2022-23 Coaching Search Thread

Zeek

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

Takeo is not wrong. Of course, I think Deion would do the best job at this. 

I also think Rhule and Kiffin can as well. Auburn will offer a lot of visibility and opportunity for a lot moving players who want a new shot at a different place. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I agree on Rhule. I don’t get all the disdain for him. He’s a program builder with NFL Head Coaching experience and a professional connection to….wait for it…..Joe Brady!

What is his recruiting like esp in our recruiting territory?

Just now, Auburnguy101 said:

Rhule hates recruiting. Next…

Guy has been a career college coach and you definitively say he hates recruiting. What is this based on? Opinion or fact?

25 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Please no

I get the intrigue. But he just got fired and we don’t have a very “safe” reputation. 2 failures and you’re toast.  Who knows.

Going to lose my s*** with all the options available if we take Matt Rhule.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Zeek said:

Unless the top two decide against us 

I don’t get the Rhule attraction. He doesn’t get the people going like Deon or the kiff. I would say he is far down the list, but then again AU doesn’t care what we think 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Couldn’t agree more . Not the right guy.. AU will find a way to make a dumbass decision. Just watch . Pun intended 

I am wondering with the speed things are happening if there is not a plan in place. It seems odd for this much to happen at once without some sort of plan. That brings me to think that a coach like Rhule is very possible. He could be hired very soon and get a jump on hiring his staff and recruiting. Everything could almost be in place before the season was over. Just a thought for better or worse.

5 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Unless the top two decide against us 

I agree. Prime (and Kiffin kinda) are my 2 favorites - but they’ll be tough. Need options or December could be a mess

Edited by auburnatl1

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Why?  I Don't know much about Ruhle.... 

He doesn’t excite the base or recruits like other options and isn’t coming from a place where he could bring portal additions. His roster management with the Panthers was moronic. Without a great DC he’d be cooked.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

He doesn’t excite the base or recruits like other options and isn’t coming from a place where he could bring portal additions. His roster management with the Panthers was moronic. Without a great DC he’d be cooked.

And we have better options 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I don’t get the Rhule attraction. He doesn’t get the people going like Deon or the kiff. I would say he is far down the list, but then again AU doesn’t care what we think 

He built programs at places that were dumpster fires. Temple and the post rape scandals at Baylor. He deserves some credit for that. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Guy has been a career college coach and you definitively say he hates recruiting. What is this based on? Opinion or fact?

Opinion. This guy is a straight loser. He is a huge Deion homer and shoots every other candidate down 

• Like 1

People are dumb as hell. I want Deion first but to crap on Matt Rhule, a known collegiate program builder is just plain silly. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, wildlife alumni said:

I am wondering with the speed things are happening if there is not a plan in place. It seems odd for this much to happen at once without some sort of plan. That brings me to think that a coach like Rhule is very possible. He could be hired very soon and get a jump on hiring his staff and recruiting. Everything could almost be in place before the season was over. Just a thought for better or worse.

I think the goal all along was hire an AD and fire Harsin soon thereafter. Seems like it’s happening quickly, but if that’s been the plan, then we’re moving along accordingly. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

Oh you idiots, it's a 2-coach race:

Kiffin or Prime.

No mother of a coach will even be considered if one of these two says "yes".

Personally, I like Kiffin's coaching prowess over Deion's, but Deion is a better recruiter.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I believe 1A/1B for cohen will be Lane or Deion 

Love him to flip that but 2 exciting options. II have a feeling there’s going to be a growing national buzz pressing for Deion - no idea if that will shift anything.

14 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

He built programs at places that were dumpster fires. Temple and the post rape scandals at Baylor. He deserves some credit for that. 

I forgot about Temple. He deserves a lot of credit for Baylor. But it’s all about recruiting. Can he do that here? AU needs players .