Why I am Not Depressed

AURex

I have not watched an Auburn game this season since San Jose State. I knew by then that this season was a disaster. Now all I see is a final score posted at some point. But ya know, it is just numbers. I did not actually watch the carnage. And as a result, I don't cry in my beer.

I'm convinced, at some point in the future, Auburn will once again rise up and I'll watch games with great optimism and excitement. Until then, since I am eager to avoid heart attacks and bouts of debilitating depression, I wish my Tigers well, but I give the big middle finger to CBH.

Only thing that depresses me is knowing my kids are not likely to get some of the awesome experiences i got at a young age w rolling toomers or leaping in to thorn bush hedges that lined the field and then evading on the field state troopers to assist in tearing down goal posts on our way to a sec title game after an iron bowl win. Oh well.

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi
  • Haha 1

Well I usually go to games and I may go to TAM but not sure. 
I actually will probably not watch the iron bowl. Reminds me of 2020 and 2012. No chance. 

Edited by gr82b4au

I don’t think depressed is the right word here. I think frustrated and bummed are more appropriate. AU has every resource to compete every year and to see that not taken advantage of is a shame. That bums me out. Harsin is throwing this year. The admin is a bunch of morons. Why hasn’t he been fired ? Like what the hell ? That’s why I am so frustrated. Enough so that I won’t be making AUFB a priority this year. No parties, no mass food spreads. Maybe I catch a quarter. Maybe I don’t. The fans and players truly deserve better. 

• Like 1

Sports are for enjoyment and sometimes it can hurt if your team loses but you should never be depressed over your sports team losing. That’s not a healthy life to live 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dyehardfanAU said:

If college football results make you depressed you should reevaluate your life. 

Seriously! For me it’s simply a game and it’s fun. I go to one or two football and basketball games a year and it’s a good time. Is it more fun when we are winning??? Of course! Do I loose any sleep over the loses or drama?? Not at all. 

• Like 2

Auburn can be good again in 2 years thanks to the portal.  Auburn could be in a bowl game next year.  New coach could bring in somewhere north of 20 new players by the time the season starts next year.  

When I got married and had a child it all changed for me. Love Auburn and always will but it is what it is. I don’t hate CBH. What good does that do? Can’t blame the guy for seizing a once in a lifetime opportunity. He just doesn’t have what is required to be successful at such a place as Auburn. This too shall pass. Just a matter of time. Just like Tom Petty said, “The waiting is the hardest part!” WDE FOREVER! We will rise from this and it will be glorious! Just hang tough brother! 

• Like 2

I’m not depressed, but I have gotten numb. We lost badly today. Usually, I’d be kinda angry for about an hour after. Today… nothing. I had no emotions. It made me realize how much I’ve lost faith in this staff. In the past, even with games I didn’t expect us to win, I had high hopes that we’d pull an upset. Today, I just half expected us to lose. I even had a text from a close friend that’s an Arkansas alumn after their first drive that went terribly. She said “Well that drive went well.” My response… “Don’t worry. I’m sure we’ll find a way to lose this game.” The only other season I’ve felt like this was 2012…

• WarTiger changed the title to Why I am Not Depressed

I don't get the "I'll only support it when we're at the top" mentality. Yeah it sucks to lose but it's a competition. Sometimes you're not good enough. But the moment they are, look who's back acting like they've been here all along.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AURex said:

I have not watched an Auburn game this season since San Jose State. I knew by then that this season was a disaster. Now all I see is a final score posted at some point. But ya know, it is just numbers. I did not actually watch the carnage. And as a result, I don't cry in my beer.

I'm convinced, at some point in the future, Auburn will once again rise up and I'll watch games with great optimism and excitement. Until then, since I am eager to avoid heart attacks and bouts of debilitating depression, I wish my Tigers well, but I give the big middle finger to CBH.

Sounds very Bama of you to only support the team when they are good

• Dislike 1

I still watch the games, unless I have something else going on then I record it. I don’t plan my day or weekend around it anymore. I’m enjoying UCF and Oregon more anyway. I don’t even hate Harsin. It was a bad arrangement and then the brass tried to destroy the man and save money. There’s a toxicity here that might keep Auburn down for a while. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

I set the DVR and record the games. Then go about my business. If I see they won, I'll watch it, if they lost I'll just delete it. The ratings services see that I recorded it, which is the same as watching it, so I'm supporting them by being a count in the ratings just like I watched it. win-win.. War Eagle!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

If college football results make you depressed you should reevaluate your life. 

i suffer from depression and ocd and anxiety and it is just not that simple. you should not be so flippant to what you apparently do not understand. people have different triggers that send them into the abyss. i can imagine you saying that is probably hurtful to him. is it necessary?

11 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i suffer from depression and ocd and anxiety and it is just not that simple. you should not be so flippant to what you apparently do not understand. people have different triggers that send them into the abyss. i can imagine you saying that is probably hurtful to him. is it necessary?

I'm bipolar combined with an anxiety disorder.  I'm not flippant.  I should have added seek help to the end of my statement though.

Edited by dyehardfanAU
  • Like 1