Auburn coaching hot board V2

aubiefifty

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

In the last 5 years, Clemson's recruiting has been in the #3 to #10 range on the 24/7 Composite Rankings, which is comprised of all the major recruiting services combined.

2022 -10th
2021 - 5th
2020 - 3rd
2019 - 10th
2018 - 7th

And so far for the 2023 class, they're ranked 10th.

I was all for giving Dabo a blank check and keys to the program after Gus left. 

Clemson is a little suspect when they don’t have an NFL QB. 

3 minutes ago, woodford said:

I was all for giving Dabo a blank check and keys to the program after Gus left. 

Clemson is a little suspect when they don’t have an NFL QB. 

Probably true of most programs

• Like 3

"If" Auburn does hire Lane at some point I hope they are smart enough not to pay him 10 mil a year.  There are 2 coaches who deserve that kind of money and they aren't Lane Kiffin.  I don't care if it is Ole Miss.  You put Kirby at Ole Miss he's racking up #1 recruiting classes and championships just like he is at UGA.  Its not the fans, its not the facilities, its the coach.  NIL and all that is just icing on the cake.   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Probably true of most programs

Stetson Bennett? He’s not as average as people like to mention but I don’t think he’s wowing scouts either. Maybe I’m wrong. 

13 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Lots of smoke on the interwebs about something happening tomorrow.  I've seen someone post a pine box on Twitter. 

I really hope it’s not Matt Rhule

• Love 1

15 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Lots of smoke on the interwebs about something happening tomorrow.  I've seen someone post a pine box on Twitter. 

Eagle Nesters have the scoop. What of it can be said anyway.

16 minutes ago, woodford said:

16 minutes ago, woodford said:

Supposed to be a private deal possibly made, not with Rhule

Edited by NWALA Tiger

3 minutes ago, woodford said:

Stetson Bennett? He’s not as average as people like to mention but I don’t think he’s wowing scouts either. Maybe I’m wrong. 

Very true.  I almost made the argument for the rest of the talent on that roster but Clemson probably is pretty close talent wise.  Texas A&M too should be stacked from the past 3-4 recruiting cycles Jimbo has put together.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Very true.  I almost made the argument for the rest of the talent on that roster but Clemson probably is pretty close talent wise.  Texas A&M too should be stacked from the past 3-4 recruiting cycles Jimbo has put together.

You made a great point. I wasn’t trying to play gotcha or anything. You need great QB play but imo in college you can win a NC if you have an elite defensive front and OL. 

The offensive narrative today glosses over too much. You have to be able to make stops on defense to win. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

They’re 4-0 vs us since 2011 so they can probably handle our schedule better than we do. 

So you think that somehow proves that on the field and, in recruiting, competing in the SEC is equivalent to competing in the ACC?

29 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

If" Auburn does hire Lane at some point I hope they are smart enough not to pay him 10 mil a year. 

Well “if” we hire him, we will be paying him that at least. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Wonder if all the fires starting from various former players about "removing the tag" is causing the higher ups to try and do a controlled release of some info to preempt and redirect the narrative? I guess i will have to wait and see.

1 minute ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Wonder if all the fires starting from various former players about "removing the tag" is causing the higher ups to try and do a controlled release of some info to preempt and redirect the narrative? I guess i will have to wait and see.

Removing the tag?