Gus

tbone4jc

10 hours ago, Didba said:

I’m not wrong.

Point to where I said someone in this thread stated “retaining Gus would have been fine”Like Mikey claims. You can’t.

I made a general statement about Auburn fans, it was not aimed at any particular person on this site and not anyone in the thread. 

also, see my response to Mikey below. 

I hope you have a wonderful evening, au-24, and an even better day tomorrow! War eagle! 👈🏻👈🏻

Here ya go:

Lot of UCF fans in this thread.  Harsin wasn't the answer but you are crazy if you think retaining Gus was fine.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Didba said:

Hey, I have time to respond to you now! Hope you had a good day, bud!

now as for your request:

I never made the claim that somebody in this thread said retaining Gus would have been fine. Not sure where you got that.  

Please quote where I explicitly stated that: “somebody in this thread said retaining Gus would have been fine”. 

I said “lots of ucf fans in this thread” which is not “somebody in this thread said retaining Gus would have been fine”

my next sentence was: “Harsin wasn't the answer but you are crazy if you think retaining Gus was fine.” Which also is not “somebody in this thread said retaining Gus would have been fine.”

I was not quoting anyone, nor did I @ someone in this thread. I was speaking generally that if any Auburn fan, not just people in this thread or on this forum, were to think that about Gus they are crazy.

I apologize if you misunderstood my comment, not directed at you or anyone here, and thought I was implying people in this thread.

I also apologize I wasn’t able to answer your request sooner as I was very busy today. 

I hope this clears up your question, have a great night Mikey! 👍🏻👍🏻

Again you stated:

Lot of UCF fans in this thread.  Harsin wasn't the answer but you are crazy if you think retaining Gus was fine.

• Haha 1

On 10/13/2022 at 9:47 PM, tbone4jc said:

Say what you want about him at Auburn but he has UCF looking really good. Much better than the sh!~ show that's happening here.  Maybe he wasn't a SEC coach but damn....

He hasn't had enough time to deplete their talent yet. It didn't happen over night at AU but many years of poor OL recruiting and mainly OT finally took it's toll at AU.

On 11/9/2022 at 12:59 AM, cbo said:

Imagine being stuck in mud for years and years. You finally jump out and land in a pile of s***. Then you want to talk about how great it is to be stuck in mud. 

I hear what you are saying and I like the analogy. I think for a lot of people the argument is that the pile of s*** was in plain sight and we jumped anyway just because we were tired of the mud. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Here ya go:

Uh, where does that comment explicitly say "someone in this thread stated “retaining Gus would have been fine”?  I don't see it. 

Are you trying to say I implied it?  Because I didn't. You shouldn't make assumptions.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Again you stated:

Again, that doesn't say what you are claiming it does.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, Didba said:

Uh, where does that comment explicitly say "someone in this thread stated “retaining Gus would have been fine”?  I don't see it. 

Are you trying to say I implied it?  Because I didn't. You shouldn't make assumptions.

Good Inferences aren't a character trait with that group.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

Good Inferences aren't a character trait with that group.

You’re talking about character? You need to talk to your pastor about the hatred you have in your heart, because it is great! And you are talking about a character?

• Facepalm 2

11 hours ago, Didba said:

Again, that doesn't say what you are claiming it does.

Your quote: “Retaining Gus would’ve been fine” Yes, that implies and says exactly what we said.

Problem with people like you, Bird and Golf is: you hate Gus more than you love Auburn. That’s why you all really don’t have a problem with the last two disastrous seasons, recruiting classes etc. as long as it’s not Gus, you’re fine with it. If we would’ve replaced Gus two years ago with Freeze, Stoops or Kiffin everything would be just fine on the plains right now! In other words: the person you should be upset with is Allen Greene, not Gus Malzahn.

Just like the Bo haters that were hoping and pleading he would do terrible at Oregon. Unfortunately for you all, it’s looking like Bo might even get an invite to New York, and some of you just can’t stand it. Why? He’s a good Auburn man that had a very poor head coach and offensive coordinator, after he beat the turds with Gus as a teenage freshman. I know it upsets you that Gus and Bo beat Nick Saban and the turds, but it’s a fact, he did!

I’m also very happy for Chip Lindsey and T-Will at Central Florida. Why not? Since they like and respect Gus, followed him to Central Florida and they’re having success there, I’m supposed to be upset and not like them? I just don’t get you guys!

Edited by AU-24
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

You’re talking about character? You need to talk to your pastor about the hatred you have in your heart, because it is great! And you are talking about a character?

the-office-interested.gif 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

the-office-interested.gif 

Here's more. I recommend y'all each take a long fishing trip to somewhere in the outback. Don't go with the group, each must go his own way. Try to free your brains from the hatred of Gus that currently consumes you. Others cannot do this for you, you'll have to take these cleansing steps for yourselves.

