Good info

bigbird

I could get behind a "Reliable, Violent Offense"! Taking a LB and making him an All American RB sounds like something xCTT would have done in his best years. 

• Like 5

Came here hoping to get meaningful discussion on grimes , yet y’all let Mikey 2.0 rile y’all up again. He always says stuff and never responds back. Rinse and repeat.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

Came here hoping to get meaningful discussion on grimes , yet y’all let Mikey 2.0 rile y’all up again. He always says stuff and never responds back. Rinse and repeat.

Cleaned up.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

I will say the thing that makes Grimes a big win for me is that he not only has the IQ but the ability to coach up damn grown men on the line. So sick of us being so soft .

That's the biggest thing for me too, we haven't been able to push a LOS in so long, I have a hard time even remembering it, and that's sad. I've never seen a line just get mauled on 3 man rushes consistently as bad as this line has been.

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

That's the biggest thing for me too, we haven't been able to push a LOS in so long, I have a hard time even remembering it, and that's sad. I've never seen a line just get mauled on 3 man rushes consistently as bad as this line has been.

Also offensive linemen are supposedly the smartest dudes too. I imagine grimes would prioritize both lines as well. I think Grimes could do wonders with RA. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

Also offensive linemen are supposedly the smartest dudes too. I imagine grimes would prioritize both lines as well. I think Grimes could do wonders with RA. 

Yep! RA has a crap ton of talent. For any qb to have any sniff at consistent success, we gotta shore the line up, and quickly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

from my point of view when grimes was here last time i believe he was well liked. i do not remember a single comment against him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

A few things I like, besides what he does for the Auburn alignment, is he is methodical and calculating.  He isn't married to a system, which allows him to flex and attack anywhere with anyone.  Most players under his coaching have developed to their potential or past. Very rarely has he had a bust anywhere. His ability to assemble an all-star staff is very appealing, they will be doing the heavy lifting for the classes. 

Other coaches are attractive too. JG's career arc seems to be peaking and I think he brings a lot more and checks a lot more than most all of the others.

If I were interviewing him, I would have him analyze tape of Bama and Georgia's defense and have him explain how we would score against them going forward.  Where is their opportunity to gain yards and hit explosive plays against them? Where can they be exploited? You get them at home next year with a new coach + new attitude. Crazier things have happened before.

It's not 2015 anymore. You can score on Alabama. They are slowly but surely sliding down from their peak. 

I'm very hyped for JG. I really hope we hire him.

Edited by woodford
  • Like 3

Hopefully you don't get a bunch of people calling him names or posting every 5 minutes made up stuff to point out why they don't like him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Hopefully you don't get a bunch of people calling him names or posting every 5 minutes made up stuff to point out why they don't like him

This is an Auburn board it is not a question of if they will do it but how long before it starts. Sad isn't it.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don't think RA is a D1 QB. But that's just where I'm at now, certainly hopes he proves me wrong

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, woodford said:

If I were interviewing him, I would have him analyze tape of Bama and Georgia's defense and have him explain how we would score against them going forward.  Where is their opportunity to gain yards and hit explosive plays against them? Where can they be exploited? You get them at home next year with a new coach + new attitude. Crazier things have happened before.

It's not 2015 anymore. You can score on Alabama. They are slowly but surely sliding down from their peak. 

You really think Pres Roberts is gonna have a clue if he’s right or not?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't think RA is a D1 QB. But that's just where I'm at now, certainly hopes he proves me wrong

With this staff, behind this line, is there any way to really tell?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He isn't married to a system, which allows him to flex and attack anywhere with anyone. 

This what I like to hear. The actual good coaches aren’t married to any one thing in particular and put their players in position to succeed.

Saban is the goat for a reason because he’s not afraid to change with the times. Stubborn coaches get left behind

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

Taking a LB and making him an All American RB sounds like something xCTT would have done in his best years. 

Or taking a high school WR and making him an All American LB.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Possibly . I just think it is so hard to judge him based on this season. He had a lot of things going against him. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, woodford said:

I think people failed to realize how good of a DC CKS really was. Bama has been pretty susceptible , especially against the pass since his departure.

• Like 2

I agree with DAG that his development of Offensive Lines is most appealing to me but this stood out Grimes’ arrival in Waco has seen the Bears’ rushing offense jump from 123rd nationally last season (90.3 ypg) to fourth nationally (237.5 ypg) in its first season under Grimes.

• Love 1

As I’ve said before,  it’s just a huge red flag to me that he’s never been a head coach at any capacity for as long as he’s been coaching and there has to be a reason. I’m not totally against him, but it just doesn’t really excite the average fan base either…

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1