Auburn coaching hot board V2

aubiefifty

16 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

I do not like the idea of hiring Lane, which opens the door for Sanders to Ole Miss

That would suck, but they'll probably just go with Jeff Lebby. Would make a lot of sense for them too

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If you believe that momentum just ends at 11:59 PM today, then yeah I guess. It doesn't to me, and the idea is that momentum was supposed to carry you throughout the rest of this season. I can't see how you can still maintain that hype externally if you just know this guy is serving out a term and you have the "big" head coach waiting at the end of the tunnel no matter what.

Especially if Kiffin isn't coaching at any point for us this season, which would make the most sense to me. You just got a guy that's there...that's going to be the bigger story...overshadowing the coaching effort of the current staff. I also don't see why you can't just wait to announce this after the Alabama game, personally 

You can't seriously believe that hiring a coach needed to be put on hold because Caddy is the current interim.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, selias said:

You can't seriously believe that hiring a coach needed to be put on hold because Caddy is the current interim.

Do you believe every deal that's done is publicly announced as soon as it's completed? Did you seriously read my posts and think my point of contention was with the process of completing the next hire, or the matter of when you announce it? It's just a smidgen of critical thinking required. 

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Do you believe every deal that's done is publicly announced as soon as it's completed? Did you seriously read my posts and think my point of contention was with the process of completing the next hire, or the matter of when you announce it? It's just a smidgen of critical thinking required. 

Show me where Auburn University, University of Mississippi, or any actual officials of those universities have made any announcement regarding the current rumors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Oxford, Mississippi might be one of the very few places I think that're less Deion Sanders-esque than Auburn, Alabama lol 

THIS. For once I actually agree with something you said! 😂😂 for real though!! I can’t see ole miss hiring Prime if the Lane Train 🚂 comes to AU.

• Like 1

What's confusing to me about all this. If the rumors are true and Cohen has zeroed in on his guy, he is doing this without conducting any formal interviews of the 3 or 4 presumed candidates.  Regardless of who he is targeting,  how do u guys feel about this ?

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

THIS. For once I actually agree with something you said! 😂😂 for real though!! I can’t see ole miss hiring Prime if the Lane Train 🚂 comes to AU.

Yep.   Unfortunately for OM, they will not consider Coach Prime.  It just won’t happen!   He is going to get a P5 job very soon.   If it ain’t AU, I really hope it’s outside the SEC, because it is going to suck trying to recruit against him!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

What's confusing to me about all this. If the rumors are true and Cohen has zeroed in on his guy, he is doing this without conducting any formal interviews of the 3 or 4 presumed candidates.  Regardless of who he is targeting,  how do u guys feel about this ?

I agree with your premise. But we don’t really know that formal interviews aren’t taking place. Virtual meetings happen all the time now. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I agree with your premise. But we don’t really know that formal interviews aren’t taking place. Virtual meetings happen all the time now. 

I guess that could be happening.  I'm more old school.  Kinda like shopping at brick and mortar vs buying online

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I guess that could be happening.  I'm more old school.  Kinda like shopping at brick and mortar vs buying online

Me too. Nothing beats face to face. And I have no idea if virtual even happens with CFB coach interviews but I guess it does limit message board jet tracking. 😅

I have no idea who will be the next AU HC. However I will always be eternally grateful for what the current interim staff has done to make the transition a success. The fans, recruits, and current players have been impacted in the most positive way to draw attention to a 4-6 team. The Admin will now be faced with addressing interim coaches in regards to the incoming HC. LAC may or may not be HC material yet, but he and the other staff have interjected hope into an otherwise lost season. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2