When it's over and Gus no longer controls your every waking thought you will enjoy the freedom and in time you'll be able to pursue other interests without the haunting memory of Gus winning games ruining your lives.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Here's more. I recommend y'all each take a long fishing trip to somewhere in the outback. Don't go with the group, each must go his own way. Try to free your brains from the hatred of Gus that currently consumes you. Others cannot do this for you, you'll have to take these cleansing steps for yourselves.

When it's over and Gus no longer controls your every waking thought you will enjoy the freedom and in time you'll be able to pursue other interests without the haunting memory of Gus winning games ruining your lives.

gifs-excited.gif 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Your quote: “Retaining Gus would’ve been fine” Yes, that implies and says exactly what we said.

Problem with people like you, Bird and Golf is: you hate Gus more than you love Auburn. That’s why you all really don’t have a problem with the last two disastrous seasons, recruiting classes etc. as long as it’s not Gus, you’re fine with it. If we would’ve replaced Gus two years ago with Freeze, Stoops or Kiffin everything would be just fine on the plains right now! In other words: the person you should be upset with is Allen Greene, not Gus Malzahn.

Just like the Bo haters that were hoping and pleading he would do terrible at Oregon. Unfortunately for you all, it’s looking like Bo might even get an invite to New York, and some of you just can’t stand it. Why? He’s a good Auburn man that had a very poor head coach and offensive coordinator, after he beat the turds with Gus as a teenage freshman. I know it upsets you that Gus and Bo beat Nick Saban and the turds, but it’s a fact, he did!

I’m also very happy for Chip Lindsey and T-Will at Central Florida. Why not? Since they like and respect Gus, followed him to Central Florida and they’re having success there, I’m supposed to be upset and not like them? I just don’t get you guys!

You sure like to make a lot of presumptuous, erroneous assumptions about people you barely know. I bolded a couple for you.

I was never a Bo hater, nor, I am a Gus hater. I loved when Gus and Nix beat Bama.  I don't hate Gus as a person or as a coach at other schools. I don't care what he does elsewhere and don't follow it. I hate how Gus left this program and the decisions he made leading up to his firing. 

Please don't respond to this if all you have to say is "nuh uh, I know how you really feel, person I have never met and know almost nothing about."

• Like 1
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Mikey said:

LMAO, this was legitimately pretty funny. No BS, I actually chortled.

On 11/11/2022 at 2:07 PM, Mikey said:

Awesome!

11 hours ago, Didba said:

You sure like to make a lot of presumptuous, erroneous assumptions about people you barely know. I bolded a couple for you.

I was never a Bo hater, nor, I am a Gus hater. I loved when Gus and Nix beat Bama.  I don't hate Gus as a person or as a coach at other schools. I don't care what he does elsewhere and don't follow it. I hate how Gus left this program and the decisions he made leading up to his firing. 

Please don't respond to this if all you have to say is "nuh uh, I know how you really feel, person I have never met and know almost nothing about."

Unlike Bird, very good response! Some of the stuff you write seems like you hate the guy, but I certainly could be mistaken. Personally I wish him well especially with Chip Lindsey, T-Will and former Auburn players, coaching and playing for him.

I like what you wrote, so I’m not trying to be argumentative but my opinion on the condition Gus left the program: he left the program good enough to beat LSU, Ole Miss, Penn State, Alabama, Texas A&M etc. It was poor coaching and play calling by Harsin that caused defeats his first season. It was well after Gus was fired that coaches and players left because they didn’t like the way Harsin treated his players. Maybe we disagree, but I just can’t blame that on Gus.

Then of course there is how Greene and Harsin left the program. Good gracious, we could go on about that forever.

• Like 2

Well he did again lose to an inferior opponent at home  and was over a 15 point favorite. Now UCF has let Cincy and Tulane back into conference championship play. I just don't understand how this happens almost every year with Gus. 

Navy had no point in winning this game at the Bounce House

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Well he did again lose to an inferior opponent at home  and was over a 15 point favorite. Now UCF has let Cincy and Tulane back into conference championship play. I just don't understand how this happens every year almost with Gus. 

I don't think Navy completed a single pass either.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well he did again lose to an inferior opponent at home  and was over a 15 point favorite. Now UCF has let Cincy and Tulane back into conference championship play. I just don't understand how this happens every year almost with Gus. 

image.gif.724c56a44212bbd1a5b41cc1e97e61c6.gif

• Haha 1