McCready article

RunInRed

3 minutes ago, AU57 said:

Can't read the article because of  the dark mode. Barely see the text

Hit that little moon on the top right of the page, my guy.

10 minutes ago, woodford said:

IMO, Lane would be a fool to leave Ole Miss for Auburn. I don't think he's that stupid. 

Shhhh! Don’t bring it to his attention! Jesus, man!

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, AU57 said:

Phone not in dark mode, only this site

That’s what I mean. There is a moon on the site. It’s your dark mode toggle.

Kiffin would be my first choice. Get him on board ASAP. Winning is the first RX to fix our problems. He can coach. Specifically QBs. He can bring players in and I believe he would keep players who are already on the roster.  Kiffin understands the SEC and understands how to game plan for our conference opponents.  Most importantly  he would be a fun coach!   

• Like 2

Lane is in the perfect spot to be Saban's replacement in the next few years. He ain't going to screw that up by wading into our mess. He might use us to get himself a raise at Ole Miss though.  I don't know who our next coach will be, but I know it's not going to be Kiffen. I wish folks would give it up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Is Steele the coach? No

Was Harsin fired last year? No

How much “control” do a bunch of guys who “want” things actually have? 

Nobody prevented Harsin from going to high schools around the state and meeting coaches and players. Nobody prevented Harsin from bringing in offensive linemen in the portal. Nobody controlled the QB situation where we let our 3 year starter bolt out the door only to replace him with a guy who may never even take a game snap for Auburn and a freshman with no business playing the QB position in this offense. No booster made Harsin go on live TV and trash Auburn University, who was conducting a rightful investigation on him. 

The boosters have wanted things and poured millions of dollars into the football program. And once again, we as fans are calling on them to bail us out again, even though they didn’t even want Harsin. So tell me, how tf are they the problem in this situation?

my man! there is such a thing call optics, and boosters operate behind closed doors, all of those things you mention didn't happen because if so for the people like yourself who are on the fence or straddling it would see that the AD has no say, especially the AD we had, and I will let you figure out the rest.

• Haha 1

Is Steele the coach? No

Nobody prevented Harsin from going to high schools around the state and meeting coaches and players. Nobody prevented Harsin from bringing in offensive linemen in the portal. Nobody controlled the QB situation where we let our 3 year starter bolt out the door only to replace him with a guy who may never even take a game snap for Auburn and a freshman with no business playing the QB position in this offense. No booster made Harsin go on live TV and trash Auburn University, who was conducting a rightful investigation on him. 

The boosters have wanted things and poured millions of dollars into the football program. And once again, we as fans are calling on them to bail us out again, even though they didn’t even want Harsin. So tell me, how tf are they the problem in this situation?

my man! there is such a thing call optics, and boosters operate behind closed doors, all of those things you mention didn't happen because if so for the people like yourself who are on the fence or straddling it would see that the AD has no say, especially the AD we had, and I will let you figure out the rest.

Is Steele the coach? No

We are a more high profile program but currently Ole Miss is in a much better spot. 
It will take some who knows they are walking into a mess and is willing to work their *** off to recruit, recruit, and recruit some more. We need talent in the worst way. Not sure if Lane is up for that at this point. But he would be on the list of people who we should at least talk to if he is willing. 

• Like 1

Is Steele the coach? No

11 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Hilarious that we still have people s****** on the boosters after watching Harsin wreck the program the beginning of this season. They tried to get rid of him last year. If anything, Auburn fans and the media should be blaming Allen Green and the Gouge for this season. Harsin showed everyone who he was at the end of last season and all off season.

Then they should have wrote the check and fired him. 

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Some are missing a key point in McCready’s article. The reputation of AU  athletics for everyone who is not an AU fan, is that we’re a dysfunctional mess at the booster/admin level. If that was our reputation with media types only, who cares? But that reputation carries over to coaching candidates and high school coaches. It has an effect on our recruiting: both for recruits and coaching candidates. We have to use the firing of Harsin and hiring of a new President and AD to change that narrative and enhance the reputation of our brand. 

Excellent point!  For most of those outside the program, perception is reality.  

16 hours ago, eaglenest said:

it is still Green and Harsin fault unbelievable.

It is. Period. 

Harsin has to go ASAP and I was the one that pushed patience and time harder than anyone. in fact, I'm so confident in this I'll even have my mirror confirm it.

@augolf1716, what do you think? Stay or leave yesterday 

7 hours ago, eaglenest said:

you typed that three times.............

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It is. Period. 

Harsin has to go ASAP and I was the one that pushed patience and time harder than anyone. in fact, I'm so confident in this I'll even have my mirror confirm it.

if people were honest he bamboozled most of us bird.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It is. Period. 

Well I would throw the prick Steven Leath in there as to the overall blame but that's just me. As to Stay or Go .......... the great band "The Clash" has the answer

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Well I would throw the prick Steven Leath in there as to the overall blame but that's just me. As to Stay or Go .......... the great band "The Clash" has the answer

Leath is the worst hire ever for Auburn and his worthlessness is still affecting us.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Most with any sense don’t believe the media.

We can go on, and on, and on. I guess that’s what social media boards are for. It comes down to a trifecta of bad hires. School president, Athletic  Director, Head Football Coach.

Which ALL point to a dysfunctional Administration, right?

Auburn has a bad stigma right now as it relates to the overall establishment.  I have no idea what it will take to turn the corner and change the brand, but I don't get paid to rack my brain trying to figure it out. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cbo said:

My bad for trying to communicate with you. 

Can anyone else answer my above question?

Lol. Love this.

Of course, very few on this board could and they certainly aren’t going to talk. It’s a lot more fun to talk about the “PTBs”  that are ruining everything Auburn as the puppet masters they are. You are clearly just too much of a simpleton to understand. Bless your heart