Auburn's Interim Staff Titles

Maverick.AU

I was curious about how Scmedding made the cut.  Looks like he had only 1 year at Boise before coming here. Maybe he hadn’t been French fried yet.  Maybe he didn’t really like Harsin.  🤷‍♀️

• Like 3

I don't expect anything magical, but I do hope this will stop the bleeding at least and rally the team and fans to finish the season on a more positive vibe. I too am curious to know Schmedding's ace up the sleeve to stay on. lol

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I was curious about how Scmedding made the cut.  Looks like he had only 1 year at Boise before coming here. Maybe he hadn’t been French fried yet.  Maybe he didn’t really like Harsin.  🤷‍♀️

Exactly what I was thinking.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I bet Schmedding was not a Harsin loyalist, and may have supported the February investigation, or been candid with McGlynn as the process played out this fall.

The word I heard was several of those fired were not recruiting and were a big part of the problems within the football complex. Maybe Schmedding was continuing to recruit and promote AU. I recall a coaching change a number of years ago where linebackers coach Joe Whitt held the recruiting class together between coaches with no assurance of a job after the new HC was hired.  He said, "it was the right thing to do." That's the kind of man we want coaching our players.

3 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Maybe they just didn’t see a good option at DC wo him.