Jamie Chadwell

Win4AU

Watching this CC App State game.  What part of this offense wouldn’t work in the SEC with SEC players.  Kind of reminds me of the good Gus offense.  Winning is winning no matter where you are.

• Like 2

He runs a form of the Triple option game with Tempo.  They sling it around more than a traditional triple option but the concept is the same.  Need solid QBs to run it well.  Not just one but at least 2-3 due to injuries that occur. 

• Like 1

Honestly I just want something traditional with skilled players and solid line play. That seems to be how Georgia and Alabama compete every year

• Like 4

1 minute ago, shabby said:

Honestly I just want something traditional with skilled players and solid line play. That seems to be how Georgia and Alabama compete every year

Not Alabama anymore. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, shabby said:

NFL caliber limes make damn near any scheme work.

it’s been a looong time since we’ve had that and everybody’s scheme has struggled.  We’ve run through half a dozen OC’s, and none of them could could establish an offensive identity.  

• Like 2

I actually thought about that and would not mine down the line if he got an interview if our primary targets said no 

• Like 1

Its hard to prep for the Triple Option if you only defend against it once or twice a season. Multi option O's dont consistently work in NFL and these days in top tier leagues like SEC however b/c defenders are faster & stronger now than when that O thrived c. '75 - '85. Programs like Air Force & the occasional Sun Belt team that run it a lot have the luxury of playing teams that dont have SEC West-caliber LBs & edge rushers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

That is also what jimbo runs

You have to elite elite recruiting classes. 

Jimbo has had elite classes.  He’s just not a good coach.  

• Haha 1

I don’t care what kind of Offense our new coach runs.   There are pros and cons to all of it.   I just want someone who knows what the heck he’s doing, and can recruit and develop players to get it done.    That’s all.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Jimbo has had elite classes.  He’s just not a good coach.  

Yep and frankly we have run a prostyle offense by and large the past two seasons and of course in 2012. I dont think it works here tbh plus the pros are getting increasingly flashy w certain schemes. I think chadwells offense would be successful at Au

i like chadwell and i hope he gets a look if others do not work out. also not sure how long he would take to build the program back up but he seems to be great at that. i know his teams never quit and man they are fun to watch.

12 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Watching this CC App State game.  What part of this offense wouldn’t work in the SEC with SEC players.  Kind of reminds me of the good Gus offense.  Winning is winning no matter where you are.

No. No. And No!

Paul Johnson was pretty good at this and his best teams could not win against the top defenses. And when you finally do get tired of it, and you will, there is absolutely nothing left in the cupboard. If you think OL recruiting is bad now....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

No. No. And No!

Paul Johnson was pretty good at this and his best teams could not win against the top defenses. And when you finally do get tired of it, and you will, there is absolutely nothing left in the cupboard. If you think OL recruiting is bad now....

This.  These types of offenses do nothing to prepare OL (and other positions) for the NFL.

45 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

I don’t care what kind of Offense our new coach runs.   There are pros and cons to all of it.   I just want someone who knows what the heck he’s doing, and can recruit and develop players to get it done.    That’s all.  

Glad “thats all”. lol…..you make it sound such a simple recipe. What we actually have (in coaching search), is we know the outcome we want (finished product), we just have unmarked containers to use as ingredients.

1 hour ago, AUinMS9528 said:

As Gene Stallings said after he won the '92 MNC, "It's not the X's and O', it's the Jimmys and Joes".  We HAVE to get someone who can recruit like our rivals.

Edited by tinman1
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Glad “thats all”. lol…..you make it sound such a simple recipe. What we actually have (in coaching search), is we know the outcome we want (finished product), we just have unmarked containers to use as ingredients.

Lol.  You’re right.   It is a “simple recipe”.  But it’s certainly not easy to yield the perfect results.    Our problem at times has just been getting the simple recipe right.   

I hope Auburn at least interviews him. Seems to start out slow his first year at three of his four HC jobs but has his program roaring afterwards 

23 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

This.  These types of offenses do nothing to prepare OL (and other positions) for the NFL.

Thank you. Coaches like Gus we're late to the game on this. Players want to get PAID, i.e. play on Sunday. Don't care what school they play for, just prepare me for the NFL. Gus couldn't have cared less. Just wanted to run his offense. 

On 11/3/2022 at 9:09 PM, shabby said:

Neither of those teams are a traditional pro style offense anymore. They both run multiple scheme offenses that incorporate some tempo and a lot of spread shotgun sets.