Gus

tbone4jc

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

I can't wait for the next I-told-you-so post by 24 and Mikey

What I find distressing is some Auburn fans delighting in a loss by a former coach who gave AU his best for 11 years, had a major hand in our only National Championship in over 50 years and led his team to play for another one.

Why don't y'all go back to singing Harsin's praises and blaming the players who left the program instead of blaming Harsin for failing to retain them? That "Hard for Harsin" nonsense suited you.

• Haha 2

violin-tiny.gif

I admit it, I was wrong for 18 months about the coach we fired.  You've been wrong going on a decade about the previous coach that, wait for it...we fired. 

The difference, I learned and no longer support the coach that hurt Auburn.  

• Like 6

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

violin-tiny.gif

Deflecting like 24 did. "Hey stop worrying about the previous coach while I rebuttal with the previous coach.:"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Deflecting like 24 did. "Hey stop worrying about the previous coach while I rebuttal with the previous coach.:"

That's exactly what I thought too.  The irony and predictability is awesome.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

I just think it's hilarious that they feel ridiculing Harsin is some big come back lol. Unlike them with Gus, we aren't tied to Harsin the football coach. He is gone. Time to support the next guy. 

• Like 2

Just now, DAG said:

I just think it's hilarious that they feel ridiculing Harsin is some big come back lol. Unlike them with Gus, we aren't tied to Harsin the football coach. He is gone. Time to support the next guy. 

Even his most loyal supporters saw the light.  

I still love this...

"As long as he's our HC I'll support him. When he's no longer the head coach at Auburn I won't support him and will support the new HC" 

Welp...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Even his most loyal supporters saw the light.  

I still love this...

"As long as he's our HC I'll support him. When he's no longer the head coach at Auburn I won't support him and will support the new HC" 

Welp...

I didn't expect Harsin to be so anti-player, anti-Auburn and to pull the crap he pulled in the Athletic department. Those things were not predictable. No matter who the new coach is, I'll support him too. Unless, of course, it's obvious that he'll be another Harsin. A blind squirrel could see what Harsin was. Just listening to Smoke and some of the others who left made that obvious.

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

"Consistency is the mark of greatness" ~~~Coach Jordan

image.gif.3a154f432a6be125128e97d942a11344.gifYep, I said Coach Harsin should get more than one season and gave him the benefit of the doubt. Clearly he was a failure and I was wrong. I also wanted Gus gone after about ‘15-16. Actually, I never wanted Gus hired. Two things can be true at the same time. Gus norBrian Harsin should’ve ever been the head football coach at AUburn. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

I also wanted Gus gone after about ‘15-16.

I was there after the 2016 Clemson game.  #2 Clemson comes to JHS to kick off the season, and a three-headed QB hydra was the offensive gameplan Gus came up with.  The idiocy was further compounded by the addition of a fourth QB, to run the whirlybird.  I would love to hear a recording of the Clemson staff's headset chatter as they reacted to some of the shenanigans they witnessed in that game.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

"Consistency is the mark of greatness" ~~~Coach Jordan

“To every rule there is an exception – and an idiot ready to demonstrate it. Don’t be the one!”

— Vera Nazarian

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I didn't expect Harsin to be so anti-player, anti-Auburn and to pull the crap he pulled in the Athletic department. Those things were not predictable.

His outcome was unpredictable but yet you hold it against those that chose to support what would've been best for Auburn.

You're such the ambassador 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

violin-tiny.gif

I admit it, I was wrong for 18 months about the coach we fired.  You've been wrong going on a decade about the previous coach that, wait for it...we fired. 

The difference, I learned and no longer support the coach that hurt Auburn.  

Not trying to be vindictive or whatever just genuinely curious, at what moment did you turn against Harsin?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Not trying to be vindictive or whatever just genuinely curious, at what moment did you turn against Harsin?

The man? Probably March

The Coach? After PSU.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Strychnine said:

I was there after the 2016 Clemson game.  #2 Clemson comes to JHS to kick off the season, and a three-headed QB hydra was the offensive gameplan Gus came up with.  The idiocy was further compounded by the addition of a fourth QB, to run the whirlybird.  I would love to hear a recording of the Clemson staff's headset chatter as they reacted to some of the shenanigans they witnessed in that game.

I don't think they were laughing. The final score was 19-13. That was a close scare for the team that finished 14-1 and won the national championship.

What's left to say about Gus at Auburn? He did all he was going to do here. He was good. 2 ten win seasons in 8 years. 1 conference title and was in contention for a NC but lost. Don't hate the guy but he wasn't going to win it all and a win it all guy is the kind of coach I want for Auburn. TLDR, Gus is Tommy T but with offense, or "offense" as it was in his later years here, instead of defense.

16 minutes ago, hutchids said:

What's left to say about Gus at Auburn? He did all he was going to do here. He was good. 2 ten win seasons in 8 years. 1 conference title and was in contention for a NC but lost. Don't hate the guy but he wasn't going to win it all and a win it all guy is the kind of coach I want for Auburn. TLDR, Gus is Tommy T but with offense, or "offense" as it was in his later years here, instead of defense.

It's hard for me to talk bad about a coach who gave me some of my best Auburn memories. I still like Malzahn and wish we could have skipped the Harsin hire and stuck with Malzahn a little longer. Harsin had absolutely no business setting foot in Auburn as anything more than an analyst.

Really makes me wonder if Cohen has any idea what he's doing. Not because of anything he's done, but if your #1 guy is Kiffen and you shoot your shot and miss, what's next? I'm just confused what grown men have for guys like Kiffen. Hoping that fiasco is done. 

But Gus couldn't win away against our biggest opponents and that did him in. I would have liked to see what Gus could have done in the NIL era of football. I think he could have won it all. 

• Like 1