Wins/Loses the rest of the way

Taker

Watching the WKU v UAB game and WK doesn't look to slouchy.  Not a great team but plays solid ball... 

Given our schedule the rest of the way what are your thoughts on how we will finish out the season.. Will we win another game? 

Arkansas-

Ms State- 

TX A&M-

WKU-

THE SCHOOL OVER THERE-

22 minutes ago, penguin149 said:

I don't think we win another with the current staff.  I hope I'm wrong...

I sadly agree. 

• Like 2

Maybe one but that could be wishful thinking.  You would like to take some positive energy from the OM game and say we can beat one of the remaining teams but (and I hate to say this), I don't trust this staff to put a competent team on the field.  Too many mistakes, turnovers, and bad decision-making will dog us the rest of the way out.  Good news is that we only have one more month.  Things are going to get better......hang on.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, aubie17 said:

I think we win one of Arkansas and WKU. 

I initially thought the same thing. But I just have no optimistic hope left for that

10 hours ago, aubie17 said:

I think we win one of Arkansas and WKU. 

This is the last shred of hope I have for this season.

I'm still sticking with my pre-season prediction of a 5-7 record. Win WKU and one of Arky/MSU and we're right there. I believe Geriner is the best QB on campus and I'm hopeful that he gets shoved into the QB1 job sooner rather than later. That could give us the unexpected win to boost us to the not-so-lofty 5-7 record.

• Like 2

I would only be surprised if we win more than one left. Tough, but that’s where we are now. It will be harder and harder to maintain team cohesion as losses add up: we becoming me, going through motions, yada, yada. I don’t want that for the players. That’s why I hope the admin (AD) is engaged and expressing profuse appreciation to the players as we go into another transition. 

I still believe we beat Arkansas and A&M just because it’s at home and both of those teams have big flaws. If those games were on the road, I would say we lose. I still have us going 6-6. It’s the Auburn thing, where we look down and out but somehow we will look competitive in every game outside of UAT and might even somehow save Harsin’s job. Now that would be the most Auburn thing, hahaha

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

I'm still sticking with my pre-season prediction of a 5-7 record. Win WKU and one of Arky/MSU and we're right there. I believe Geriner is the best QB on campus and I'm hopeful that he gets shoved into the QB1 job sooner rather than later. That could give us the unexpected win to boost us to the not-so-lofty 5-7 record.

I’m thinking they don’t want to burn the redshirt unless they have to.

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I’m thinking they don’t want to burn the redshirt unless they have to.

How many games has he already played?  He can play in 5 games and still RS.  

I do think that we beat western Kentucky. I am interested to see how we play next week against Arkansas at home. Too bad it is 11 AM. Those are the two games I think we can win… but We will have to play better than we have played all season to win either of those two games.

17 hours ago, roe4christ said:

Maybe one but that could be wishful thinking.  You would like to take some positive energy from the OM game and say we can beat one of the remaining teams but (and I hate to say this), I don't trust this staff to put a competent team on the field.  Too many mistakes, turnovers, and bad decision-making will dog us the rest of the way out.  Good news is that we only have one more month.  Things are going to get better......hang on.

No, it will not, as long as Jimmy is breathing you will continue to see the same song and dance.

ps. good luck

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, keesler said:

How many games has he already played?  He can play in 5 games and still RS.  

I thought the max was 4 but may be wrong. I think he has only played in 1game.

• Like 1

The next 4 games are against teams that just aren’t good at all.   Sadly, I think 2-2 is our best case scenario.   1-3 most likely.  I wouldn’t rule out 0-4.  
And as others stated, we have less than zero chance against bama.   

From a realistic stand point, we should be winless in the conference. Had it not been for the bone head play of the year by that Mizzou RB, Auburn would be the laughingstock of the league. It wasn't until the Ole Miss game our offense didn't resemble the flying wedge. Our offense doesn't even look high school and the defense looks gassed from having to carry the offense. My opinion, it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Arkansas has a good off  their weakness  is the DB'S   

it's funny  as a razorback fan   i know they have had a VERY  hard time beating auburn but i am upbeat about the game  because your passing attick  is not great   

and i doubt u can score 24+ pts  

Arkansas 3 Losses  have been like this  

Tam   just did not  make plays at the end   

Bama  had them on the ropes going in to the 4th  but then could not stop their run   

Missst  no KJ plus  they like to throw throw throw   

now if u score 24+ u have a shot  but if not   arkansas is going to go on a 5 or 6 game win streak   to end the season strong

i think if we can beat u guys it will sit us up to beat LSU or Ole miss  both games at home     

Other than Bama we could win all of those games. We could also lose all of them. The SEC is pretty ugly this year outside of two or three teams. 

Edited by hqsi99
Spelling
  • Like 1

Might beat WKU.  I don’t feel good about the rest.  Arky has their stud QB back.  MSU passing attack is hard to stop without a great pass rush.  A&M has their backs against the wall.  No way we have a chance against Bammer over there.  Tater boys are gone the day after and everyone in the world knows it now.