Good info

bigbird

5 minutes ago, GAAubie said:

J Hoke is saying that Hartwell is no longer the leader. Who are the other candidates? What does this mean for Grimes, Prime, etc.?

The AD candidates are going to be harder to pin down than the coaching candidates. All we really know about who the coaching candidates are comes from speculation, message board wish lists and guessing. We don't even have that as far as the AD search is concerned.

On 10/18/2022 at 3:44 AM, bigbird said:

I know some keep asking, "why Grimes"?

I see that but want to present this years offense.  They put up big numbers in a couple of games.  They have not done that well this year. I watched some of their games this year but I am not sure he is ready for HC in the SEC.  I think his Offense needs that QB and can he get them? Baylor lost theirs from last year and is playing a guy who wasn't good enough to see the field last year even in clean up from my understanding.  So where is the development of that kid?  I know I am being a little hard on him but we can't go deeper in the hole with this hire.  Remember we have UT & OU coming in soon and if we are down then it will only get worse to dig back out.

1 minute ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

I see that but want to present this years offense.  They put up big numbers in a couple of games.  They have not done that well this year. I watched some of their games this year but I am not sure he is ready for HC in the SEC.  I think his Offense needs that QB and can he get them? Baylor lost theirs from last year and is playing a guy who wasn't good enough to see the field last year even in clean up from my understanding.  So where is the development of that kid?  I know I am being a little hard on him but we can't go deeper in the hole with this hire.  Remember we have UT & OU coming in soon and if we are down then it will only get worse to dig back out.

The team lost a ton of talent from last year's team.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

What I've seen of Ashford is evidence of why he never took a snap in two years at Oregon. He can run. Beyond that, there's not much beside a strong throwing arm. It would suit me if they spent the off week getting Geriner ready to take the wheel. Ashford would be fun to watch if he played slot receiver and ran some jet sweeps.

He would be more effective (if not good) if he ran more of a spread oriented offense.
He’s not suited for CBHs  style offense.

Geriner is but our line is pretty bad, not sure if it would help or hurt him to be starting right now.

I guess we’re just stuck this year until we can make changes.

1 minute ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

He would be more effective (if not good) if he ran more of a spread oriented offense.

Geriner is but our line is pretty bad, not sure if it would help or hurt him to be starting right now.

Geriner would not make it out of the first quarter standing up. He woukd get killed.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

The team lost a ton of talent from last year's team.  

I understand about the talent loss.  I know it is a delicate balance to get guys experience but he knew they were loosing the talent.  The portal was open and he could have gotten experience for this year.  I don't think he would be the guy and we would be here in a couple of years.  Again just my opinion.

1 minute ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I'm not in the camp of "We'll ruin Geriner by playing him too soon." All reports are that he wants to play. Some have posted that he and his family are disappointed that he isn't being given a chance. Maybe the O-line will suck it up and exert themselves for Geriner or maybe he'll just have to take his lumps but he's the best QB on campus and if he bails out we're screwed for the next few years.

50 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The AD candidates are going to be harder to pin down than the coaching candidates. All we really know about who the coaching candidates are comes from speculation, message board wish lists and guessing. We don't even have that as far as the AD search is concerned.

I hate to say this, but supposedly Tim Jackson has gained some pretty good traction...

Just what I am hearing. I hope it's wrong.

• Angry 1

10 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

I hate to say this, but supposedly Tim Jackson has gained some pretty good traction...

NOOOOOOOO! That would be tragic. He needs to be fired, not promoted.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MaxCohen216 said:

Wow, he looks like a young Kurt Rambis.

I guess I am old cause I remember when Kurt Rambis was young.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1716AU said:

TJ has been told he is not getting it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, GAAubie said:

J Hoke is saying that Hartwell is no longer the leader. Who are the other candidates? What does this mean for Grimes, Prime, etc.?

That’s not what he said on todays Locked On podcast.

3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

That’s not what he said on todays Locked On podcast.

He was on a local sports show in South Alabama this morning at roughly 830 and said that it has changed. He mentioned the guy from UConn and Freeze. Hoke said if so, it wouldn't be Grimes as HC. Everyone is guessing and changing their thoughts often.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Geriner looked like Ben Leard as a frosh, very slow. 

• Like 1

Must be a fluid situation because I am seeing(not knowing) Hartwell and Nunez with possible advice from Sankey which would make Freeze a very slim option, I would think.

1 hour ago, aublue88 said:

Must be a fluid situation because I am seeing(not knowing) Hartwell and Nunez with possible advice from Sankey which would make Freeze a very slim option, I would think.

Why?

Edited by dyehardfanAU

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

I'm not in the camp of "We'll ruin Geriner by playing him too soon." All reports are that he wants to play. Some have posted that he and his family are disappointed that he isn't being given a chance. Maybe the O-line will suck it up and exert themselves for Geriner or maybe he'll just have to take his lumps but he's the best QB on campus and if he bails out we're screwed for the next few years.

Many on this forum and others think at least one of our four QBs will test the portal waters. The three older guys came to us via transfer and if I'm not mistaken they would have to sit out a year next time, unless they dropped to a lower division. HG could transfer and play next year as a freshman. But like you, I hope he doesn't get happy feet. I would guess it depends on the coaching staff and if CBH or whoever can pick up a high profile QB in the portal.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Newbomb said:

I guess I am old cause I remember when Kurt Rambis was young.

Yeah, 1980s NBA.  It was much better than today's NBA.  Today's NBA player would go through 100 crying towels every game playing through "hand checks" that put them on their ass, hard.  LeBoneHeadJames would not have made it 10 years in the league back then.  Bird, Magic, and Jordan were much tougher than he ever was.

I don't watch the NBA anymore.  It has become a pansy league.  The PBA.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, AUwent said:

Which way is even up with this search, can we please make a damn selection?!

It's coming.........it will happen when it happens. 

Glee Coach GIF by Disney+

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, AUwent said:

football-funny.gif

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AUwent said:

I see no earthly reason to drag out the hiring of the AD. We commoners would like to know who to gripe about and the alleged insiders are tired of looking silly by being a modern-day Schultz: "I know nothing (but I'll say something useless anyway)".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, MaxCohen216 said:

Yeah, 1980s NBA.  It was much better than today's NBA.  Today's NBA player would go through 100 crying towels every game playing through "hand checks" that put them on their ass, hard.  LeBoneHeadJames would not have made it 10 years in the league back then.  Bird, Magic, and Jordan were much tougher than he ever was.

I don't watch the NBA anymore.  It has become a pansy league.  The PBA.

Have you seen the NFL the past few weeks, and even some college games.

28 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I see no earthly reason to drag out the hiring of the AD. We commoners would like to know who to gripe about and the alleged insiders are tired of looking silly by being a modern-day Schultz: "I know nothing (but I'll say something useless anyway)".

Hongans Hero’s 👍 great show

• Like 1