edgier” posts.  Obviously almost all OPs seem to mutate into a next coach discussion these days. And Freeze talk is…. polarizing.

Ill up my meds😎 

I liked Freeze at first. Then I read about his recent behavior. The guy just doesn't get it.

Then I thought about the type of people and "leaders" that are drawn to Liberty. 

It's a no from me. 

• Like 3

Just now, Auburnguy101 said:

That’s true, he hasn’t been a head coach, but I believe he would do as good or a better job than Freeze. Again, I ask, what’s this infatuation with Freeze? He’s not good. And what blows my mind is that you don’t care anything about what he has done and continues to do, and that’s all I need to know about your lack of judgment…

You could refer to several of my other posts, detailing my thoughts on the coaching carousel with ACTUALLY points of debate. Not going to keep repeating it and luckily I don't lose sleep over what some random thinks about me.

Just now, cbo said:

I liked Freeze at first. Then I read about his recent behavior. The guy just doesn't get it.

Then I thought about the type of people and "leaders" that are drawn to Liberty. 

It's a no from me. 

Exactly. He’s the perfect coach for that school, which tells you everything you need to know about him…

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DAG said:

You could refer to several of my other posts, detailing my thoughts on the coaching carousel with ACTUALLY points of debate. Not going to keep repeating it and luckily I don't lose sleep over what some random thinks about me.

That’s good because I feel the same way, could care less what you think. At least for myself,  I care about morals and ethics and don’t stoop so low into defending a guy like Freeze, so you do you…

Just now, Auburnguy101 said:

could care less what you think.

So you do care? Let me let you go, man hahaha

Just now, DAG said:

So you do care? Let me let you go, man hahaha

Sorry long day with patients, English is sub par. So I don’t care what you think. Goodnight and tell Freeze to stay at Liberty, we don’t need him to taint our school…

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, cbo said:

It's a no from me. 

Freeze’s time came and left. He’s hopelessly broken, a walking time bomb, and even in a best case/no probation/no scandal scenario (happy land):  imo he’s a very tired name and a 8-9 win guy. He won’t change the uga/bama recruiting dynamic.  Its not 2015.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Auburnguy101 said:

All you have to do is research what he did at Ole Miss and what he did this past summer. DMing a sexual abuse victim and trying to intimidate her is beyond pathetic and perverted. He has no morals and has not learned anything since he left Ole Miss. He’s at the perfect place for him, a sham of a university who hides behind a religion to mask their true identity…

Ok thanks 

6 hours ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Sorry long day with patients, English is sub par. So I don’t care what you think. Goodnight and tell Freeze to stay at Liberty, we don’t need him to taint our school…

AFC62A9B-21D8-41DE-A20A-978AA10AC68D.gif

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, AUgrad2013 said:

Per Al.com auburn just hired a “senior athletics director for compliance”. 

Not being familiar with the inner workings of an athletic department, it seems like this is the type of position an AD would want input in, or am I wrong?

• Like 2

I like Freeze (don't care about his personal life) but his baggage is too much for Auburn at the moment and I think our crony a$$ SEC commissioner said he didn't want him or something? Idk

It would've been cool had Gus brought him in as OC and let him get acquainted with the SEC again so he could segue into HC a little easier.

• Like 1

I really don't understand the logic of Freeze. This guy was made into a punchline and ran out of the SEC and it doesn't seem like he has completely controlled his impulses since. He did a good job at Ole Miss, but he had to cheat to do it. This guy is a handicap coming in with high school coaches and parents. He's very easy to negatively recruit against and aren't we a little tired of wowie-neato shortcut schemes by now? If this guy is brought in, he's a booster puppet and we're probably more or less back in the Malzahn era, which isn't AS bad as where we are now, but it's not where I want Auburn's ceiling at either. 

10 hours ago, Auburnguy101 said:

there comes a point where you have to draw a line about morality and ethics

No, there's not.  If Urban wants to come on board you welcome him with open arms and a fat stack of NIL cash.  Freeze I wouldn't put above 4th or 5th on my list though, but it has less to do with his "morality" and more to do with his style of offense.  He would still be a major upgrade over anything we've had since 2017 though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Lol, because Auburn is known to always take the high road...just saying. I get it that you are really against Freeze but we are not exactly known as a lily white university, I mean Saban and UA never bend the rules or cheat...but I get it Freeze is different and doesn't deserve any more chances. I mean some could say that about Coach Pearl and so far that has appeared to work out really well. I mean we shouldn't have tainted our school by hiring him right?

I hope we have a chance at Deion who is my first choice but lets not kid our self and think Auburn is a lily white university and has never done anything wrong, I know some are against him and some are ok with him, he is not my first choice but I would be fine with the hire and see how he does then judge him based on what he does while at AU, people deserve second and third chances.

Eh we are all human and sin daily, it is what it is...

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 2

20 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

some could say that about Coach Pearl and so far that has appeared to work out really well. I mean we shouldn't have tainted our school by hiring him right?

BIG difference between Pearl's situation and a guy who caused almost his entire record at Ole Miss to be vacated due to rule violations and calling hookers on company phones. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

BIG difference between Pearl's situation and a guy who caused almost his entire record at Ole Miss to be vacated due to rule violations and calling hookers on company phones. 

I'm sure he has learned his lesson and will use a burner phone going forward.  As to his rule violations, it's legal to pay players now.

• Dislike 1

Just now, aucom96 said:

I dunno plenty of articles talking about Coach Pearl and things he had done in the past, I like Coach Pearl and glad we gave him opportunity. So what you are saying is we are looking for someone like Saban that does the same thing (not the extracurricular phone calling stuff) but the bending of the rules etc and just doesnt get caught. I mean there is plenty evidence that UAT and Saban have been doing that very thing for years before NIL but never being investigated for it. 

I don't think Freeze has always exhibited the best judgement when it comes to some things, but does that mean he can never change? Just always surprised at all the hate thrown at people, and he seems to be one on the board that gets a lot of hate and IMHO I just do not think he is that bad. 

Just my opinion, every one has one, Deion is my first choice but again I would still support Freeze as head coach. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Just my opinion, every one has one, Deion is my first choice but again I would still support Freeze as head coach.

I'd support him, but we'd be wanting him out by year three at the least. 

This has to be a joke, right? People comparing what Saban and Pearl have done to what Freeze has done? There are people on here that don't care about the reputation of this school or the development of our players as human beings. Some of us on this board have to come to terms that you wont get these people to suddenly care about flippant things like morals and ethics. They just care about winning. But caring about both doesn't have to be mutually exclusive.

Edited by KansasTiger
  • Like 1

The moral high ground posters always give me a chuckle.  SEC football is shark infested waters and unless we play the game we won't navigate them.  I'd prefer not to be a mediocre program any longer and if we stay on this path we're going to continue to fall farther and farther behind.  

Edited by dyehardfanAU
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1